Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
WRCfan
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to WRCfan Send a message via MSN to WRCfan Send a message via Yahoo to WRCfan
Tyrrell 002 - Jackie Stewart - British Grand Prix

After a little while out of the modelling game I decided it was time to get back into it and recently I couldn't help but purchasing the Tyrrell 002 from Hobbylink Japan.

Kitset: Tyrrell 002

Im intending to build it all OOB, except for a Tamiya harness kit. As quite an avid autograph hunter, this kit is being built to sit alongside my signed Sir Jackie Stewart photo in the cabinet. It is also good motivation while I am building!

More to come very soon!

Inspiration

Old 10-22-2015, 02:37 AM   #2
Niro750
AF Regular

Re: Tyrrell 002 - Jackie Stewart - British Grand Prix

Love the look of this car, don't know anything about them! Look forward to your build
Niro750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #3
flashman1957
AF Newbie

Just curious, why not model it as Jackie's 1972 German GP car to match your terrific photo? I haven't researched the mechanical configuration differences between the 1971 car in the kit and the way it ran in that 1972 race, but I would think the decal markings wouldn't be very hard to do. The #1 race number should be easy to do, and the "Tyrrell Ford" lettering on the nose might be sourced from the Pattos Place's Tyrrell 007 sheet (http://members.optusnet.com.au/pattosplace/home.html), either the 1/24th or 1/18th scale sheets might work or you could inquire whether he could print them to 1/20th scale. You would also need to open up the brake air vents either side of the nose radiator intake as was used in 1972.

Just a suggestion. However you build it, I'll enjoy watching, so thanks for sharing the WIP!

In case they are useful, here are some great detail reference photos of one of the series 1 Tyrrells (I plan to use them when I get around to building the kit):
http://www.britishracecar.com/JohnDi...yrrell-004.htm

Cameron

Last edited by flashman1957; 10-23-2015 at 11:20 AM.
flashman1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #4
Lee Yoder
AF Newbie

Definitely subscribed to this thread! I saw this at my LHS and will definitely add it my bench. Recently saw Sir Jackie at the USGP in Austin, still looking spritely!

Later,
Lee
Lee Yoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 11:19 PM   #5
WRCfan
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to WRCfan Send a message via MSN to WRCfan Send a message via Yahoo to WRCfan

It has been a long time between innings on this one but it is back at the table again and we are progressing. Really want to get this knocked out to do another classic F1 then a rally car so progress pics here we go.

Tub went together quite well, a few headaches to get the top cover sitting perfectly on the bottom half but now it sits seamlessly and I am very happy with it. Front suspension is almost done, and the dash has been wired up and plonked in place. Suspension assembly up next and then onto the engine. Lee I spotted both the Tyrrell kits released by Ebbro but this front end appealed much more to me than the other one, yet I haven't seen many of this particular kitset finished up yet. He certainly is a spritely fella and still out and about plenty which is great! Flashman I am doing my research to do so, thanks for planting the seed! Great idea.

Cheers!

Old 06-26-2016, 05:31 PM   #6
WRCfan
AF Regular

With winter trapping me indoors I have been able to spend a bit of time on the Tyrrell. Things are moving along now. Engine has been completed, and the monocoque is 3/4 of the way there. On the home stretch now!

Old 06-30-2016, 02:25 AM   #7
Shunter2402

Very very nice...
Shunter2402 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports