Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 05:53 PM   #1
Paulbear32
AF Newbie

2001 Nissan Frontier Keyless Entry Programming

Hi there

Can anyone help me, I bought a 2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab and also got the 1 Keyless entry for it.....
It needs to be reprogrammed and the dealer wants to charge me an arm and a leg for it, does anyone know how to reprogram this thing....
Any help would be much appreciated...
Paul
Paulbear32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:48 PM   #2
panamacitydude
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to panamacitydude Send a message via Yahoo to panamacitydude
Re: 2001 Nissan Frontier Keyless Entry Programming

why would you reprogramm it? I bought 2001 crew cab and my keyless entry works just fine w/o reprogramming....
panamacitydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 12:40 PM   #3
ikayak
AF Newbie

Crew Cab 2000

On our 97 Pathfinder when the battery died, I just threw in 2 new ones and the keyless entry worked. This morning on my 2000 Crew Cab, I put in a new battery and it didn't. Called local dealer and they want $39.95 to reprogram it cause they claim it is not self service.
ikayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:58 PM   #4
frontier driver
AF Newbie

i also had a problem reprogramming and the dealer was of no help, sit in the car and lock doors from door switch, insert ign key fully to ign and remove at least three times and flashers will blink , put key in and turn to accessory only, press lock on remote, open locks with door switch and then press unlock on remote, i think this should do it. i had an extra remote from another nissan and used it to replace the wifes broken one. only drawback is that it now works for both our nissans, one touch locking!
frontier driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:56 AM   #5
spotco2
Banned

Here is a link to the programming procedure

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2479226209
spotco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 08:27 PM   #6
boilinghott
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to boilinghott

there should be a programming procedure in your manual.
boilinghott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:30 AM   #7
tig12176
AF Newbie

Thumbs up

I know people are always wanting to know how to program additional remotes for the keyless entry/alarm so what follows is the procedure from the Nissan Service Manual. Enjoy.

For 1998-2000 Maxima, Pathfinder, Sentra, Altima, and Frontier Vehicles 2000 Quest and Xterra Vehicles ( I have also used these same instructions on a 2001 Frontier) :

1. Programming Procedure:

A. Get in the vehicle. Close and lock all doors using the driver's power door lock-unlock switch.

B. Insert and remove the ignition key more than 6 times within a 10 second period (at a rate of one insertion/removal cycle per second). The key should be withdrawn from the ignition key cylinder completely each time it is removed.

NOTE : Do not rush the insertion/removal key cycling process.

C. Turn the ignition key to the "ACC" position. The ignition key should remain in the "ACC" position throughout the remainder of the programming, including programming of additional remote controllers.

D. Press any button on the remote controller one time.

NOTE : Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

The hazard warning lights will flash twice when this step is accurately completed and programming is successful. For 2000 Quest vehicles, the side marker/tail/license lamps will flash twice when programming is successful.

E. If you are programming only one remote, proceed to step 3A. If programming additional remotes, continue with step 2A, below.

2. Programming Additional Remote Controllers (Maximum of 4 Remotes):

A. Remain inside the vehicle after programming the first remote.

B. Use the driver's power door lock-unlock switch to unlock and then lock the doors.

C. Press any button on one of the additional remote controllers one time.

NOTE : Do not press the button more than one time in the above step. If the button is pressed more than one time, the programming procedure will not be successful.

The hazard warning lights will flash twice when programming is successful. For 2000 Quest vehicles, the side marker/tail/license lamps will flash twice when programming is successful.

If there is more than one additional remote to be programmed, repeat steps 2A through 2C above for each additional remote.

3. End Programming:

A. Remove the key from the ignition.

B. Use the door lock-unlock switch on the driver's door to unlock the doors. Open the driver's door to complete the programming

C. Check the operation of each of the remote controllers by locking/unlocking the doors with each remote controller you have programmed.
tig12176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 11:42 AM   #8
sdmmclean
AF Newbie

I purchased a 2001 xterra, but the remotes do not work. I have prorammed them many times, but when I get to the "push button on remote " step, the hazard lights do not flash. I do not have a owners manuel and I do not see a fuse that might be blown. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
sdmmclean is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara