Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #31
waltham41
AF Regular

Re: Brake and antilock lights come on (92 Caravan)

Ask the service manager for the contact information for the CEO of Chrysler and that you are going to contact him and see if he can find one in the system for you.

I am sorry that I could not help you with where Dodge got mine, they just told me they ordered it through their parts system and it came in finally.

I know I have seen them remanufactured on the internet for sale, if I can find the link I will post it here for you.

Good luck in the mean time
waltham41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #32
waltham41
AF Regular

Old 07-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #33
Hoody
AF Newbie

Thanks Walt.... I printed out the page showing the damned part IS available I'm gona take it to the Parts mangr Monday and show it to him. I can't see why Chrysler wouldn't authorize them to get it there.
Hoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:11 AM   #34
waltham41
AF Regular

Good Luck! Let us know what happens, if they wont do it , get the contact info for someone up high in Chrysler and tell them that you know where to get the part and Dodge will not work with you on it. Remind him that it is under a lifetime recall and they need to honor their promises.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:17 AM   #35
waltham41
AF Regular

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,1588

Here is another site that has them even cheaper
Old 07-31-2006, 04:43 PM   #36
Hoody
AF Newbie

walt, I went to both sites and did a print of the page, took them to the parts manager today. Problem is,

1. they Chrysler won't authorize any parts from outside. funny because they are being made by a 3rd party anyway.

2. The parts manager called both and they didn't even have any core's to rebuild, man o man

I got fed up today and called the NHTSA who said to call another Chrysler hot line that deals with these recalls 1-800-853-1403, spoke with a rep Randall for a few min who said he will do some checking and get back to me.

I have a running log here since March on this thing now, from the dealership, to Chrysler Customer Svc, to NHTSA, and now to this Chrysler hot line.

Its getting to be a real circus with this stuff. The parts manager told me they had like 320 of these things on back order now.

I told him that Chrysler has only 3 options at this point that I can see, 1 fix the damned problem, 2. give me a rental and let the thing sit there for another year, or 3. just buy it back or give me a compatable vechicle in exchange.

I'm not gona let these guys of the hook here, this is gona be my project now as when the inspection sticker runs out, it won't pass inspection here in VA, and that means I won't have use of my private property due to Chrysler.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #37
waltham41
AF Regular

Sorry that neither of the links I provided had the parts in stock, keep us updated on what happens with your problem.

Good Luck!
Old 08-01-2006, 04:50 PM   #38
Hoody
AF Newbie

Yeah well I called that other Chrysler hot line, and still have yet to get anything back on this from them.

I'm seein why all the auto stocks are fallin, and to look at all the problems these Chrysler vans are havin even the newer ones I doubt I'd ever buy one again.

As for this 92 T&C its only used local and when it dies its gona go to the junk yard with all the rest of the vans there from Chrysler.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #39
MT-2500
AF - Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody
Yeah well I called that other Chrysler hot line, and still have yet to get anything back on this from them.

I'm seein why all the auto stocks are fallin, and to look at all the problems these Chrysler vans are havin even the newer ones I doubt I'd ever buy one again.

As for this 92 T&C its only used local and when it dies its gona go to the junk yard with all the rest of the vans there from Chrysler.

The ABS system is under a life time warranty.
Is your dealer covering it under warranty?
MT
Old 08-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #40
Hoody
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-2500
The ABS system is under a life time warranty.
Is your dealer covering it under warranty?
MT

I hate to beat a dead horse here brother, but did you read the whole thread so far?

Yeah "they" are "covering it", but there's NO parts, and NO ONE in the Chrysler network seems to have any idea where they come from, or when they will ever see any.

This is getting too weird, and as the parts manager AP at Crossroads Chrysler here in Petersburg VA said they have 320 of these things on back order!!!. ( 804-733-4664, Crossroads) If you know of where the parts can be had, PLEASE give AP a call......

I am now awaiting a reply call from this other Chrysler Group ( 1-800-853-1403) on what is next, I called them twice now, spoke to a Randall, and than to a Camron, but I'm not holding my breath, I'm sure I'll have to call them back myself by Monday.

I also called this NHTSA at 1-800-327-4236) who only said to call that Chrysler Group number.

I have only 3 options left to see if it can ever be completed, 1. call my ATTY Gen of VA, (dono if this even falls in that jurstiction) 2. send a email to my comgressman ( yeah right), or 3, go to my local help on your side TV person. Hell I dono what else to do at this point.

And this "lifetime" stuff can be misleading too, I had a 88 Dodge caravan that I put 8 "lifetime" intank fuel pumps in lol. in less than 8 months.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #41
Hoody
AF Newbie

ANYONE out there have a good email address or fax number to the CEO of DaimlerChrysler ?? this crap with chrysler support reps sucks

I sent a long email to one of the contact address' on the chrysler site yesterday but have no idea if it will get to the top. I need a direct link to some higher up there, the links there are only for standard Q&A stuff.

I found a email to that German CEO but it came back as undeliverable.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #42
Autoeducassist
AF Newbie

I got the same problem with my 91 grand caravan 3.3 Lt and I spent a fortune trying to fix it and the problem was that the module that control the abs system was not working propertly so I try to buy from junk jards and it was not that good and I also went to the dealer in Newburgh, NY and it was costing too much money.....

So I got this idea of replacing the ABS brakes to regular brakes and it is working wonderfull and it costed me a lot less than getting it from the dealer.

just do the best you can and try to get the module of the ABS system and you will see that I am not lying to ya

Good luck with the problem get it fix as soon as you can. but think about all the money tha you are going to spent
Autoeducassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #43
Hoody
AF Newbie

yeah I hear that Autoeducassist but its not gona cost me a dime guy, its a covered part through Chrysler recall. NHTSA96V099000

I did get a call back yesterday after sending another email with all the info to date to another section at Chrysler HQ, but still never got to the TOP guy yet.

Also called my parts guy at the dealership who also said he got a call from them too, so I do have them lookin at the problem.

Anyway Chrysler said they are in the works with a supplier for the part, and the parts guy said his computer now shows a ETA of the part in Oct. So the game goes on.

As for the idea of switching to just regular breaks, that's what I would really like for them to do, I don't need ABS anyway never did. But they (the dealership) says that's not covered, and it would take a rebuild of the entire break system. anyway I'm gona make em fix this sucker one way or another as long as its under a "life time" recall its their buck.

I'll keep this thread alive as long as needed to complete this mission so anyone else with this mess at least has a good idea what they're lookin at. I bought this thing in March from a guy that tried to hide this defect by covering the ABS light with black elec tape, cause I guess he just gave up. When I found out I almost took him to court for fruad, but after I found that it was covered under recall I decided it was on him.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:36 PM   #44
Hoody
AF Newbie

hy Walt....

well I have one update on this saga now, I actually got a call back from Chrysler In MI, the gal said that the part I needed was being shipped to the dealer tomorrow, now how long it takes to get here is another thing, but at least I have someone call me and let me know something.

So far this ABS is the only problem I have encountered since I picked up this used 92 T&C, I read a lot of bad stuff on these vans here and am just braceing myself for more fun on this thing.

I didn't pay a lot for it, and won't put much if any money in it either, this ABS deal is recall, so its on Chrysler anyway. If this sucker lasts a couple years I won't complain by than to take it to the junk yard.

I own Toyota now, and will look at the 07 Tachoma, no more vans for me....
Old 08-16-2006, 05:47 AM   #45
waltham41
AF Regular

Glad to hear that you are making progress, I hope it works out for you.

We didnt pay much for ours either, had to replace all of the motor mounts and both drive axles, but it did have a fresh rebuilt tranny in it.

I am like you, if something major happens to it, it probably will be scrapped as it has high mileage and just isnt worth the money to fix.

Good Luck and keep us posted

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager