Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: What we drive in Europe. Wich one would you pick?
Citroen Xsara 3 8.57%
Ford Focus 3 8.57%
Opel Astra 3 8.57%
Peugeot 307 9 25.71%
Renault Mégane 3 8.57%
Seat Leon 2 5.71%
VW Golf 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2002, 12:10 AM   #91
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic
 
gang$tarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 5,677
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think Primera man said that the mayor of auckland or somthin has put cameras on certain streets. If you're going more than like 5km/h (i think it's 5) over the speed limit, you get a ticket sent home. I heard that the police are making HUGE amounts of money on it doing nothing but sittin on their asses eating donuts.

I think they have some in England too but not sure
__________________
R.I.P. Lamont Coleman a.k.a. Big L -- 1975-1999
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline  
Old 07-09-2002, 12:25 AM   #92
LadyBuickGS
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Moss1O6GTi


But for every satisfied owner (ie. You) there are a lot of disatisfied owners of Holden Commodore/Statesman/Caprice V6's that would beg to differ, the Gen III V8 though is another example of how good pushrods CAN be with a little thought

I've worked at GM dealerships for the past 5 years and I don't recall hearing complaints about the 3800. It's a well respected engine over here in the States.:ylsuper
__________________

This Ain't Your Grandaddy's Buick!!
It's GS Supercharged Power! Woo Hoo!
LadyBuickGS is offline  
Old 07-09-2002, 12:45 AM   #93
Ssom
AF Fanatic
 
Ssom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Auckland
Posts: 4,232
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
Well there are two forms of Camera, one is a camera which is place high in a box which is on a pole, while the other one sits in the back of a Camry Station wagon and waits at the side of teh road (Which is the mobile version) hidden camera's were banned a while ago though


And LadyBuick: Here the 3.8 V6 is a V8-Underdog used only by Company Car fleets, Taxi drivers, cops and Rental Car agencies :finger:

Perhaps it is something the Aussies are doing to the engine
Ssom is offline  
Old 07-09-2002, 08:43 AM   #94
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast
 
Pennzoil GT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sometown
Posts: 890
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
I think Primera man said that the mayor of auckland or somthin has put cameras on certain streets. If you're going more than like 5km/h (i think it's 5) over the speed limit, you get a ticket sent home. I heard that the police are making HUGE amounts of money on it doing nothing but sittin on their asses eating donuts.

I think they have some in England too but not sure
England is swarmin with the damn things. there is at least 1 or 2 on every road that has a half decent volume of traffic. we now have them that time the distance it takes between 2 cameras and if u arrive at the second camera under the time limit you also get a ticket. a 3rd type is the one that has sensors in the road to detect speed, makin them totally invisible. the government has planned to increase the number of them by a factor of 7 in the next couple of years, so as u can imagine england is a pretty shitty place 2 drive/live right now.

one good thing is the cameras cant detect cars going over 170 mph, so i guess ill have to drive at that speed from now on!
__________________
Pennzoil GT-R is offline  
Old 07-09-2002, 02:45 PM   #95
LadyBuickGS
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Moss1O6GTi
And LadyBuick: Here the 3.8 V6 is a V8-Underdog used only by Company Car fleets, Taxi drivers, cops and Rental Car agencies :finger:

Perhaps it is something the Aussies are doing to the engine
Maybe it is the Aussies doing something to the engine... Who knows??


I highly doubt that the car fleets, taxis, cops, & rental car agencies have ever used the 3.8 v-6 w/ the supercharged engine. It's much faster.
Back at ya!
__________________

This Ain't Your Grandaddy's Buick!!
It's GS Supercharged Power! Woo Hoo!
LadyBuickGS is offline  
Old 07-09-2002, 05:53 PM   #96
Ssom
AF Fanatic
 
Ssom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Auckland
Posts: 4,232
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyBuickGS


Maybe it is the Aussies doing something to the engine... Who knows??


I highly doubt that the car fleets, taxis, cops, & rental car agencies have ever used the 3.8 v-6 w/ the supercharged engine. It's much faster.
Back at ya!

actually cops use the Commodore S with the supercharged engine and you can lease them as well
Ssom is offline  
Old 07-09-2002, 10:33 PM   #97
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic
 
gang$tarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 5,677
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R


England is swarmin with the damn things. there is at least 1 or 2 on every road that has a half decent volume of traffic. we now have them that time the distance it takes between 2 cameras and if u arrive at the second camera under the time limit you also get a ticket. a 3rd type is the one that has sensors in the road to detect speed, makin them totally invisible. the government has planned to increase the number of them by a factor of 7 in the next couple of years, so as u can imagine england is a pretty shitty place 2 drive/live right now.

one good thing is the cameras cant detect cars going over 170 mph, so i guess ill have to drive at that speed from now on!
That's insane!
They're controlling your lives as drivers, hasnt somebody tried to argue this?
People shouldnt be told what to do!

Hope it gets better
__________________
R.I.P. Lamont Coleman a.k.a. Big L -- 1975-1999
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline  
Old 07-09-2002, 11:26 PM   #98
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
Quote:
the government has planned to increase the number of them by a factor of 7 in the next couple of years, so as u can imagine england is a pretty shitty place 2 drive/live right now.
Thats crazy. How could u Brits let your government do that? Speed detection should be low on the list of "STUFF TO DO WITH YOUR TAX MONEY". That would never happen in the USA.
__________________
Isitcontagious.com
'92 S13 coupe
KYB adjustable struts + Whiteline springs
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Fliquer is offline  
Old 07-10-2002, 04:25 AM   #99
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast
 
Pennzoil GT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sometown
Posts: 890
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fliquer


Thats crazy. How could u Brits let your government do that? Speed detection should be low on the list of "STUFF TO DO WITH YOUR TAX MONEY". That would never happen in the USA.
we havent got a choice. people do speak out, some people even rip them down or ram them, but the government wont listen. problem is is they make so much damn money of them. they got reelected cos there is no real other alternative government at the moment, so they keep on with the same money making scheme whilst disguising it as "road safety".
__________________
Pennzoil GT-R is offline  
Old 07-10-2002, 08:52 PM   #100
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
Wow, you are getting screwed royally.
__________________
Isitcontagious.com
'92 S13 coupe
KYB adjustable struts + Whiteline springs
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Fliquer is offline  
Old 07-10-2002, 08:58 PM   #101
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic
 
gang$tarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 5,677
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Pennzoil GT-R


we havent got a choice. people do speak out, some people even rip them down or ram them, but the government wont listen. problem is is they make so much damn money of them. they got reelected cos there is no real other alternative government at the moment, so they keep on with the same money making scheme whilst disguising it as "road safety".
I'm pretty sure those go against your human rights and they are invasion of privacy.
Thats why we had them on some highways for a couple monthes and they were gone, because people said that as a human you have the right to make decisions for yourself and no other human should be able to control that.

I think alot of people took the government to court for that (invasion of privacy, etc.)

I feel for you... fight the power!
__________________
R.I.P. Lamont Coleman a.k.a. Big L -- 1975-1999
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline  
Old 07-11-2002, 03:31 AM   #102
Ssom
AF Fanatic
 
Ssom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Auckland
Posts: 4,232
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr


I'm pretty sure those go against your human rights and they are invasion of privacy.
Thats why we had them on some highways for a couple monthes and they were gone, because people said that as a human you have the right to make decisions for yourself and no other human should be able to control that.

I think alot of people took the government to court for that (invasion of privacy, etc.)

I feel for you... fight the power!
Sorry, but there is no fighting the stubborn governments of NZ, but I kind of feel better that the cameras won't snap you unless you are exceeding the limit by 10 km/h and in Aucklands traffic congested main roads you will never get past 50 in your life, that siad, they are still worthless crap that are ripping off the NZ taxpayer and the government is clearly putting fuck-all back into the roads because they still are awful Although a lot of speed cameras lenses get spray-painted over by vandals


The lesson for NZer's is- NEVER VOTE LEFT WING!!!!!!!!
Ssom is offline  
Old 07-11-2002, 08:36 PM   #103
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast
 
Pennzoil GT-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Sometown
Posts: 890
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nah, they arent against our human rights. thats the problem with our government, our prime minister (president) is too busy lickin george bush's arse to do anythin that the people want, and the rest of the government make the laws to suit themselves, and if they dont get the money from you one way they will get it another. the cameras are just an easy way to make lots of money, so they cover themselves with laws to make sure noone dares take them on. the cameras are always hidden behind trees etc. and there are enough road accidents for the government to justify them.

they even put them on motorways now, which just makes people slam their brakes on at 70mph plus to avoid getting caught by them, causing more accidents
__________________
Pennzoil GT-R is offline  
Old 07-11-2002, 09:57 PM   #104
Chris
Oldie
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 2,807
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
No speed cameras in Canada
That makes me happy.

However, you CAN make your license plate invisible. You can buy a clear plastic plate from a Canadian company, and it makes the plate unreadable by cameras but fine for people. If anyone is serious, I can find the number\website.
__________________
You can live in a car, but you can't drive a house!!
MSN: carnut16@hotmail.com
Chris is offline  
Old 07-11-2002, 10:12 PM   #105
Ssom
AF Fanatic
 
Ssom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Auckland
Posts: 4,232
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
No speed cameras in Canada
That makes me happy.

However, you CAN make your license plate invisible. You can buy a clear plastic plate from a Canadian company, and it makes the plate unreadable by cameras but fine for people. If anyone is serious, I can find the number\website.
Yup I am getting one of those soon, I found an add in a ca magazine, no more cameras for me Actually if I drive past a Camry with a camera, the gy in the drivers seat can still get my number
Ssom is offline  
 
Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD


Bookmarks
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts