Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 03:41 PM   #1
MANOFSTEEL76
AF Newbie

1998 frontier instrument cluster problems

my 1998 nissan frontiers speedometer gauge and temp gauge stick or dont work at all sometimes by tapping hard on the dash the temp gauge will work but after next start up it stays on bottom reading. ive talked to several other owners of the same truck with same problem....no solution. I tried ordering a new cluster and paper circuit but the nissan dealership can not order, no one stocks it. if any one knows anything about how to fix it or where to order a new cluster please email me at lisaheath2002@aol.com any help would be greatly apprieciated
MANOFSTEEL76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:05 AM   #2
cfig58
AF Newbie

Re: 1998 frontier instrument cluster problems

someone please help me i have a speed sensor sticking on a nissan frontier 1998
cfig58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 12:24 PM   #3
NukEvil
AF Newbie

Hrmm, I'm having a similar problem on my 2001 Nissan Frontier SE, where I'm driving down the road, and suddenly all the gauges on my instrument panel will suddenly quit working. Sometimes the speedometor will go up to full MPH while all the other gauges go down, and the digital odometer will stop working. I don't know what's up with it, I think it may be a loose wire or something...I'll try to take it up to the nissan place after getting through with being brainwashed (i.e., college).
NukEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #4
dekiwacka
AF Newbie

I have a 2000 and it does the same thing, it does it all the time, and several times a day when im driving.
any one have any fixes???
dekiwacka@hotmail.com
dekiwacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #5
fletch0776
AF Newbie

I believe that I know what the problem is. I have a 1999 Frontier that was having the same problem. I took the instrument cluster out and found that there is a ribbon cable at the top of the cluster bewteen the two larger gauges that was not connected all the way. It appeared to be but once I loosened the retaining clip(that holds ribbon cable in place), pulled the ribbon cable out, and re-seated the ribbon cable, I could tell the cable was not completed inserted into the recepticle. After reconnecting the cable and reassembling the dash, I haven't had a problem since. Hope this helps. Also, if you have access to electrical contact cleaner, you may want to hit the receptical and the ribbon cable with it and let it dry for a minute or two before you reassemble the connection.
fletch0776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #6
rpops69
AF Newbie

Smile Re: 1998 frontier instrument cluster problems

I had this same problem years ago on my 98. After pulling the panel, I found a loose ground wire. All fixed.
rpops69 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara