Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 08:49 PM   #1
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman
DIY Exaust + Good Sound 3.0l Push rod V6

Im looking to do my very own DIY exaust on my truck. I know the basics of delta flow (care to educate me further?) and from a few calulations if i can assume the flow of air where i want the most power gain is correct (2,500-3,500 RPM) 2 3/4" tubing would be the best stock sized piping for my particular application.
Im looking to go from cat back and possibly dumping it out right below the back of the cab. or just doing a side sweep, dual exaust is out of the question because this would require dual 2" tubing, which seems sorta puney, to get aprox the same flow.
on top of that having to get 2 mufflers (i wont settle for less than true dual exaust)

So now that i have the size i want down the question is what muffler? im not looking to drop $200 on a borla muffler...i was thinking flowmaster 40 series or something similar (or cheaper). Im not looking for huge gains just a little mroe umph and MPG due to better breathing in the RPM band i use under heavyish acceleration. However i dont want it to be loud either...though my stereo has no problems holding out sound there are certian "intamite" times in which i dont need a constand "Bahhhhhhhh."

As stated above it is a 3.0l Push Rod V6. I'm not real sure what the Compression is, but ill find out asap.

Besides the flowmaster 40 sereis i was thinking a cheap glass pack or turbomuffler. id like one of flowmasters deltaflow mufflers but they are out of my price range. the sound im looking for is low but not loud and deff not like a perfomrance car...its a truck...so it should sound like a truck.
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical