Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 05:29 PM   #1
crown03
AF Newbie

2003 Crown Victoria Hesitation.

Hello, I am new to this forum which was recommended to me by a friend. I have a 2003 Ford crown Victoria with 137,000km (85,000 miles) which is in good condition overall. It runs well in the city and highway with few problems. I have noticed 1 issue with this car that is consistent. When it is snowing and below freezing it will hesitate occasionally on the highway at speeds over 45 mph. It does not put out any codes. I have sprayed the ignition wires with no change. I have not changed any ignition parts. I did over 500 miles on the highway this weekend in moderate rain with no trouble at all at temperatures around freezing. Today was snowing and below freezing with same problem on highway with occasional hesitation. In the city today with traction problems and tires spinning the ABS and Brake light came on. They were out when I drove it home. I live in the greater Toronto area.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Allan
crown03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:12 AM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2003 Crown Victoria Hesitation.

Go to an Auto store with loaner tools and get a fuel pressure test gauge set. Check fuel pressure low fuel pressure can cause problem.
When did you change fuel filter. Some parts stores will scan your system free get this done. If you don't find anything reply back. Pull vacuum line on fuel pressure regulator if fuel in the line replace.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:06 PM   #3
crown03
AF Newbie

Thank you for advice. I have not changed fuel filter since I bought car in Sept 2014. I will change it and test the pressure and let you know how it goes. It may take a while as it only does it in specific conditions.
crown03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #4
silicon212
Confoundingly Lucid

Send a message via ICQ to silicon212

Second the fuel pressure idea. Fuel filter is usually the culprit. You will need a tool to get the quick disconnect loose for each end of the filter.

Remember - a government that is strong enough to give you everything you need, is also strong enough to take everything you have.
silicon212 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Crown Victoria