Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 01:34 AM   #31
Frontin'
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Frontin'
Re: Why the governor on the engine?

wait i take that back, every NEWER car has a gov, lol, i know 86 on has govs, cuz my vette had one. but older cars like 60's and older dont. but im sure around the 80's is when they started putting em in, ive never really pay attention to the yrs thou, i just know every car ive owned has one and there a pain in the ass, lol
Frontin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 01:28 AM   #32
lalakerfan
AF Newbie

95 MPH Governor is bologna

Per another site, this governor is **NOT** necessary! It's a bunch of big brother bologna! The tires are rated for well over 100!

I know driving over 95 feels obnoxious, but when you are on a flat road from Phoenix to LA, and you hit 95, it feels like you blew an axle! The damn thing reels back like a bucking bronco! It's annoying! My 99 Frontier never did this! Now my 03 does.

I think Nissan should STOP this practice, or at least allow us to disable it, like the passenger airbag, via sticking the key in a hole on the dash!

Does anybody know what happens at 95 to make this annoying and frightening bolting action? SHAME ON NISSAN!
lalakerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:41 PM   #33
gman10
AF Newbie

this is gman10:

Just reading questions and lo and behold! A governor. So that's probably what happened the other day. Driving in Texas, nothing around, doing around 85 and the engine just kind of dies till speed goes down and then it's fine. I'll be darned. Governor!!!

Thanks,
gman10
gman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:33 PM   #34
militaryman
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontin'
getting rid of the gov is simple but does cost. you can buy something like a superchip which is a well known brand or something. have the chip installed and tell them to reprogram the gov. really its still there but they can set it at like 150 or something. im sure u can do it with the stock ecu too but shit, buy a chip it adds hp and its all around a better way to go

I have a 2002 XE-V6 manual transmission Frontier which governors out at about 108. I definately want to eliminate this if at all possible. I have new Bridgestone Dueler Revo Uni-T speed rated tires on my truck and have no plans on flipping it even if I could hit 130 .
Where can I go and have them reprogram my governor and/or chip?
I'd appreciate a concrete answer from anyone.
thanks
joe
militaryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #35
Avoitus
AF Newbie

Check the site below. Jet Chips makes a new computer for almost any car. If you buy the Computer Upgrade Package, not only will it remove the govenor but will also increase engine performance as well.

http://www.jetchip.com/products.asp?...&model=883#883
Avoitus is offline   Reply With Quote