Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 06:52 PM   #1
knorsk
AF Enthusiast

why the swap?

So at one time I was looking into an H22...then I looked a little more and found an affordable one...still expensive...like 2800 just for the ecu(pr3?), tranny, and block of a 1996. Then you would need axles/half shafts reinforced motor mounts and all the works. And do you know which H22 it was!? A 160hp one! I know they have better H22's...but they cost as much as a used car. So you take a honda accord from 145 to 160 and that is worth 3000 for parts?...not to mention labor if you aren't a guru.

I think I was looking at the 1993-1996 motors...not positive

Prelude Si 160bhp (not good for the money)

Prelude Vtec 190bhp (would be real nice if it didn't cost so much)

And the Prelude S coupe 135bhp (bet someone has been scammed into that...that would suck...your car would be 10bhp weaker and have a lot less torque.)

anyone ever find any good priced type SH or Vtec prelude motors? Cause I keep finding really expensive ones and it seems like it would be better to go FI and just buy new f22's for 600 dollars everytime you blew it up! You wouldn't even have to worry about extra parts like ECU's and axles...just get the a f22 and throw the turbo back on it!

You can find me at ImportRuiner.com
knorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 11:50 PM   #2
TizziteyO
AF Newbie

Re: why the swap?

www.importautosalvage.com ... they have the best motors. I have seen tons of h22a's with 200hp for less than 2800 and they bolt into accord come with axles, complete motor, ecu all that shit. www.importautosalvage.com is a bit more expensive but there is no risk of quality. Goodluck
TizziteyO is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical