Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Uplander
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 09:27 PM   #1
woscarr
AF Regular

Cool Changed the spark plugs in my ride 08 UplanderLT...

Hey folks just a little ditty about my recently aquired 08 Uplander. Got the van about 8 months ago used of coarse. My third GM minivan and not a bad little rider I must say. Had a 98 Trans Sport and a 02 Silhouette before the uplander. Would probably still have both if they hadn't rotted away ! The uplander has been Krown rust proofed from the get go with the warranty and all. The engine hasn't a single spot of oil or grease to be seen anywhere. just really good shape overall.

I immediately upgraded the A/V system with a custom install, Head unit, subwoofer, power amp,dvd screens, backup camera, dash cam, sirius radio. I used the PAC radio pro5 to retain RAP, Onstar and steering wheel controls. Added a set of super tweets and took the speakers from my ol' 02 Silhoutte. They were the exact same speakers as in the 08 Uplander only they magnets twice the size and they sound twice as good too ?

I was having a little trouble with the van that seemed to be getting worse. A misfire it seemed, a little bucking at highway speeds when under load like climbing a hill with cruise control on. 'Eric the Car Guy' described it best.. if you've ever been fishing it's like a fish nibbling on your line and that's exactly what was happening to me when stopped at a red light or something.

So I got me a new set of factory acdelco 7mm wires and NGK laser iridium plugs (more expensive than the delco's) and parked the van in my unheated garage and went to work. It took me about a hour to change the front three plugs, change the oil and clean the throttle body. I started the job around 11am took a break at 2pm til 3pm was done the job by 5! That's right 4 hours to do the back three plugs. Obviously my arms are too short lol. I watched the youtube vids, they made it look so easy. I disconnected the two wish bones, could barely see the coil packs, put the strap on and cranked the engine forward as far as it would go and guess what.. I still could only barely see the coils packs ! Man oh man what a ordeal.

The sixth plug that I went after happened to be cylinder #1 and anyone who's owned a Montana, Venture, Silhouette and Uplander and is DIY'er knows all about that cylinder. After practically killing myself I pulled out a cracked spark plug with a carbon track and all. It is very rewarding to do a job like this and actually find a problem I must say. Looking at the plugs you can tell there old with the gaps eroded and rust, but still a nice tan color combustion looks good imo, love to hear yours.

So far the van is running very smooth and excellent idling.

Now for the pictures. First I show off my baby with HID's then some pictures of the spark plugs.

Cheer's
Wayne.
woscarr is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Uplander