Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #1
triplerox
AF Regular

Roadster Comparison

I just thought it would be interesting to hear what you guys have to say about these roadsters. I'm looking for a good blend of comfort and performance. And also room for modifications. I need some opinions!

Honda S2000
BMW M
Nissan 350Z (although this really isn't your typical roadster, i thought they look pretty nice. If i do get one though, i'll probably get a coupe instead)

I know the prices are different but if bmw m is really worth saving up for i'm defitenily going to do it!
triplerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:06 PM   #2
PlayStation3
AF Enthusiast

Re: Roadster Comparison

if you want mod i say the 350z or the s2000 between the two i think the s2000 probelly has a better track time if that is what you are into but the z might be funnier overall to drive.

overall all 3 i would get the bmw but you give to much info for which bmw m you want and if you wanted used or new
PlayStation3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:21 PM   #3
triplerox
AF Regular

If i buy any of those cars it will probably be used. I'm pretty sure there is only one model for bmw m that is convertible. I'm not talking about the z-series either.
triplerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:51 AM   #4
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

I think there is some confusion here. Triplerox- I think you are talking about the M Roadster (MZ3/MZ4). Nobody refers to the M Roadster or the M Coupe as just "BMW M" even though thats all the badge says. PS3 thinks you are talking about the M division in general, and there are 2 convertables made by M right now, the M Roadster and the M3 Cabrio. I hope that clears things up.

I wouldn't get a 350z Roadster if I were you. The drop top 350z just doesn't look right. The coupe is a good car, but you'll lose alot of stiffness without a roof.

The S2000 is a great car, but the new M Roadster is in a different league. The M Roadster is up with cars like the Porsche Boxster S. If you can get a Z4 M Roadster, I'd go for it, but the S2000 is a good car too. I'd also look into used Boxsters.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:06 AM   #5
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

I'd have to go with the S2000. The 350Z roadster is ugly and I question how well it handles with a roof, and the BMW costs too much for you get. The S2000 will have the best lap time of the three, and I bet you can get it the cheapest. It's been out for seven years now, and a lot of people trade them in when they realize that they suddenly need more space for a family, or are sick of the hyper-revving motor.

My '05 Impreza 2.5 RS.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #6
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

Between them all I would go with the MZ3, even over the Mz4. I was always in love with that car. S2000 never has been appealing to me and the 350Z roadster dosn't look right (although I do like the hard top).
BlackGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:16 AM   #7
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman10587
I'd have to go with the S2000. The 350Z roadster is ugly and I question how well it handles with a roof, and the BMW costs too much for you get. The S2000 will have the best lap time of the three, and I bet you can get it the cheapest. It's been out for seven years now, and a lot of people trade them in when they realize that they suddenly need more space for a family, or are sick of the hyper-revving motor.
S2000 getting better lap times then the M Roadster? Where?

Top Gear Track Times-
BMW Z4 M Roadster- 1:26.0
BMW Z4 3.0i- 1:37.3
Honda S2000- 1:37.4

Granted, the 3.0i and the S2k were in the wet, but that doesn't account for 11+ seconds on that small of a track. The pre-facelift Z4 was faster then the S2k in identical conditions, so I highly doubt it could beat a M Z4 similar conditions.

Regarding the M Z3, it is a good looking car with a more interesting interior then the Z4, but it won't handle nearly as well.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:54 AM   #8
VAD0R
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to VAD0R Send a message via AIM to VAD0R

Whats wrong with the Mazda MX-5? As far as I can tell it got tops for luxury as well as handling and its price for even its top trim is much lower than the afformentioned.

Or if you want something with more kick that doesn't equally kick cash out of your bank acount can consider the Solstice GXP. Which may actually come to fruition since it is listed Pontiac's website for a starting price of $25k. Either that or one can always but a standard Solstice, get the parts from a GM catalog and have it dealer installed while still maintaining the warranty for probably not much extra.

Sure the two I mentioned above might not hold as much prestige as the BMW or even Honda but does a roadster have to?

Think outside the box

For the gif's source and more information on the boxer as well as other engines visit here
VAD0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:43 AM   #9
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

feh!
if what you want is a pure driving machine (tm) then there is only one car that you need to get and it's name begins with an E and rhymes with er.... cerise?

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons