Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 06:30 PM   #1
sebaxx
AF Newbie

problem with my automatic transmission

hi there...i dont know what happen with my trasmission, heres the problem.

i drive my car on D....at any speed...if i remove the foot on the pedal, the rpms goes low...like the car is going in neutral.....if i shift to 2 gear....the engine wait 5 minutes tu make the shift...and feel the brake engine....i dont know why.
sebaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 08:40 PM   #2
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Re: problem with my automatic transmission

Quote:
Originally posted by sebaxx
hi there...i dont know what happen with my trasmission, heres the problem.

i drive my car on D....at any speed...if i remove the foot on the pedal, the rpms goes low...like the car is going in neutral.....if i shift to 2 gear....the engine wait 5 minutes tu make the shift...and feel the brake engine....i dont know why.
What year and how many miles do you have on your car? Is it an automagic?

The only reason I ask is because Nissan is known for its' great VQ Engine and engines in general and not really known for their crappy trannies (except by us owners).

It sounds to me as though your tranny is going to sleep, if I were you I'd take it in to get it checked. My tranny did the same thing on me on a trip back from Chicago, later that same week, it died.

Don't take any chances, get it checked out.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:48 PM   #3
sebaxx
AF Newbie

look

theres a little noise under the car....is exactly on the transmission fluid tank.....is likle electric noise, when i press the pedal(accelerator) with the key in on position.....
Old 01-20-2003, 08:12 AM   #4
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Re: look

Quote:
Originally posted by sebaxx
theres a little noise under the car....is exactly on the transmission fluid tank.....is likle electric noise, when i press the pedal(accelerator) with the key in on position.....
Trust me, man don't play around go and get it fixed, I'd take a sure bet that your tranny is going to the grave. It's your call though, I personally knowing what I know now about Nissan trannies wouldn't chance driving on it any longer.

Be wise young grasshopper, be wise.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:06 PM   #5
sebaxx
AF Newbie

well

well...i went to nissan especial shop and they told me 3 things
1. maybe its the pump
2. maybe is the valve/solenoide
3. the fluid is bad and dirty

Well we remplace all the fluid of the tranny...and they make a high clean proccess...with a special machine and process. Then i went to taste the car and the tranny was good again. At this morning i start the engine and the tranny was a little hard but after 2 miles the tranny was ok again..................before i didnt have to wait any miles to warm the tranny and right now i have to, why?