Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #16
adgjqetuo
AF Newbie

Re: How Many Miles on Your Malibu?

98 Malibu Base, 75,000 miles.

Replaced 1 blinker bulb, 1 brake light bulb, Blower Resistor, and the brake caliber had to be rebuilt.

So far nothing major ::Keeps fingers crossed::

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoSE, I6, np242
adgjqetuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #17
johnschmitt
AF Newbie

99 LS with 136,000 bought it in 02 with 38,000

So far I've replaced: one lug stud and one lug nut (thanks goodyear), front bearings, left cv shaft, right front quarter panel (long story), factory stereo, blower motor and resistor, parking brake idiot light switch (about to do it again), intake gaskets, water pump, alternator, battery, some light bulbs, horn (full of water), splash shield that protects the horn, a couple fuses, front brakes several times, iat sensor, wiring to iat sensor, radiator cap, tie rod ends, materials associated with 30 or so oil changes, drive belt, a few sets of tires, pcv valve, and spark plugs.

Honestly after owning a 92 topaz I think I got off easy.
johnschmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:05 PM   #18
smurda
AF Newbie

2000 malibu with 157000 miles. just replaced front brakes, rotors and front left caliper today....
smurda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 10:17 AM   #19
chasM
AF Newbie

2001 Malibu with 60k. I'm the original owner.

Blower motor resistor

Front brakes at 13k- Used non ceraminic pads and non bimetal rotors- still going strong!!!

Rear wheel cylinders at 40k miles leaked.
chasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #20
amphere
AF Newbie

I have an '05 Maxx with 195,000. The only thing I have replaced is the passenger side wheel bearing. The passenger side one is starting to get noisy now. It still runs great although it has a few quarks. I had trouble getting the rear hatch to open but I took the relay apart and cleaned then greased the locking mechanism and haven't had any trouble since. The front turn signal sockets seem to get hot and start to melt the plastic by the contacts on the bulbs. Recently the power steering doesn't work when the car first starts up. Sometimes the transmission slips a little when up-shifting and sometimes you have to give it some gas when starting it. It still runs quietly, has a decent ride and gets gas mileage in the low to mid 20's depending on driving conditions.
amphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #21
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphere View Post
I have an '05 Maxx with 195,000. The only thing I have replaced is the passenger side wheel bearing. The passenger side one is starting to get noisy now. It still runs great although it has a few quarks. I had trouble getting the rear hatch to open but I took the relay apart and cleaned then greased the locking mechanism and haven't had any trouble since. The front turn signal sockets seem to get hot and start to melt the plastic by the contacts on the bulbs. Recently the power steering doesn't work when the car first starts up. Sometimes the transmission slips a little when up-shifting and sometimes you have to give it some gas when starting it. It still runs quietly, has a decent ride and gets gas mileage in the low to mid 20's depending on driving conditions.
Outstanding! We're so pleased to hear that your vehicle has served you well! Many more happy miles,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:45 PM   #22
la1
AF Regular

amphere for your trans, get a bottle of Lucas trans slip, IT IS 24 OZ. You will need to remove 24 oz of your trans fluid. Kind of thick if you are in a cold climate, heat the bottle under hot water. I have a 2003 Impala with 139k , it has a 4t65E trans , my PCS would stick now and then. Put in a one 24 oz container, problem went away, can use up to two bottles. If your '05 Maxx is like our '06 Maxx , you have to check the trans level like you do on a manual trans or diffirental. I used a hand operated mytivack through the fill tube to remove fluid, probably can do the same on the fill opening on your Malibu Maxx. Our family has owned close to 20 Chevrolets starting back in the 60s. Brand loyalty...just heard the other day that GM is now, again, the largest car manufacturer in the world. Thanks William Durant . when was the last time you cleaned your throttle boddy, get some Seafoam for that, put some in your gas tank to clean your fuel lines and injectors, spray some in your throttle body untill the engine stalls, let it sit for a few. directions on the can and the internet. WHEN DID u CHANGE YOUR PLUGS AND WIRE LAST ? How about that fuel filter ? be carefull what U spray in your throttle boddy, has to be marked "sensor safe".
la1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #23
oldrock&roller
AF Newbie

99-3.1-293,000 miles. Replace the intake gasket at 160,000. Transmission got slow shifting to 3rd from 2nd at ~ 180,000 installed some lucas oil still going. Have change water pump, brake rotors, acc belt and plug wires. Oil changed ever 6,000 miles.
oldrock&roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #24
cheerios1
AF Newbie

So my '98 has served me well. Died a few weeks ago on my way home at 200,000+ miles. Sad, can I get another motor in GA?
Body is perfect shape, no defects, had it since new, just don't want to part at this juncture. Seeing it in a junk yard would not be worth it and I don't want to be paid no $200 bucks for it either.
cheerios1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #25
Johnny R
AF Regular

Up here in Canada the Kidney Foundation will give a charitable tax receipt for the retail value of the car, as long as the windows can close.
Johnny R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #26
oldrock&roller
AF Newbie

300,000 miles 99/3.1 still kicking.
oldrock&roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #27
herbcoop
AF Newbie

Wow you guys better records than I do...
2001 with 217,000, we've did the normal things brakes and pads when needed, trans flush and new filters, oil changes close to every 3-4 k nothing real major.
Having the blower issue now and will need to fix the resistor I would believe since I changed out pass & driver side fuses and the one under the hood.
I have the directional signal issue as well, I read mashing hard the 4 way button will work and it does but I guess it's a matter of time.
My air condition is stupid but I think it might be a loose wire since at times when the light goes off I can stick my hand in the cubbies hole under the radio area and push up and it'll come back on. Other than that it runs great.
herbcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #28
rkvons
AF Enthusiast

My son has a 1998 Malibu LS with 170K and I've had to change almost every brake line. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned that.
rkvons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #29
ChevMali99
AF Regular

167k change the intake, struggling with the 01401 and 00410 forever. Good car otherwise.
ChevMali99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #30
AD2BU
AF Newbie

1982 - 136xxx miles, 3.8L. Just sold it a couple months ago after lowering it 1" and completely redoing the suspension.

1998 - 150xxx miles, 3.1L. Just sold it a couple weeks ago. Had all the usual problems along the way: a couple intake gaskets, Passlock issue, shift solenoid issue, blower resistor, alternator, water pump, idler pulley... All-in-all a great driving car and issues were straightforward to fix.

2005 MAXX - 144xxx miles, 3.5L. Great daily driver. Usual issues: driver's seat broke, headlamps partially melted, steering clunk, EVAP vent solenoid, wife took it over a curb, got rear-ended hard... Another great driving car and the issues were fairly simple to fix.

2013 LTZ - 600 miles, 2.0T. Wonderful car except for the lack of rear seat room. Seriously, if you have legs, you can't sit back there. Only warranty work so far was to fix the deck lid that didn't fit or close well.
AD2BU is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu