Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Tips and Maintenance Procedures
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Tips and Maintenance Procedures Post helpful tips, maintenance guides and R&R procedures for all Buick models here.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 03:40 PM   #1
Bassasasin
AF Enthusiast

1994 Buick LeSabre Keyless Programming THIS IS HOW TO

To Program a Buick Lesabre 92-94.
Under the steering wheel above the Brake pedal is a 16 pin plug.. Remove your car keys keys. Jumper ( paper clip) short pins 4 (ground and 8 (erase program) (8= rear of car right corner) It's all upside down there so be careful.. It looks like top right Looking at it.. there are pins visible in 4 and 5 and 8 showing silver contact points. HOLD the connection.. Paper clip will stay in easy. The doors will lock and unlock twice then press your remote unlock key button. If you have two remotes .. have it available and press unlock on the second remote. The Doors should unlock again.. Be sure you press the "UNlock button.. Mine was in the center of the remote.

Thats it..

If you use this..
Bassasasin@aol.com (Dan)
Old 11-19-2003, 06:05 AM   #2
tman
Pimpin' ain't easy

Send a message via AIM to tman
Re: 1994 Buick LeSabre Keyless Programming THIS IS HOW TO

thanks, I will sticky it to the top of the page!

Old 06-02-2004, 11:32 AM   #3
Kwixtar
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Kwixtar Send a message via Yahoo to Kwixtar
Unhappy 95 LeSabre keyless programming???

The forums describe 92 - 94 and 97 up keyless programming. What happened to 95 and 96? I have a 95 LeSabre and need to know which instructions fit it? the 92 -94 or the 97 up?
By the way - great forum, thanks a lot for being there for us uninformed.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:17 PM   #4
tman
Pimpin' ain't easy

Send a message via AIM to tman

Try the 92-94, then if that fails, 97 and up. Also look in the park avenue forum, as the cars are close cousins in some respects.

Old 11-04-2004, 03:25 PM   #5
huey286
AF Newbie

Re: 95 LeSabre keyless programming???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwixtar
The forums describe 92 - 94 and 97 up keyless programming. What happened to 95 and 96? I have a 95 LeSabre and need to know which instructions fit it? the 92 -94 or the 97 up?
By the way - great forum, thanks a lot for being there for us uninformed.
I have '96 Custom, one remote lost memory and would do nothing. You just stand near car with it and press lock and unlock buttons at same time, hold down for about 10 seconds, lights will flash and horn beeps. then it works like new. If both remotes don't work, may be problem in car, and there's a way to reboot that too, but don't know how for sure, but some of this info is in owner's manual believe it or not. Good luck
Old 11-13-2004, 07:41 AM   #6
creslevi
AF Regular

Re: Re: 95 LeSabre keyless programming???

Quote:
Originally Posted by huey286
I have '96 Custom, one remote lost memory and would do nothing. You just stand near car with it and press lock and unlock buttons at same time, hold down for about 10 seconds, lights will flash and horn beeps. then it works like new. If both remotes don't work, may be problem in car, and there's a way to reboot that too, but don't know how for sure, but some of this info is in owner's manual believe it or not. Good luck
My 94 LeSabre has a 2 button keyless entry system installed by the dealer where I bought the car in Feb.95
So I am not sure if it would be considered OEM or aftermarket, But I am sure the installer explained to me that what you describe by holding down both buttons was called a panic alert, used to attract attention in case your wife or yourself for that matter was approached in a parking lot, I think mine flashes all the lights and turns on a very loud horn/siren to attempt to draw attention to your car and maybe scare off an attacker, I have the book somewhere if you have any questions just E-Mil me. Rick
Old 12-02-2004, 07:36 PM   #7
gr8tylor
AF Newbie

program remote

on a 92 is it the same because above the brake pedal i counted 12 holes with 8 contacts inside of them surrounded by a plastic plug? I just read your post and ordered a remote off of ebay that came in today. I was give the job to restore this car back to factory condition.
all i do is jumper pins 4 to 8 and then the doors will unlock twice and i'll press my unlock key? thanks tylor
Old 12-30-2004, 07:02 PM   #8
Resident037
AF Newbie

HELP !!!!!!! Im stuck, My car says SECURITY and it doesn't start

Hey, Im sure you guys are talking about something else in this thread, But I have a serious problem, an EMERGENCY.

My CAR won't START, I have a BUICK LE SABRE 1994.

I turn the KEY, and the lights and radio go on, everything works, but the car won't start, nothing happens.

A blinking LIGHT comes on and it says SECURITY.

I did some quick research, my key looks like a regular key, but it has a little black plastic thing at near the end with a small metal stripe on each side. I believe that it is a CHIP KEY.

I heard that there is a possibility that the Ignition cylindar broke or is not reading my key right.
Or could it just be the key, and could it be easily fixed by making a new copy of the key.

I was told that my ignition has something similiar to what you guys discussed on this thread, paper clip like pins that touch the key when inserted.

I've talked to buick dealers, but they're price is terrible, and I've talked to some LOCKSMITHS and some of them said that they can do it.
Is it possible, they said that they have the computer to reprogram the new key, can they do that.

Please let me know, this is an option that my car has and I never knew about it. Its for Anti-theft I think, but its acting Anti-Owner.

I can't get to work, around, and I might have to spend my New Years at home.

Please HELP, thanks in advance, very appriciated.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:22 PM   #9
Steve13
AF Newbie

Question, I have a 94 Lesabre Custom, I bought it used about 2 years ago, it didn't come with any remotes but it has all the fancy power stuff and the chip-in-key thing, so I'm wondering if it also has the remote entry, is there anyway to check if it does and if so, where could I get some remotes.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
Old 06-06-2005, 07:50 AM   #10
92LESABRE
AF Newbie

hey i am wondering if you know a place to order factory keyless remotes for 92 lesabres
Old 08-05-2006, 05:45 AM   #11
Bassasasin
AF Enthusiast

All 94's came with Keyless remotes... SO your in luck...
Old 10-04-2006, 07:33 PM   #12
HotZ28
AF Moderator Elite

Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.
Thread Closed!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Tips and Maintenance Procedures