Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
johnzenobia4
AF Newbie

2003 frontier air bag light flashing

I installed my alpine stereo and when I took the dash apart I unhooked the passenger air bag disable switch and now the light is flashing. The dealer wont reset the light under warranty and wants to charge me. There has to be a way to do this without the dealer. Any have any ideas other than the door switch thing.
johnzenobia4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 04:39 PM   #2
blackknight03
AF Newbie

I had that same problem.. unfortunately taking it to the dealer is the only way. it's because when you take the center stack off you disconnect the airbag switch and it triggers the airbag light if you flick the ignition switch while it's disconnected. this happened to me when I installed my sub and xm radio. the door switch thing doesn't work on the newer models, I tried! I had to take it to the dealer but I talked them into reseting it for 35 instead of the usual 70 to hook it to diagnostics

Later,
blackknight03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:11 AM   #3
Vinhtvu2
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 frontier air bag light flashing

I have a '00, will the "door switch" thing work on my truck? what's the "door switch" thing? how to do? I want to test it... my girlfriend complains all the time about the "safety issue" in my truck...
Vinhtvu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:49 PM   #4
sharonmg
AF Newbie

turn the ignition then off when the light comes on. do this 5 times. that will reset it. I did it to my 2004 xe
sharonmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
nissanwoman
AF Newbie

I have a 2005 Nissan Frontier and the airbag light came on and blinked after I changed the battery. I went to the dealer and they said the had to run an airbag diagnostic, which would cost $105. Yeah right!

After searching the web for solutions I tried the door switch method mentioned in this forum, but it did not work

Smile...I found a different solution. Put the key in the ignition and turn until dash lights are on, but do not start the truck. Immdiately turn the key to off and repeat four more times. Do not remove the key in between. After the fifth time remove the key. Done! Sooooo simple.

Now start the truck normally and the airbag light problem is solved .

How can the service managers at Nissan dealerships sleep at night. $105 dollars for a 30 second fix! Heck that comes out to over $15,000 an hour. Dealers should be ashamed of themselves.
nissanwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara