Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #1
jwarne1
AF Newbie

New Stang lotted at Dealership

Hello,

I purchased my first stang, a 2010 V6 Premium, and have it lotted at the dealership until I can finish my move to Tucson tomorrow. When I got in the car, I noticed two things with it. The dash was scratched near the ignition where someone was not very accurate when inserting the key. i brought this up and they made me sign a form saying they would buff them out. I also noticed a spot on the leather that MAY have been just the light on the leather. I did not bring this up, but I'm concerned it was a problem with the leather on the seat.

Because it's being lotted, and even though I have it insured, are they responsible for repairing any damage that may be on the car when I return tomorrow to pick it up? The car is mine, and is fully insured, but I'm still concerned. Would it go under the warranty or would they have to pay for it with their insurance? I don't want to have to do an insurance claim the day I drive it off the lot--it has not been driven off the lot yet, except to test drive it.

Let me know what you think.
jwarne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: New Stang lotted at Dealership

If there are any blemishes, refuse to accept the car until you are happy with it.

Even though you own it, they ARE responsible for its condition until you accept delivery and drive off THEIR property.

Some years ago, my Dad bought a Jeep Wagoneer. After the deal was done, just a couple of hours before he was to drive it away, some hit-and-run driver crunched the side of it, in their lot. They fixed it for free.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
Franco2112
AF Regular

Re: New Stang lotted at Dealership

Magic rat is right! You're responsible for it once you take it off the lot. I signed the papers on a Chrysler 300C loaded. I did some DD on it and found that even though it was great to look at it was very cheaply made, with many issues. I called back the dealership and said i found something better and canceled my order. They were like ok? What other car are you looking at? I said a Toyota.! The salesman said, nice choice. You also have three business days to bring it back. That's by law. Fair business practice(Cool down period). You would still be responsible for mileage and any damages.
Franco2112 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk