Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sequoia
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
morrisr3nd
AF Newbie

Smile Programming 2004 Sequoia Keyless Remote.

Hey there everyone. I recently bought a remote that matched my current remote with FCD ID: HYQ12BBX and used the programming info that they gave me with the USED remote. Gues what IT WORKED!!!!! Wow!! What a noble idea. Here are the instructions as I received them. You must have a working MASTER key for this to work properly. Hope that this helps someone out there. The instructions that I received said that it works with a 2005 but it definately worked with my 2004.

PS: I do have the 2004 Sequoia Limited.

Programming 2004 Sequoia Keyless Remote FOB
1) Start with MASTER key out of ignition, driver’s door is open all others closed and driver’s door is unlocked.
2) Insert MASER key into the ignition (Do NOT Turn) and Pull key out.
3) Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
a) Using the power lock switch on the driver’s door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second (1 Cycle=1 lock and 1 unlock).
b) Close then open driver’s door.
4) Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
a) Using the power lock switch on the driver’s door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second (1 Cycle=1 lock and 1 unlock).
b) Insert the key I the ignition cylinder.
c) Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF.
d) Remove the key from the ignition.
5) Within 3 seconds the power door locks should cycle automatically indication successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
6) Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
a) Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1 second.
b) Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle once indicating successful programming. If the door locks do not cycle, or cycle twice, repeat steps a) and b) instep 6 as your remote has not been accepted.
c) Repeat steps a) and b) in step 6 for each NEW remote. Your original will still work. It will not have to be reprogrammed.
d) Close driver’s door.
morrisr3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:14 AM   #2
Onblsht
Authorized Vendor

Re: Programming 2004 Sequoia Keyless Remote.

These instructions will work for 2001-2006 Sequoias:

1. unlock all of the doors in the car, open the driver's side door, and make sure the key is not in the ignition

2. put the key into the ignition and then pull it out without turning it or anything

3. within 40 seconds, lock and then unlock the doors five times using the power lock button on the driver's side door.

4. close the door and then open it again

5. within 40 seconds lock and then unlock the doors five times again using the power lock button.

6. Put the key into the ignition and turn it to the on position (not acc and not far enough to actually start the engine) and then back to the off position, then back to on and back to off.

7. Pull the key out of the ignition

8. If you are successful, after about 5 seconds, the doors should power lock and then unlock on their own. If that doesn't happen then try again from step 1.

9. within 40 seconds, hold down the lock and unlock button simultaneously on the remote for a second. Then release and hold down the lock button for 3 seconds. The power locks should cycle again once on their own. If they don't cycle exactly once, repeat this step from the beginning with the remote again.

10. Repeat step 9 for every remote you want to program. You have to do this with any remotes that were previously programmed because this process essentially resets what remotes the car will respond to.

11. Close the driver's side door to signify that you are done programming the remotes.

Direct Link - http://originalkeyless.com/2004-Toyo...?categoryId=-1

Last edited by Onblsht; 10-11-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Onblsht is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Onblsht For This Useful Post:
kereynolds (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 01:12 PM   #3
kereynolds
AF Newbie

Re: Programming 2004 Sequoia Keyless Remote.

[quote=Onblsht;6418556]These instructions will work for 2001-2006 Sequoias:

1. unlock all of the doors in the car, open the driver's side door, and make sure the key is not in the ignition

2. put the key into the ignition and then pull it out without turning it or anything

3. within 40 seconds, lock and then unlock the doors five times using the power lock button on the driver's side door.

4. close the door and then open it again

5. within 40 seconds lock and then unlock the doors five times again using the power lock button.

6. Put the key into the ignition and turn it to the on position (not acc and not far enough to actually start the engine) and then back to the off position, then back to on and back to off.

7. Pull the key out of the ignition

8. If you are successful, after about 5 seconds, the doors should power lock and then unlock on their own. If that doesn't happen then try again from step 1.

9. within 40 seconds, hold down the lock and unlock button simultaneously on the remote for a second. Then release and hold down the lock button for 3 seconds. The power locks should cycle again once on their own. If they don't cycle exactly once, repeat this step from the beginning with the remote again.

10. Repeat step 9 for every remote you want to program. You have to do this with any remotes that were previously programmed because this process essentially resets what remotes the car will respond to.

11. Close the driver's side door to signify that you are done programming the remotes.

I tried a number of instructions that I found on-line to program my 2004 Toyota Sequoia Remote Fob. However, these instructions were the ones that actually worked. Thank you.
kereynolds is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sequoia