Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
webbie554
AF Newbie

2005 frontier SES and/or shutter problem

just wondering if anyone could help me with a problem ive been dealing with for about a year now.

my SES light has been on for as long as i can remember, and after $3000 in repairs that probably didnt help, im getting kind of angry.

my code is p1273, air fuel sensor 1 heater bank 1.

ive replaced the catalytic converter, and countless 02 sensors. is there anything else this could be? how do i know which 02 sensor i need to fix? i had all of my work done by mechanic, so im not entirely sure if they fixed one, or both of the sensors on the catalytic converter, im almost 100% certain they fixed both, but with the luck ive been having, who knows.

any help is greatly appreciated.

ALSO: my truck seems to shutter when im driving, my friends say its my torque converter. everytime i shut my overdrive off, it stops shuttering, and doesnt shutter as long as my OD is off. any suggestions there as well?
webbie554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
speediva
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to speediva Send a message via Yahoo to speediva
Re: 2005 frontier SES and/or shutter problem

Back to the top with this information from the OP:

Quote:
need solutions to SES light code.
p1273.

Air fuel sensor 1, heater bank 1.

not good with automobiles, ive already replaced the catalytic converter on passenger side (bank1) and the o2 sensors to go with it. just got a new gas cap and that isnt it.

gonna check for exhaust leak once i find a helping hand .

any other suggestions?
And as per our AF Chat conversation:

Quote:
SES code is p1273 "air fuel sensor 1 heater bank 1"
ive replaced the catalytic converter on that side, and the o2 sensors
6:39 PM
Have you tried searching our Frontier forum to see if that code has a thread about it?
6:39 PM
replaced gas cap, still have to check for exhaust leak, any other ideas?
using the search engine on the right hand side, the only one that comes up is mine
6:42 PM
The problem that's coming up is because you keep starting new threads, they aren't getting registered as "new" posts

and Webbie: Is the Frontier running? You might want to try the dealership or even find a nissan-specialized shop nearby. I haven't lived in SW PA for 3 years so I don't know what shops are there anymore
and the shuddering might just be unbalanced wheels - when was the last time they were rotated and balanced?
6:46 PM
the frontier is running, very good to be honest. ive had 2 shops tell me that they cant find anything wrong with the truck. the wheels on the other hand, are ready to be replaced, looking to buy new ones this week actually, ill see if that helps my problem
6:47 PM
Post back to your shuddering thread and let us know if that helps.
I'm going to transfer the details of our conversation back into the SES code thread you started, so hopefully that will get it to put up a "new" flag for you!
6:48 PM
thanks, i appreciate it.
Can anyone else offer any suggestions or advice about the SES code????

2005 Subaru Forester 2.5X
1997 Honda Civic EX Coupe

Inform yourself:
AF User Guidelines
speediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
webbie554
AF Newbie

for the SES problem i did a quick exhaust leak check, thought i had one, when i took it to the shop they said it was my exhaust gasket before my cat and a clamp towards the rear, got that fixed monday, reset the light tuesday, thought it was all well, didnt see the SES light for a few days..

until today (friday)! scratch that idea.

im really running out of possible solutions. id really hate to have to get rid of this beautiful truck.
webbie554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:50 PM   #4
tempfixit
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbie554 View Post
for the SES problem i did a quick exhaust leak check, thought i had one, when i took it to the shop they said it was my exhaust gasket before my cat and a clamp towards the rear, got that fixed monday, reset the light tuesday, thought it was all well, didnt see the SES light for a few days..

until today (friday)! scratch that idea.

im really running out of possible solutions. id really hate to have to get rid of this beautiful truck.
need to check for a broken wire on the harness side of 02 sensor before the catalytic converter on the right side of engine (passenger side or closest to firewall on front wheel drive vehicle.)

Check out this link, could be your answer:

http://www.justanswer.com/nissan/1wv...ean-shift.html
tempfixit is offline   Reply With Quote