Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: WRX or RSX type S ???
WRX 46 44.23%
RSX type S 58 55.77%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 11:32 AM   #76
antidote11
AF Newbie

Yeh, and I couldn't care less about what girls like when it comes to cars.

But I have never heard of a twin-turbo on an RSX Type S, I think that would be a serious waste of time, money and tuning.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:23 PM   #77
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Quote:
Originally posted by e23k13l420
Sube's are ugly cars. they look like shit. they are fast but ugly get an rsx
dude, rsx's are way uglier. id rank an rsx in the top 10 ugliest cars sold today. they look like something a little kid drew while trying to draw a REAL integra. i mean, there is no style or class to them at all. im not saying the wrx looks good, but it sure as hell looks better. but since looks are only an opinion, they have no validity in this argument. so try to come up with a solid reason why the rsx is better if you wanna argue about it. i could name one, the rsx is more luxurious. i personally couldnt give a crap less about how luxurious it is, cuz my subaru has all the luxury i want, and i despise leather seats, but i would like to have a sunroof though.

Quote:
Originally poster by antidote11
Yeh, and I couldn't care less about what girls like when it comes to cars.
me either. if youve gotta use your car to pick up girls in the 1st place, then you just suck. i buy a car for what i like, not what impresses others.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:30 PM   #78
antidote11
AF Newbie

I agree with your second comment, but I disagree with the 1st one though. I think the RSXs look very cool, a little too high, but lowering down a touch can fix that problem, but I think they are very attractive cars. It's not like Pontiac Aztec or anything right ?
Old 11-15-2002, 08:07 PM   #79
LjasonL
Some Guy

ive seen some rsx's that looked damn cool, like this one i saw a HIN in dallas

i actually had a dream last night that i owned that car and my car.

but in stock form... eww. same with wrxs. when theyre stock theyre yucky, but modified, they look badass.
Old 11-15-2002, 08:47 PM   #80
SooNToBeRACER
AF Newbie

WRX or RSX type S ???

hello all....i think the rsx type s is what i would chose....a few reasons are because a stock wrx has 227 horse power and it has a factory turbo already...ONLY 27 more horse power WITH turbo...and the rsx s has 200 hp with out turbo.....and i read a few import magazines(IMPORT TUNER,IMPORT RACER, ECT...)and i have read recently in the IMPORT RACER magazine (december issue) that a turbo kit for the rsx s isout and it runs for about $4,600 and it adds a 100+hp gain to and already 200hp engine.....and the rsx s is around$24,000 and i heard the wrx is around $25 to 27k....now lets look at it for a sec...you buy the rsx s and the the turbo kit for it....im guessen thats about $28,600 for a 300+hp car....and the wrx has 227hp and its about 27k....come on now,thats about 1 or 2 thousend less then the rsx and a turbo kit for it.....and the rsx s is alot better looken i must say.....and im not sayen the wrx is ugly because i used to want it untill i started thinken about getten a rsx s(......lol...im only 16 and i dont have a car yet...but im tryen to get a rsx s.....i lack the money right now so im in a bind..)but ne way thats just how i see it...but then agine i did leave out some stuff about the AWD and stuff.....well thats all for now....
Old 11-16-2002, 12:21 AM   #81
1989CivicSi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 1989CivicSi
alright, im a honda lover but damn

my friend bought a brand new wrx turbo and that thing is BAD ASS! he added a 3 inch down pipe and a boost controller and it runs hard as hell. Just imagine w/o all the catalytic converters on it. It would breather so much easier and produce boost so much quicker. also the interior on this car is bad ass: momo steering wheel, pedals, and shift knob (not sure about the shift knob). The only complaint that i have on this car is not having a sunroof!!! man i would fall in love with this car 110% .

The RSX-S is very impressive to me for a honda, it looks nice, comes with an awesome interior, very nice and strong motor (not to mention the new "i-vtec") and awesome gas mileage.
Clutchmaster 8lb aluminum flywheel
Place Racing motor mounts
Revo Short shifter
Short ram intake
2 1/4 exhaust
17in Tenzo R Shu 4's
Kumho Supra 712's (cheap tires )
Old 11-16-2002, 12:23 AM   #82
LjasonL
Some Guy

soontoberacer - okay youre just way wrong. a wrx costs $24k, the same as an rsx. for that $4,600 youre gonna put in the rsx to get 300hp, youre gonna have over 400hp in the wrx. not to mention you still wont have any traction problems thanks to the awd. with youre turbo kit on the rsx, youll be hitting mid to low 13's on cheater slicks. with the same money in the wrx, youre gonna be in the 12's on street tires and still have some money left over. the rsx is a decent little car, but no way does it have better bang for the buck than the wrx, at all.

and whats with this "only 27 more hp with turbo" crap? you realize the wrx only has 8.0 compression right? do you realize the potential for growth there? $50 will have you running consistent 13's on street tires. $2500 will have you in 12's. the rsx has 11.0 compression, thats why it "only" has 27 hp less without a turbo. that leaves (in my opinion) little or no room for growth without spending the big money, like that turbo kit you mentioned. and you know what happens when you do get that turbo kit? your warranty goes out the window. the wrx can make the same 300hp as that turbo rsx, while spending a lot less money, and all bolt on parts that you can easily remove if you need any warranty work.
Old 11-16-2002, 04:12 AM   #83
Trijenji
AF Newbie

ldelaysionl
Can I ask you a question? Why did you get a TS instead of a WRX Wagon or WRX Sedan? You seem to be in love with it ::licker:

Also do you feel a lot of regret about buying a TS instead of a WRX? I'm looking to buy new car soon and a WRX is a little too expensive in my view so I'm going for an RS. But if the WRX is really that good I might just go and buy that.
Old 11-17-2002, 12:55 AM   #84
LjasonL
Some Guy

nah, the rs/ts is a great car. i dont have any regret. for $18,000 with standard features that are optional on just about any other car in its range, its a great buy.
Old 11-18-2002, 12:21 AM   #85
qtr_mile_freak
AF Newbie

idelaysion1...
now you are the one that is wrong....you say that i can only run mid to low 13s with 4600 dollars? hahahaha
lets see...14.9 from factory...14.7w/ aem cai.... i shaved a whole SECOND simply by adding a 75 shot in the 1/8....that is with street tires. now i can buy a pair of used drag radials for about 100 to 150 dollars... the nitrous wasnt mine so i will add that..500.00....now that is 600 or 650 dollars....i can buy some forged pistons complete for about 400 dollars...this means i can up my shot...lets say just 100 shot...with the tires...i run in the 12s VERY EASILY because you said yourself that the rsx spins alot and i know it does so the tires are helping ALOT...hey i think i just ran 12s with a little over 1000.00...i can only imagine what i could do with 4600.00.....:finger:
Old 11-18-2002, 01:44 AM   #86
LjasonL
Some Guy

hmm, wasnt i talking about his $4600 turbo kit? i didnt say $4600 period. hell im running 8's in the 1/8th mile on less than $600. i can buy the forged pistons for $400 just like youre talking about, and up my shot to 100 like youre talking about (im only running a 55 shot now), and still not have to waste any money on slicks. which means that since im running my times on street tires, we might be about equal on the track, but on the way home im gonna burn you at every light. and my car was $6000 less than an rsx-s to begin with. so you see, when i said mid 13's for $4600, i was talking about the turbo kit that guy mentioned.

not to mention i really doubt just 100 shot and slicks is gonna put you in the 12's.

so :finger: yourself.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:19 AM   #87
antidote11
AF Newbie

Hey, there needs to be no :finger: ing. They are both cool cars, and great bangs for the buck. The WRX is fast and has potential, but so does the RSXs K20 engine. And they are in two different categories too, I am surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

WRX = Forced Induction

RSX Type S = NA
Old 11-18-2002, 10:52 PM   #88
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by antidote11
Hey, there needs to be no :finger: ing. They are both cool cars, and great bangs for the buck. The WRX is fast and has potential, but so does the RSXs K20 engine. And they are in two different categories too, I am surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

WRX = Forced Induction

RSX Type S = NA
heh, i think thats the 1st time ive :finger: -ed someone. yes they are both nice cars. lets leave it at that.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:05 AM   #89
qtr_mile_freak
AF Newbie

you know you are right you were talking about spending 4600.00 on a turbo for the rsx-s...but then you said''for that 4600.00 you are gonna put in the rsx to get 300 hp, you can get 400 hp in the wrx...so therefore you were saying that you could spend the same amount on somthing else...so i was saying the same..no offense..also the :finger: was just for fun...only a joke... anyways i am taking out a 6000.00 loan in january and scince you live in arkansas(im hoping in the southeastern part) and i live in north mississippi...i thought mabey we could get together and give it a try in memphis...at the track...just a thought:badass:
Old 11-22-2002, 01:39 PM   #90
e23k13l420
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to e23k13l420
i think u should wait a month for an evo VII, 276 horsies and 275 torque ... come on now you cant get better than that

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons