Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
ReverseScamology
AF Newbie

Best Street racing Car Ever?

I Think it is the corvette zo6. It looks amazing, handles well and can be modified to beat Bugatti's, what do u guys think?
ReverseScamology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95
Re: Best Street racing Car Ever?

The Geo Metro. Throw in a GNX motor and you destroy everything. Nuff said.

/sarcasm.

Welcome to the forums

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

Nope. My personal opinion is going to be something that can handle well always while at the same time catch traction without a bloody swap of tires. IMO, there are a lot of choices but I would defintately say for street racing it would be something AWD.

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

Three black Honda Civics with green underglow and Mashimoto tires.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
TatII
AF Fanatic

In all fairness the C6 Z06 is very nice, but I would go with the GTR just because I'm more of a import fan and that the GTR is overall a better car even though mod for mod it would get walked by a Z06 at speeds above 120mph+

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:54 AM   #6
ReverseScamology
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR43000GT View Post
Nope. My personal opinion is going to be something that can handle well always while at the same time catch traction without a bloody swap of tires. IMO, there are a lot of choices but I would defintately say for street racing it would be something AWD.
i get what u r saying, but remember the corvette zr1 is the fastest production car ever to go around Nurembergring noorcheife, i dont know if u know ehat that is, but its a 20km long circuit with 160+ corners. u r not going to be the fastest around there without good traction and handling. Thats why i wud stil go corvette, killer around corners, massecerer on straights.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseScamology View Post
i get what u r saying, but remember the corvette zr1 is the fastest production car ever to go around Nurembergring noorcheife, i dont know if u know ehat that is, but its a 20km long circuit with 160+ corners. u r not going to be the fastest around there without good traction and handling. Thats why i wud stil go corvette, killer around corners, massecerer on straights.
Actually, it isn't anymore. If you want to consider the Viper ACR and the Ferrari 599 GTX production, they blew the ZR1 up.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #8
ReverseScamology
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan View Post
Actually, it isn't anymore. If you want to consider the Viper ACR and the Ferrari 599 GTX production, they blew the ZR1 up.
The corvette zr1 is a production car, the 599 gtx and viper acr are production DERIVED cars, not in the same class. i can take a single seat racer and absolutely annihilate the 599, but its not in the same class therefore incomparable. the zr1 still holds the production car lap record around the Nurembergring.
This Thread is about street racers. if i took a 599x and a zr1 or zo6 and moddified both of them, the zr1 or zo6 will easily surpass the 599. the ferrari is already the best it can be, hence its a proper ferrari. the zo6 is just a simple block that can take much more power, you can do much things to it. many people have got it to over 1000hp easily and i know of one person who took a 6.0 version to 1986hp. U will never get that from a ferrari. it would break if u tried. the ferrari is amazing, but if u buy the vette and spend the rest of the money that u wud of spent just buying the ferrari on modding the vette, nothing on the road will catch u. Period.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #9
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseScamology View Post
The corvette zr1 is a production car, the 599 gtx and viper acr are production DERIVED cars, not in the same class. i can take a single seat racer and absolutely annihilate the 599, but its not in the same class therefore incomparable. the zr1 still holds the production car lap record around the Nurembergring.
This Thread is about street racers. if i took a 599x and a zr1 or zo6 and moddified both of them, the zr1 or zo6 will easily surpass the 599. the ferrari is already the best it can be, hence its a proper ferrari. the zo6 is just a simple block that can take much more power, you can do much things to it. many people have got it to over 1000hp easily and i know of one person who took a 6.0 version to 1986hp. U will never get that from a ferrari. it would break if u tried. the ferrari is amazing, but if u buy the vette and spend the rest of the money that u wud of spent just buying the ferrari on modding the vette, nothing on the road will catch u. Period.
You've obviously never spent any time off the LS1tech boards, have you? Ever hear of some people called Underground Racing? They went ahead and TT'd a Gallardo that went 249 in the Texas Mile. That's a standing mile, mind you, not some roll race. A local Supra builder took his out there too. Only car he didn't beat was the UR TT'd Gallardo. They are doing a 1500whp build on a F430 right now. Yup, completely maxed out, no mods work at all.

I can, off hand, name about ten or fifteen local guys that have taken modded ZR1s, bent them over their knees, and spanked them like a little bitch. ZR1 is awesome, don't get me wrong, I've been in a handful and got some seat time on one, but it is not the end all be all of cars, ever.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #10
TatII
AF Fanatic

That cost vs mod argument is very hard to argue since I know I would take the 599 gtb or gto over any corvette modded or not. The stock 599 GTB is no slouch either being able to break 130mph in the 1/4 and all stock and thats not even the gto version. And yes you can mod exotics just ask the folks over at underground racing where they twin turbo the gallardos to break 1000hp regularly. If you want to talk about all out speed there is a twin turbo Ford GT that has been doing the standing mile and it absolutely destroyed the record that was previously held by a supra. The old record was 246mph in the mile, the Ford GT posted 267mph against a strong headwind!! They have broke 270mph during practice runs. If you are going to judge the ultimate street car based on highway rolls than that Ford GT is the king, followed by the Supra.

edit: Cassiesman beat me to it, I had no idea UR had finally beat the supra. So yes the new order is TT ford GT, TT Gallardo, than large single turbo supra.

Best E.T. 13.559
Old 06-02-2010, 11:50 PM   #11
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

So are we talking about production cars now? Or cars that can be modded to be anything? Also, are we talking about straight line performance? Or are we racing in the twisties?

All in all the Vette is an amazing car in it's own right. But, ultimately, if you are talking about "this car being modded for the price of that car, it will beat it and anything else", you pretty much have opened a major gap for almost any car to beat any car out there based on who has the most money. Kinda pointless.

Confusing stuff, but I am really enjoying the pace of this thread. Carry on chaps!

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #12
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatII View Post

edit: Cassiesman beat me to it, I had no idea UR had finally beat the supra. So yes the new order is TT ford GT, TT Gallardo, than large single turbo supra.
Yup, SW finally bit the bullet and went all out. Ross from Dynosaur went down to the Texas Mile as well in his "slow" car and he beat everyone except SW.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #13
ReverseScamology
AF Newbie

Arrow Re: Best Street racing Car Ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan View Post
You've obviously never spent any time off the LS1tech boards, have you? Ever hear of some people called Underground Racing? They went ahead and TT'd a Gallardo that went 249 in the Texas Mile. That's a standing mile, mind you, not some roll race. A local Supra builder took his out there too. Only car he didn't beat was the UR TT'd Gallardo. They are doing a 1500whp build on a F430 right now. Yup, completely maxed out, no mods work at all.

I can, off hand, name about ten or fifteen local guys that have taken modded ZR1s, bent them over their knees, and spanked them like a little bitch. ZR1 is awesome, don't get me wrong, I've been in a handful and got some seat time on one, but it is not the end all be all of cars, ever.
I agree with hat u said there, the zr1 is definitely not the end all be all of cars but for band for its buck it gets a pretty good score... it beats lots of cars triple its price. If you give a zo6 to the underground racing guys to seriously mod ( not the zr1, the z06 has much more modding potential), they will come out with a 2000hp supercar that WILL run away from the gallardo that they did. The f430 is basically not the same engine, it just a very small piece of it in the middle of a mass of tuning. Most street racers cant afford to do that, and doing small things to a z06 compared to doing small things to 599 is a big difference. I know one guy who never even turbo ed his z06, but changed exhaust systems, put new heads and injectors and polished and redid the CPU. He is getting 800hp. Without a turbo. You can do those small things to a 599, but u wont get 800hp, i reeli dont think you can.

If you do turbo either car, thats a entirely different story.... the z06 can take a turbo without much trouble, but more prep will have to be done on a 599.
also another car that i think is good is an Elise with a bigger engine dropped inside, that could go like a rocket on straights and also around corners.
maybe the chevy 572 v8 would do well there :sarcasm1: dont think it will fit....

Keep up the good posting guys

Last edited by ReverseScamology; 06-03-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: reword
Old 06-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #14
TatII
AF Fanatic

The elise would be horrible for a top speed run. The car is too small and too light with too short of a wheel base to be stable at those speeds. Also the reason why you get such large gains with light mods with the vette is because they were not optimized from the factory. The argument is kind of lame because it is such a open ended discussion. Also your saying that you put turbos in a vette and it will do 2000hp. Guess what kind of cars comes to the standing mile competitions? Turbo charged 8.4 liter vipers and Turbo charged Vettes. The high powered cars in those competition all average around 1500whp. The thing that is holding the supra back is gearing. The supra at 240mph is redlining 10K in 6th gear, but its aero and stability is superb.

Best E.T. 13.559
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #15
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07

most street races occur from about 65-135 or so. there is rarely an instance where going over 140 is needed, or used for a race unless its neck and neck. no one really races from a dig anymore. the closest thing to a dig these days are 20mph rolls so people dont just spin at the line, as turbo and high hp fwd cars are common now.

basically your looking at what can accelerate to 135 or so the fastest from 65 give or take.

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Chiquae07 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing