Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Tips and Maintenance Procedures
Tips and Maintenance Procedures Post helpful tips, maintenance guides and R&R procedures for all Buick models here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 01:00 AM   #151
enslow
AF Regular

Shuddering has begun again.

I'm also dealing with water leaks in the HVAC intake, flakey grounds, ... I think I'm done with GM. My 92 Grand Marquis, while not perfect, has stood up better and still going.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
enslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #152
Buzfoo
AF Newbie

Re: 4T65E Trans Shift Hard, P1811 DTC

I've owned many 4t65e transmissions. And I am MAST ASE cert

If you keep these boxes cool you will get 300k out of one but here's the thing!
Get yourself a Scangauge2 and enter the transmission code to monitor your fluid temp asap!

In a car. Buick Chevy. With a little cooler you should be at 170-180 with 95 f ambient temp. Don't worry about winter months as it will get up to 140f with no problem.

In a heavy loaded van. Venture etc. you will need a big cooler! Or maybe two normal sized coolers just to keep the temp at 170-180f because of the oversized Torque converter.

remember trans fluid only lasts 30 mins at 280f.
At 220 trans fluid starts breaking down.
OUCH!

If your running a 195f engine thermostat replace it with a 180f!
Keep the underhood temps as low as you can get it this is where the scan gauge tool shines!

I've had codes 1811
It's Not a worn out trans! It's bad fluid and heat!

Long shift times etc and made the trans-should ft kit my self with bushings from a local hardware store for 6 dollars. The kit is 30 online. Accumulator spacers!

bottom line take care of the fluid every 30k. And keep it cool! I like 175f after an hour of driving! They are great transmissions with very a sensitive PCM! Any shift that is longer then .75 of a second it will set your trans code! fluid thickness plays a big part when it's super hot! It's like water so takes longer to build pressure as with cooler fluid! Spend the few bucks and time now and your transmission will take care of you.
Buzfoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:02 PM   #153
eugene57
AF Newbie

Thumbs up 4T65E Trans Shift Slippage Fix

I've a 2006 SS Impala. The first 4T65E trans failed just after the GM warranty period! Of course!!! It cost me $3200.00 to replace it with a 'Factory Certified' ( from Star Chevrolet in Greensburg, PA ) rebuilt one. They told me there were no 'new' ones. BS! (FYI Do not take your car there!)

Anyway, a couple of weeks after the replacement was installed... it started slipping between 1st and 2nd, and 3rd and 4th. It would slip... then SLAM into gear. Took it back to the shop (Star Chevrolet in Greensburg, PA) and left it there for a week ( and I know I shouldn't have ) where they put over 60... 60 miles on my car, and told me nothing was wrong with it. I don't have to say, I WAS PISSED! As I pulled out of their parking lot, of course, the transmission slipped going into 2nd and then slammed into gear!

The little shop where I have general maintenance done on my car told me to put half a bottle of 'Lucas Transmission Fix' in it, and that it was amazing stuff. I did.

After driving the car several times after adding the Lucas, the slippage happened less and less. It stopped slipping completely after about 2 weeks and hasn't shifted weird since. In fact, I believe the transmission actually shifts smoother and faster than before.

I agree with my local mechanic. I love the 'Lucas Transmission Fix'! It worked!

(I do not work for Lucas, by the way.)
eugene57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:48 PM   #154
Samh321
AF Newbie

I have been researching like crazy to find a solution, I stumbled upon this and I hope someone can help. I have a 2005 chevy impala with the p1811 code. Driving uphill is a pain I will be cruising at 60 mph and once I start going uphill the mph goes down to about 40 and I have to really give it gas to make it go. I have changed the catalytic converter, new plugs, wires, fuel filter. All made a difference from when I first bought it. I have a shift kit in the garage but I'm not sure if installing it will help. Can someone please for the love of baby Jesus give your thoughts!!!
Samh321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #155
eugene57
AF Newbie

Yeah, well. What you describe can be anything from a flat tire to a faulty TPS.
eugene57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:29 PM   #156
Samh321
AF Newbie

Funny
... not...
Samh321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 12:40 PM   #157
mrbreezeet1
AF Newbie

Re: 4T65E Trans Shift Slippage Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene57 View Post
I've a 2006 SS Impala. The first 4T65E trans failed just after the GM warranty period! Of course!!! It cost me $3200.00 to replace it with a 'Factory Certified' ( from Star Chevrolet in Greensburg, PA ) rebuilt one. They told me there were no 'new' ones. BS! (FYI Do not take your car there!)

Anyway, a couple of weeks after the replacement was installed... it started slipping between 1st and 2nd, and 3rd and 4th. It would slip... then SLAM into gear. Took it back to the shop (Star Chevrolet in Greensburg, PA) and left it there for a week ( and I know I shouldn't have ) where they put over 60... 60 miles on my car, and told me nothing was wrong with it. I don't have to say, I WAS PISSED! As I pulled out of their parking lot, of course, the transmission slipped going into 2nd and then slammed into gear!

The little shop where I have general maintenance done on my car told me to put half a bottle of 'Lucas Transmission Fix' in it, and that it was amazing stuff. I did.

After driving the car several times after adding the Lucas, the slippage happened less and less. It stopped slipping completely after about 2 weeks and hasn't shifted weird since. In fact, I believe the transmission actually shifts smoother and faster than before.

I agree with my local mechanic. I love the 'Lucas Transmission Fix'! It worked!

(I do not work for Lucas, by the way.)
Lucas is good!
I had a 02 Alero, Got the tranny pretty hot one day/ lots of stop and go.....
Had to turn around, Put it in drive BAM!!!!! Put in reverse BAM!!!!!!
Turning the car off never dropped the pressure. Bottle of Lucas, and a week later!!!!!
Perfect till I got rid of the car. About 5 years at least!!
mrbreezeet1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Tips and Maintenance Procedures