Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lotus | Proton > Elise/Elise Tuning
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 05:32 AM   #1
walanneh
AF Newbie

Water pump for Elise

Does anyone know what's the typical flow rate of the water pump which circulates coolant around the engine for different cycles?

Furthermore, does anyone know what is the boiling temp. for the lubricating oil in the engine? And the specific heat capacity for the oil?
Because I'm a studnet currently researching for Lotus Engineering Ltd. and am wondering whether we can heat up the oil first prior to start-up to reduce wear-and-tear. (This is for a hybrid electric vehicle)

Umm.......... if anyone has a good site where I can easily calculate the flow rate of the coolant to respect to the power given to the water pump, that would be great. Or any good sites for the topics I have mentioned for that matter.
walanneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:37 AM   #2
walanneh
AF Newbie

Furthermore, does anyone know what's the optimum level of the RPM of the water pump? I do know that most car companies are looking for a 500W @ 5000 RPM electric water pump for their future HEVs but would it better to have a completely electrically driven water pump or a combination of that and belt-driven using a clutch?

Thanks so much in advance! Hopefully, the people who must have tons of driving experience and with different cars can give me some feedback and insight into this issue.
walanneh is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lotus | Proton > Elise/Elise Tuning