Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 11:30 PM   #16
jimparson
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnbug
What are the instructions that came with your remote, because I have found lots of posts that say to lock doors, insert key 6 times with in 10 sec. lights flash....ect...ect.

my 05 frontier crew cab se power package, doesn't do anything. Tried at least 20 times any ideas.
A salesman in TX showed me how to do this. I used an 03 Murano remote. It worked great, no hazard blinking or outside signs that the sequence was working, but when it came to test it, it worked. I have a problem and wonder if your instructions coved this. The Fob now opens both the Murano and Frontier, how do I disassosiate the Fob from a vehicle (de-program)? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
jimparson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 11:05 PM   #17
scout73
AF Newbie

I think that each time you start the procedure to program in a key fob, it erases all the stored key fobs. Because when I got my new key fob and programed it in, the key fob for the morano that I tryed a couple weeks earlier didn't work any more. You can program in a maximum of 4 different key fobs but I think they all have to be put in at the same time by pressing the lock button on the drivers lock/unlock switch and pressing a button on the key fob that you want to program in after you have already programed in the first. Then you can program in another (up to 4 total) by pressing the lock button again and then pressing a button on the other key fob. I could be wrong on all of this but I will find out when I recieve the next key fob that I am getting from ebay. I'll let you know.
scout73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:08 PM   #18
elyk_43
AF Newbie

Question Re: Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by coveredi
PapaTorrone,

The keyfob I bought off of ebay was listed as for an 02 03 04 Frontier Xterra Pathfinder. The numbers on the back of the remote are: FCC ID: KBRASTU15, Model # ASTU15, CANADA: 2111104208. These numbers are on pretty much all of the remotes I've seen for sale. There's one guy on ebay who lists them with a Buy It Now of $15.99, but there's a handful of them everywhere up to about $30. I just purchased a second one, since the first one worked OK. Right now the same guy has an auction with 2 remotes with a B-I-N of $29.99. He sent the programming instructions with the remote, and it literally took all of 15 seconds to get it programmed. It'll take 20 seconds next time, because I'll have to reprogram the truck to respond to both remotes! ;o)

I definitely know what you mean. I got so used to having the remote keyless for the past three years that it was a shock to have to open with a key, especially when the only door with a lock was the driver's. In my garage, you're always closest to the passenger's door! Plus I'm always worried I'm going to scratch the paint.

Good luck. If you can get ahold of a fob, but no instructions, post back and I'll get you a copy of them.

-Dale
I was wondering if i could get a copy of those programming instructions. i have a remote but no instructions if i could please get them from you or some information about where i could round up some instructions i would greatly appreciate it, thanks for your time.

Kyle
elyk_43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:55 PM   #19
scout73
AF Newbie

http://www.courtesyparts.com/instruct/remote.html is a web site where you can print the directions off. You can also buy a key fob from them for like 77 buck (for the xterra I think but they are all the same) but ebay is a lot cheaper. One thing I would like to add to those instructions is insert the key slow, don't rush or it won't work. It sounds like you don't have much time to insert the key into the ignition 6 times when all they give you is 10 seconds but it is.
scout73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 09:42 AM   #20
coveredi
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyk_43
I was wondering if i could get a copy of those programming instructions. i have a remote but no instructions if i could please get them from you or some information about where i could round up some instructions i would greatly appreciate it, thanks for your time.

Kyle
Look above on the thread.... I listed them exactly as they were printed (Plus I added a few of my own little notes as well)
coveredi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:16 PM   #21
PapaTorrone
AF Newbie

hey everyone,

so i have tried to program a fob from a 2002-2004 frontier and no luck yet. i got really m,d one day after trying countless times so i gave up. now, 3 months later. i am reading all the SUCCESS stories and my faith is restored. gonna try it one more time, wish me luck, crossing my fingers.

Luca
PapaTorrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:14 PM   #22
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

Re: Frontier Keyless Entry

The 02-05 all use the same type of 3 button remote. Some models do not have the lights or horn signals as indicated above, but all program the remotes once you complete the procedure. Nissan says the 05 SE doesn't have keyless entry, but I've programmed a remote easily. It's no surprised that dealerships lie.
Onblsht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #23
PapaTorrone
AF Newbie

I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on the third try last night i finally programmed my key fob. it really pisses me off now how the dealer lies to me and tells me it'll cost thousands of dollars to install keyless on my '05 SE unless i buy the LE ...... might have to go buy and have a talk with some salesmen

Thanks for all the help guys and ???gals???

Torrone
PapaTorrone is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara