Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 10:48 PM   #1
pepsihatman
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pepsihatman
Hello Hello Hello and maitenance questions

Hello friends, My name is David and I have recently purchased a 1998 Acura Integra GS-R.

I wanted to say hi, and also that this forum has been so incredibly useful. I wanted to ask about the type of maintenance I should be doing with the car. the previous owner only really took it to get the oil changed and some maintenance. The car has 71,000 miles on it, and I wanted to ask what type of maintenance I should be doing. I have purchased an AEM cold air intake already, after finding the stock filter in the car to be grossly dirty, so that's not going to be a problem. Will a clogged filter really make a big performance difference? Also, I have changed the spark plugs to NGK Iridium, and NGK wires. Anything else that I may want to look into, to get the car running better?
pepsihatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 02:55 AM   #2
integralover
AF Enthusiast

oh yes man, a clogged filter to a new filter makes a world of a difference. now spark plugs, wires, fuel filter(big difference if never been changed) might want to do a timing belt(this can be time consuming or a little on the expensive side if done by a mechanic) and i would use some sort of an engine cleaner. sea foam works really good. those are the major things. and change the oil when you are supposed to and the car will last. i perfer full synthetic oil and a good oil filter. even at 70k miles it will help. it has been proven in several tests that full syn is better in many ways. and that you can change ever 5k miles. and buy a haynes or chilton book. the haynes manual is like my bible. always good to have one.
AEM CAI
DC Sports Stainless Steel Header
G4 High Flow Cat
GReddy MX Cat Back Exhaust
Skunk2 Racing Chip
Lots of interior goodies
integralover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 03:29 AM   #3
superbluecivicsi
AF - Advisor

Re: Hello Hello Hello and maitenance questions

Do everything accordingly to the manual in the glove dept and you will be fine.
FS: B series InlinePro cast mani, PnH RC 550s, and Hondata S2b. pm me.
superbluecivicsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 08:19 PM   #4
pepsihatman
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pepsihatman
Yea, I'm using 5w30 synthetic oil as soon as I got it. I'll get a fuel filter soon (next week or so). Thanks for the advice.
pepsihatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 10:02 PM   #5
LSfrankenstein
Banned

I actually have a 98 GSR and i got it with 61K and it has always consumed a lil bit of oil so i switched from a 5w30 to 10w30 and now it doesnt consume anything. its nothin major not like smoke comin out the back or anything just like if u use vtec and run ur car like a sports car then small small small amounts of oil get consumed that add up over time and 10w30 fixed it. might try that (not bullshit)
LSfrankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 10:55 PM   #6
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsihatman
Hello friends, My name is David and I have recently purchased a 1998 Acura Integra GS-R.

I wanted to say hi, and also that this forum has been so incredibly useful. I wanted to ask about the type of maintenance I should be doing with the car. the previous owner only really took it to get the oil changed and some maintenance. The car has 71,000 miles on it, and I wanted to ask what type of maintenance I should be doing. I have purchased an AEM cold air intake already, after finding the stock filter in the car to be grossly dirty, so that's not going to be a problem. Will a clogged filter really make a big performance difference? Also, I have changed the spark plugs to NGK Iridium, and NGK wires. Anything else that I may want to look into, to get the car running better?
welcome to automotive forums, i hope u find this place useful and speaking for all us, we hope u stick around. the guys mostly pointed out everything when it comes to the maintenance, and since ur at +70k miles, i reccomend u use a thicker oil grade, such as a 10w30 or a 10w40. another thing i noticed no one had mention, was the radiator fluid. if it was me, i would have it flushed just top make sure its thotoughly clean. also spend $10 for a fuel system cleaner, and take ur car to a good year to have ur brakes inspected for free, well it was free when i went, but that was quite sometime ago.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:16 PM   #7
LSfrankenstein
Banned

dont use a 10w40 just step up to 30, 30 works good
Old 10-11-2004, 12:11 AM   #8
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Hello Hello Hello and maitenance questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSfrankenstein
dont use a 10w40 just step up to 30, 30 works good
oh no the engine guru wheres korean? i want this guy banned. all in favor say aye. he must be a 12 year old since he doesn't even know proper english, its "30 works well."
Old 10-11-2004, 12:30 AM   #9
LSfrankenstein
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Hello Hello Hello and maitenance questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tran_nsx
oh no the engine guru wheres korean? i want this guy banned. all in favor say aye. he must be a 12 year old since he doesn't even know proper english, its "30 works well."
I suppose ur the engine guru when u suggest for him to use 10w30 RIGHT after i do. Are you working for the grammar police now? Oops, you forgot to capitalize the first letter of ur sentence. A DEMOTION IS IN ORDER!
Old 10-11-2004, 12:36 AM   #10
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Hello Hello and maitenance questions

Quote:
I suppose ur the engine guru when u suggest for him to use 10w30 RIGHT after i do. Are you working for the grammar police now? Oops, you forgot to capitalize the first letter of ur sentence. A DEMOTION IS IN ORDER!
i never said i was the guru now did i? i didn't even pay attention to ur post, who in there right mind would? do u even know the difference between the two viscosity? i just contacted some of the mods, guess we'll see what they have to say about u being banned. i know one thing, this place doesn't need children like u to give out wrong useless info to the public.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:40 AM   #11
LSfrankenstein
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Hello Hello and maitenance questions

Quote:
i never said i was the guru now did i? i didn't even pay attention to ur post, who in there right mind would? do u even know the difference between the two viscosity? i just contacted some of the mods, guess we'll see what they have to say about u being banned. i know one thing, this place doesn't need children like u to give out wrong useless info to the public.
Didn't you mean "viscositIES." Cmon man, your the grammar king! Ban me?! Ive done nothing against the rules.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:02 AM   #12
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Hello Hello and maitenance questions

Quote:
Didn't you mean "viscositIES." Cmon man, your the grammar king! Ban me?! Ive done nothing against the rules.
wow, good job looking up the term, let me guess, ur proclaiming ur self to be the grammar guru too right? u still googling the types of oil grades?
Old 10-11-2004, 01:15 AM   #13
LSfrankenstein
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Hello Hello and maitenance questions

Quote:
wow, good job looking up the term, let me guess, ur proclaiming ur self to be the grammar guru too right? u still googling the types of oil grades?
Ill stop googling when you stop reciting everything you read from your Haynes manual. Do you live on a farm by chance? the background of ur pic looks pretty rural. I thought hillbillies drove lifted trucks not ricers with teddy bears in it. what else in that pic is photoshopped besides the front with the license plate?
Old 10-11-2004, 01:19 AM   #14
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Hello Hello and maitenance questions

Quote:
Ill stop googling when you stop reciting everything you read from your Haynes manual. Do you live on a farm by chance? the background of ur pic looks pretty rural. I thought hillbillies drove lifted trucks not ricers with teddy bears in it. what else in that pic is photoshopped besides the front with the license plate?
sounds like he is running out of ideas
Old 10-11-2004, 01:23 AM   #15
LSfrankenstein
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Hello Hello and maitenance questions

Quote:
sounds like he is running out of ideas
I think your just giving up! "YEEEEHAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!" maybe next time, cowboy.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra