Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2022, 09:28 AM   #1
gipimodel
AF Newbie

evoluzione disegni e prototipi di Pininfarina per Dino 206/246

About twenty years ago I bought this book which tells the story / evolution of one of the most beautiful cars ever released by Maranello
Una ventina di anni fa ho comperato questo libro che racconta la storia / l'evoluzione di una delle piu belle auto mai uscite dagli stabilimenti di Maranello

In this book I found various drawings that explain the evolution that Pininfarina made to arrive at the final result Dino 206/246
All'interno di questo libro ho trovato vari disegni che spiegano l'evoluzione che in Pininfarina fecero per arrivare al risultato finale Dino 206/246
gipimodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 10:11 AM   #2
gipimodel
AF Newbie

Re: evoluzione disegni e prototipi di Pininfarina per Dino 206/246

I therefore thought of using these drawings to make maquettes ( without interiors) in 1/18 scale
Ho pensato quindi di sfruttare questi disegni per realizzare delle maquette (senza interni) in scala 1/18

With the help of a photocopier I brought the 4 views I found (side, top, front, and back) to the correct scale and printed them on paper. The side view and the top view I then glued them on two 1.5 mm thick aluminum sheets which were then cut out along the outer edge.
At this point with a pillar drill and a 1 mm bit I drilled many holes along the lines on the two views (perimeter of the windows, wheel bends on the fender, rear hood and air vent on the front hood) and with a tip of 3 mm the two center wheels
Con l'aiuto di una fotocopiatrice ho portato alla scala corretta le 4 viste ( laterale,superiore,anteriore e posterire) e le ho stampate su carta, le due viste laterale e superiori le ho incollate su una lamina di allumini 1,5 mm di spessore che poi sono state tagliate
lungo il profilo esterno. A questo punto con un trapano a colonna e una punta di 1 mm di diametro ho fatto tantissimi fori lungo le linee presenti sulle due viste ( perimetro vetrature, curvature giroruota su parafanghi, cofano posteriore e sfogo aria su cofano anteriore )
e con una punta di 3 mm i due centri ruota
Old 03-07-2022, 02:28 PM   #3
gipimodel
AF Newbie

the two shapes were removed from the ureol block and along the outer perimeter of the top view and in the one from below
I fixed 8 + 8 plates with screws (the plates were numbered) When I fixed the plates I was careful not to place none of the
screws along the outer line of the two shapes (upper and lower) and write the numbers of the plates on the block of ureol.
it is very important that when the plates are refixed they return to the same position
Le due sagome sono state tolte dal blocco di ureol e lungo il perimetro esterno della vista dall'alto e in quella di sotto
8+8 piastrini con delle altre viti ( i piastrini sono stati numerati ) quando ho fissato i piastrini sono stato attento a non mettere
delle viti lungo la linea esterna delle sagome e a riportare i numeri dei piastrini sul blocco di ureol. è importantissimo che in seguito
quando i piastrini verranno rifissati tornino nello stesso posto.
I removed the plates and reassembled the upper, right and left side shapes and with a drill press I reported all the holes on the ureol block
These holes will help to make the maquette easier and will ensure a very precise symmetry
Ho tolto i piastrini e ho rimontate le due sagone superiore e laterale e con un trapano verticale ho riportato tutti i fori sul blocco di ureol
Questi fori serviranno a facilitare la realizzazione della maquette e garantiranno una simmetria molto precisa

at this point I reassembled the shapes and with a band saw I cut along the outer edge of the top view try not to get too many pieces because
later it would have been very difficult to reassemble the parallelepiped
A questo punto ho rismontato le sagome e con una sega a nasto ho tagliato il blocco di ureol lungo il bordo esterno della vista dall'alto
cercano di non ricavare troppi ritagli perche in seguito sarebbe difficilissimo tramite i piastrini ricostruire il
parallelepipedo.
using the 16 plates I rebuilt the parallelepiped and always with the band saw I cut along the outer edge of the side view
Tramite i 16 piastrini ho ricostruito il parallelepipedo e sempre con la sega a nastro ho tagliato lungo il bordo esterno della vista
laterale
the piece that I finally got is the starting point for my maquette
Il pezzo che finalmente ho ricavato è la partenza per la mia maquette.
Old 03-11-2022, 02:06 AM   #4
Deathtrap
AF Regular

I must admit it is cool to see a different approach to making a model car. I am no expert of this kind of 'sculpting' so looking forward to see your progression.
Personally I would go more for 3D printing, but perhaps because I have more experience in that field.

Will the end result be a simple outer shape? Or will you add details to, like wheels, bumbers, lights, windows?
Deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 06:02 AM   #5
gipimodel
AF Newbie

about twenty years ago when these maquettes were made I don't remember that 3d printing was available and if it was available I don't know at
what price. These maquettes were made with lime, chisels, sandpaper and a lot of patience as they once did. If I had to do them now, 3d printing
would help a lot but the manuality of the realization would be practically non-existent.
Una ventina di anni fa quando sono state fatte queste maquette non mi ricordo che la stampa 3d fosse a disposizione e
se lo fosse stata non so a che prezzo. Queste maquette sono state ricavate con lima, scalpello, carta vetrata e tanta pazienza come si faceva una volta
Se le dovessi fare adesso la stampa 3d aiuterebbe tantissimo ma la manualita della realizzazione sarebbe praticamente inesistente
Old 03-14-2022, 01:49 PM   #6
gipimodel
AF Newbie

with the help of a profilometer to obtain the correct symmetry, file, chisel and a lot of sandpaper I got this result.
unfortunately in some places I had to resort to putty because I had exaggerated in removing too much material
Con l'aiuto di un profilometro per ottenere la simmetria corretta , lima, scalpello e tanta carta vetrata ho ottenuto questo risultato.
Purtroppo in alcuni punti ho dovuto ricorrere a dello stucco perche avevo esagerato nell'asportare del materiale
to facilitate the work, I made the rear hood with an appropriately curved 1 mm thick aluminum plate and made the air outlet
duct on the front hood and then integrated it into the maquette
per facilitare il lavoro ho realizzato il cofano posterire con una lastra di alluminio di spessore 1 mm opportunamente curvata e
realizzato il condotto di uscita aria sul cofano a parte per poi integrarla alla maquette
Old 03-21-2022, 03:52 AM   #7
gipimodel
AF Newbie

some photos of the maquette on the pieces of ureol that have been removed from the initial block
alcune foto dellla maquette sui pezzi di ureol che sono stati eliminati dal blocco iniziale

to trace the lines of the windows, doors and the 2 petrol filler flaps, I used appropriately shaped
aluminum plates fixed to the maquette with screws and then with a mark I drew all the lines
per tracciare le linee delle vetrature, delle 2 porte e dei due sportellini bocchettone benzina
ho usato dei piastrini di alluminio opportunamente sagomati fissati alla maquette con delle viti
e poi con una punta da segno ho tracciato tutte le linee sull'ureol

after a few coats of primer this is the result obtained before the final painting
dopo alcune mani di fondo questo è il risultato ottenuto prima della verniciatura finale

the maquette photographed on the drawing that was used for the realization
la maquette fotografata sul disegno che è stato usato per la realizzazione
The Following User Says Thank You to gipimodel For This Useful Post:
Petersm99 (07-09-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 01:18 PM   #8
Deathtrap
AF Regular

I am really impressed. It looks very good. All those curves and still it looks nice and 'straight'.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deathtrap For This Useful Post:
gipimodel (03-21-2022)
Old 03-28-2022, 03:10 AM   #9
gipimodel
AF Newbie

the dino berlinetta was presented at the 1965 paris motor show. Brovadore's original design was significantly
modified. The prototype was not very successful but it was the beginning of the production dynos.
la dino berlinetta fu presentata al salone di parigi del 1965. il disegno originale di Brovadore fu notevolmente
modificato. il prototipo non ebbe un gran successo ma fu l'inizio delle dino di produzione

Old 03-29-2022, 07:44 AM   #10
Deathtrap
AF Regular

Super sweet. Like I said before, you have skills. Other skills I than those I have seen before and I like it.
Paintjob looks exquisit as well. And you managed to build it so fast. (I really am a slow builder)

Any plans to do more of these models?
Old 03-29-2022, 11:41 AM   #11
gipimodel
AF Newbie

for the realization of this maquette it took me 8 months and it has already been done for 21 years.
we modeling enthusiasts are not slow but to obtain good results it takes a long time
per la realizzazione di questa maquette ho impiegato 8 mesi e sono gia 21 anni che è stata fatta.
noi appassionati di modellismo non siamo lenti ma per ottenere dei buoni risultati ci vuole tanto tempo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gipimodel For This Useful Post:
stefanone (03-29-2022)
Old 03-29-2022, 11:47 AM   #12
gipimodel
AF Newbie

I made 2 other maquettes with this technique and I will add the photos later
ho realizzato altre 2 maquette con questa tecnica e aggiungero le foto in seguito
Old 04-04-2022, 03:19 AM   #13
gipimodel
AF Newbie

these are the last photos of the dino berlinetta maquette
queste sono le ultime foto della maquette della dino berlinetta

Old 04-09-2022, 04:16 AM   #14
gipimodel
AF Newbie

the dino berlinetta competition was presented at the frankfurt motor show in 1967
la dino berlinetta competizione fu presentata al salone di francoforte nel 1967

Old 04-15-2022, 09:14 AM   #15
gipimodel
AF Newbie

this 1/18 scale maquette was also made with the same technique as the dino berlinette
anche questa maquette in scala 1/18 è stata realizzata con la stessa tecnica della dino berlinetta

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports