Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 05:29 PM   #61
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Re: ventured over to "car comparisons" part of af

like every other one.. masses of stereo equipment, huge crome rims, gay paint job and absolutely nothing done to the engine
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:40 PM   #62
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

that pisses me off when nothing is done to the engine on "pimp my ride". but w/e.

back on topic, i think what llz said was right on. everybody is going to have a different definition of what a sports car is supposed to be, me, it has to be rwd, has to be nimble in the corners, 2-door (no evo or sti stuff), and it can't come from a another type of car, it has to be set out to be designed as a sports car.

-Jared

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 06:57 PM   #63
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

^ Yuh... so maybe we should close this thread? It seems we are repeating ourselves here over and over... and it's nearly getting out of hand with everyone's 'strong' beliefs!

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:14 PM   #64
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

The problem is a few people dont READ some posts.
Hodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:08 PM   #65
probehtr300
AF Enthusiast

LOL this whole thing was great...so recap
civic = econo car
mustang = tryin really hard to be a sports car
300ZX/supra = great performance car
and Koenigsegg/Zonda = unatainable supercar

and we are all done
probehtr300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:22 PM   #66
MR2Driver
AF Enthusiast

Hey, if the new Mustang is what they say its gonna be, its going to be a Bonified Sports Car, none of this pony car rubbish..
MR2Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:26 PM   #67
probehtr300
AF Enthusiast

ive actuall driven one of the 2005 GTs and it was actually pretty impressive (for a mustang), it had an incredibly nice suspension. but id still take a Z32TT over it any day
probehtr300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:43 AM   #68
Karen512
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Karen512 Send a message via Yahoo to Karen512

300ZX>any mustang
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD Turbo
1985 Nissan 300ZX Turbo
1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo
Past Z Cars Crew
Karen512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 01:26 AM   #69
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

my next project car will be a '05 mustang V6 model. Cant stand the fog lights in the grill. I plan on building a 427BOSS mustang out of the new body style, I might settle on a 302 Boss mustang though.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:54 AM   #70
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
ehhh....whatever keeps your boat afloat....
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:03 PM   #71
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

Meh...don't care much for Ford except for the original Shelby stuff...mmm...GT500...mmm...original Shelby Cobra...el drool...even a replica would rock.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:42 AM   #72
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

LLZ there is a company out of Texas that is building GT500s, like from the movie Gone in 60 Seconds. They have Carol Shelbys permision and his blessings, and they also have Fords permission, so they are REAL GT500s not replicas. They only use original 65-70 fastback mustangs that are non-GT500 to start with. All you need is the money for the parts and labor and find a Fastback 65-70 Mustang to send to them.

As for me and the Mustang. I like classic mustangs, and classic cars. The Z fits in that catagory with the classics to me. I dont have many cars that are in that area, and anyone who knows me knows I am REAL picky about my cars, my girls, and my food. I like what most people dont. And I have been known to come up with some wierd ideas that work in a car. So far I and my team mate from school are still the second highest WHP rating out of a 350ci Block Chevy engine. We managed a whopping 480WHP and 545ftlbs. This was before we sprayed it with a 100shot. All becuase I was board and wanted to see if a 11:1 compression ratio and a odd cam that many didnt look at would work.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:08 AM   #73
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: ventured over to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodo
LLZ there is a company out of Texas that is building GT500s, like from the movie Gone in 60 Seconds. They have Carol Shelbys permision and his blessings, and they also have Fords permission, so they are REAL GT500s not replicas. They only use original 65-70 fastback mustangs that are non-GT500 to start with. All you need is the money for the parts and labor and find a Fastback 65-70 Mustang to send to them.
Sweet ass...got a company name? My uncle has a COUPLE fastbacks layin around his farm...

Quote:
As for me and the Mustang. I like classic mustangs
I'm the same way...the old ones are pretty cool, the fox body 5.0s are meh and I wish the new ones would just GO AWAY. Now the '05s are coming out starting out at ~13K so now we're going to get to see these fuckers all over the place.

Quote:
anyone who knows me knows I am REAL picky about my cars, my girls, and my food. I like what most people dont.
I'm the same way except I'm not too picky when it comes to food. I'm a culinary arts graduate so I guess it's engrained in my mind that I have to eat and/or cook everything I come in contact with...I've eaten some strange shit...
-rattle snake...not too bad
-aligator/crocadile...not too bad...kinda chewy
-cactus...friggin awesome

..and cooked some even stranger shit...
-sweetbreads...some gland from calves...they get poached...then you have to peel them [fucking disgusting]...then you sautee them
-cow's tounge...interesting story about that...
-fois gras...really fuckin expensive liver from geese that have been tricked/bred so that they eat constantly...back in the old days, they just used to tie them up and ram food down their throats...this shit's...like...90% fat...cook it too long and it turns to nothing...

...and so on...ok, I'm done rambling now...

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-29-2004, 01:19 PM   #74
Hodo
AF Enthusiast

lol
I have tried Rattle snake its not bad, I have eaten Dog(Korea) not bad either, actually pretty good, but a nasty after taste. And I have tried rat also in Korea, that was REALLY good BBQed. Sometimes I miss it.

The guys who make the Elenors was featured on "Rides" on TLC, I will look it up to see if I can find the name for them...... I used to have it memorized but I have been busy with a job intereview so had to make space in head.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:42 PM   #75
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

lol...space in head...that rules.

I'd try some dog. I've seen on TV how they have restaurants that are more like restaurants/kennels/animal shelters...you get to go back and pick the dog or cat you want to eat...that was kinda disturbing, but I'd try some dog anyway...I just don't wanna go pet it, first, ya know?

Bring ON the rat...hell yea, dude. As long as it's some farm raised rats or something (if there even is such a thing...)...don't wanna be chowin down on some sewer rat that was just gnawin on a turd 2 days earlier. Grill that bastard up, man! I'm game!

Yea...look that up if you can...I'd like to tell my Uncle about it since he has a couple of those cars just laying around.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)