Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > GS300/GS400/GS430/Aristo
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Madcat455
AF Regular

94 Lexus GS 300

Any help here?? I'm totally stumped on this.

Car has spark, is timed correctly, and has fuel pressure... turns over, but won't run.

Ran horrible, blowing black smoke like a diesel, the night before... check engine light was on, and the next day it'll just turn over and not start.

I tried to pull codes off the ECU by jumping the diag. terminal.. but the CE light just flashed every .5 sec without giving a code.

Looking at it, I found a broken MAF wire (so I soldered it back). The #3 injector wire had a length of wire spliced in with crimps.. so I removed that in favor of solder. Then the #4 injector wire had a bare spot, that may have been grounding on the intake.

Question... since I have air, fuel, spark, and it's timed correctly... shouldn't this thing fire over??

Anything I should be looking at?? I thought a bad sensor, but it should start and run till the ECU goes to closed loop. Maybe a bad ECU?

Thanks
Madcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote