Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-17-2000, 09:37 PM   #1
nsuguy
AF Newbie

if so, how'd you like it?

----------
nissan's are the bomb
nsuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2000, 09:51 PM   #2
porsche911
AF Newbie

is there any such thing as Supercharged Frontier?
porsche911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2000, 09:56 PM   #3
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
nsuguy,
Stillen.com does the mods for Frontier including the Supercharger, right?
I haven't heard of this, but I would assume so because they supercharge the Xterra.
It would be pretty cool to drive one, but I don't think too many people have an opportunity.
igor@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2000, 02:15 PM   #4
nizmo
AF Newbie

Yeah, its got a 0-60's of about 8's. I love it !! GO TEST DRIVE !! ITS FREE....
nizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2000, 02:18 PM   #5
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
have u test drived it? nizmo?
igor@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2000, 11:47 PM   #6
nizmo
AF Newbie

YEAH, i have. Everyone should i mean its free...
nizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 07:25 PM   #7
nsuguy
AF Newbie

i don't think stillen had anything to do with the SC frontier. but it's pretty cool. anyhow, how did the supercharged truck feel compared to the stock one? much quicker?

----------
nissan's are the bomb
nsuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 05:45 PM   #8
yunaderis
AF Newbie

do you think its faster than the tacoma stock? supercharged? i think the toyota is faster. what are the advantages to the frontier?
Old 03-28-2001, 04:27 PM   #9
LilMax
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LilMax
Quote:
Originally posted by yunaderis
do you think its faster than the tacoma stock? supercharged? i think the toyota is faster. what are the advantages to the frontier?
Okay, first of all, don't think I'm just making this up because I own a Tacoma. No BS here. I can show you the test results if need be.

Four Wheeler Magazine:

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Extended Cab v6 with 5 spd(190 hp and no addon's just stock)
0-60 in 8.9 seconds

2001 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Supercharged v6 5spd ext.cab(note:yes, the SUPERCHARGED)
0-60 in 9.3 seconds(and you will get that same time from other sources as well)

Like I said i have the printouts in my truck if you need me to fax or scan and email them to you.

Now, you also asked about Tacoma supercharged. Do I even have to go there????????? It's a 75 hp SC, which would put the Tacoma at about 265 hp, then if you like add the TRD Headers(+14-16 hp) then the TRD exhaust(+5-10 hp).

So to answer your question, I would put my 2000 Ext. Cab 4x4 v6 5spd up against a SC'd Frontier in a heartbeat.

I do love Nissan car's. I had a 96 Maxima SE before my Tacoma. I just don't see the benefits in a Frontier even if it has the Supercharger. Except for the fact you could probably have on-board refrigerators with all of that tupperware on it!LOL!
LilMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 01:48 AM   #10
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Query...

In the road test were they using crew-cab V6-SC Frontiers against 2-door Tacomas? Just wondering because there is some weight difference... plus, weren't superchargers originally intended for increase in torque, not horsepower? I would never sprint a truck, in fear of roll-over, but if I could haul 2 engine blocks in my bed without strain I would be satisfied.:smoker2:
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 01:49 AM   #11
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Never mind about the part about the cabs. I should read more carefully. GYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 08:21 PM   #12
LilMax
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LilMax
Re: Query...

Quote:
Originally posted by morpheusxiii
In the road test were they using crew-cab V6-SC Frontiers against 2-door Tacomas? Just wondering because there is some weight difference... plus, weren't superchargers originally intended for increase in torque, not horsepower? I would never sprint a truck, in fear of roll-over, but if I could haul 2 engine blocks in my bed without strain I would be satisfied.:smoker2:

No, I would definitely not consider an unfair test such as a 2 door against a 4 door! The test Im talking about was as follows

'99/'00 Toyota Tacoma Xtrab Cab 4x4 V6 5spd.(TRD Off-Road Package but NO SUPERCHARGER or TRD Performance parts)

'00 Nissan Frontier Xtra Cab 4x4 V6 5spd.(Supercharged)

And Superchargers are for increased torque, then that should have given the edge on the Frontier seeing as torque wins races in my book. If you needed to actually haul 2 engine blocks then just get the TRD supercharger and be pushing 265hp with equally impressive torque.
LilMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 06:40 AM   #13
itch
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to itch Send a message via AIM to itch Send a message via Yahoo to itch
don't get me wrong.. i love nissans (until the thing with nissan computers) but the supercharged frontier has 200 horses... that aint much for a truck to begin with... let alone a supercharged truck. now 265 with a sc on the tacoma trd, that's alright, but you could still do better with tuning

well anyway, peace
ugly
itch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 09:20 AM   #14
RickDaTuner
AF Enthusiast

I love my frontier truck its not realy all that fast my civic can easily put it to shame but its a good all around truck as for mods

V6 turbo conversion will get me the power I want think about it a 800hp frontier mmmmmmm i can wait for the day that becoms a reality
when you get a factory block ready for boost naything is posible I'm thinking 25 psi Twin turbos
CARAMELO CREW
RickDaTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:47 PM   #15
yunaderis
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by LilMax

Okay, first of all, don't think I'm just making this up because I own a Tacoma. No BS here. I can show you the test results if need be.

Four Wheeler Magazine:

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Extended Cab v6 with 5 spd(190 hp and no addon's just stock)
0-60 in 8.9 seconds

2001 Nissan Frontier 4x4 Supercharged v6 5spd ext.cab(note:yes, the SUPERCHARGED)
0-60 in 9.3 seconds(and you will get that same time from other sources as well)

Like I said i have the printouts in my truck if you need me to fax or scan and email them to you.

Now, you also asked about Tacoma supercharged. Do I even have to go there????????? It's a 75 hp SC, which would put the Tacoma at about 265 hp, then if you like add the TRD Headers(+14-16 hp) then the TRD exhaust(+5-10 hp).

So to answer your question, I would put my 2000 Ext. Cab 4x4 v6 5spd up against a SC'd Frontier in a heartbeat.

I do love Nissan car's. I had a 96 Maxima SE before my Tacoma. I just don't see the benefits in a Frontier even if it has the Supercharger. Except for the fact you could probably have on-board refrigerators with all of that tupperware on it!LOL!

hehehe...your preaching to the choir....LOL

I have a 2000 tacoma..supercharged... in its stock form its about 190hp to the wheels..with fuel mods..you are looking at about 230 or so....

you have any fuel mods?
yunaderis is offline   Reply With Quote