Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Storm
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 02:44 AM   #1
michellet
AF Newbie

Angry 1991 Geo Storm won't stay running

My 1991 Geo Storm has been a nightmare since I bought it at an auction two weeks ago! Right after the keys were in my hand the car would not stay started, so at first we thought it was the fuel pump. Dropped the gas tank and the fuel pump was fine, so we replaced the fuel filter and got the car started. I drove the car for a few days no problem but then (OOPS!) I let it run out of gas and haven't been able to start it and keep it running for more than five minutes at one time. That is if I can even get it to start?!? It is almost like it isn't getting any gas, and we have checked the fuel pressure which is fine, all the fuses are fine and the spark plugs also the distributor is fine. My friend who knows a lot about cars thinks it needs ignition switch because it only starts sometimes and then when it gets warm shuts off, but I can not see how that would make it act like it is not getting any gas? Has anyone had this problem and knows what it could be? Is my friend right could it be the ignition switch?
michellet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:46 AM   #2
cheslock
AF Newbie

Re: 1991 Geo Storm won't stay running

cheslock is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Storm