Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Hot and Not Express your opinion about this site here. Any comments, good or bad, are welcome.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
goheelsbaby
AF Newbie

every good thing has cons

I have used this site a little while now and have found out the old saying "there are no stupid questions" does not apply here. I have posted several questions i thought any mechanic or car minded person would know and gotten nothing.If you post technical questions with alot of info the everyday person would not know and, Hey there ya go, answers. Isnt the point of sites like this to help out us "newbies" or is it just not worth the 30 seconds it would take to answer a "stupid question". Now that ive got that off my chest, other than that this site is pretty awesome and i will continue to use it often thanks
goheelsbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
oldblu65
AF Fanatic

Re: every good thing has cons

The old saying " Every dark cloud has a silver lining " may apply here . True , some won't take their time to answer what they consider a " stupid question " . But as you said , there are no stupid questions ! If a person has little or no automotive experience , their questions may come off as vague or " stupid " to the more experienced person . But that experienced person forgets , that at one time , they were that inexperienced person asking those " stupid " questions . They feel so " full of themselves " now that they forget where they came from or who tutored them ? I guess I'm hoping you don't judge us all by those few . I'm no expert on anything but will gladly help you if I can. The majority of AF members would fit that description as well . Good luck !
oldblu65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #3
goheelsbaby
AF Newbie

oldblu, you are correct i was just venting and i do get alot of answer out those willing to share thier knowledge and i am grateful for that. I love this site and use it often. So no, i do not put blame on all of the people here just the knowitalls that dont have time to answer "stupid questions" but eh life goes on and there are plenty of people like you to gain this knowledge from. Thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #4
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

I am glad you find this site helpful; that is why we are here.

I do not want to seem mean or nasty, but imho your venting is pretty groundless.

I looked at your last 20 posts, which cover the past 2 months or so here.

You received answers about 90% of the time. That is a very good rate of response, and certainly nothing to complain about.

Also, you are only asking questions, but not answering any of them.

Normally, that's just fine, but, if you are going to complain that some of your questions are not being answered, how about if you make the effort to find and answer someone else's simple questions?

You get out of this site what you put in. Since you already have some car-related experience, I am sure there are some basic questions generated by others that you could answer.....

Just my
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
goheelsbaby
AF Newbie

magicrat, you are correct and i was just not having a good day at all and posted quicker than i was thinking. I do get answers most of the time and your right i should answer some more questions. I have answered the couple ive seen that i could answer. This site rocks and i should have thought it out a little before ranting. I will try and be a little more patient next time....not one of my best qualities. Thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

MagicRat said pretty much what I wanted to say yesterday right after you first started this thread. I did a quick check of your posting history and out of the 21 threads you started , 4 of them show no replies. That's close to 80% response rate,and 2 of the threads were in the Explorer forum,one in the Rodeo/Passport, and the other in the Pathfinder forum. What may help if you don't get a response after awhile is to make another plea in a post to move the thread towards the top of the queue. Sometimes, depending on the specific activity of that forum, it may disappear off the main page and not be seen because newer threads are above it. I tell many new members to be patient as a lot of the knowledgeable members aren't here on a regular basis, so sometimes getting a response may take a few days. But yours date back a couple months, so making another plea in that thread may do the trick. Overall though 80% is a good rate, and hopefully in the future that can go to 100% response rate.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not