Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 09:28 PM   #1
90Stangjc
AF Enthusiast

Just make an exception.

I know you guys hate the "who will win" questions, as i do to....but i have a big a$$ problem. I'm selling my 90' for a 83 GT my stepdad is just GIVING me. This is no ordinary 83 though. Here's my dilemma (is that how u spell it?)

This guy i know (wish i didnt) has a 94' automatic Camaro Z28. He's got just enough mod's to turn 13.80's at the track, but just threw on 3.73's and hasnt ran it yet. He thinks his car is....and i mean IS...... the BADDEST SON OF A BITCH THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN! This guy has his head stuck SO FAR up his ass he hasnt seen the sun since he's owned the damn car.

Me and the Camaro raced before and he straight up raped me. My car is stock btw. This 83 although....is not....Here's a list of mod's done to just the engine-MSD coil and box,K&N filter,Headers, O-R h-pipe, Flow's,289ci hp heads ported,E-303 cam,600cfm carb,Dual-plane intake,Underdrive pulleys,Stiffer valve springs,1.7 rockers,Vavles,3-core radiator,180 theromstat,Electric fan. There's most likely 1 or 2 more things i forgot but you get the idea. The engine is backed by a 82 GT 4-speed tranny and the stock gears (because he got fed up with it and bored and didnt do jack shit else to it).
Will that be enough to shut this stuck-up fucker up? Or should i go with gears, nitrous, or something else? I do not wanna race him if he has a chance at winning, that will boost his ego through the roof...

Any advice someone could give me would be great, dont worry about hooking as he has put enough shit on there to take care of that. Just wondering if it has enough ass to take his car...i really wanna shut that cocky bastard up one and for all. Thanks.
90Stangjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:25 PM   #2
StangNut86
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to StangNut86 Send a message via Yahoo to StangNut86
heh i think you'll walk all over him, that car will probably turn low 13s. i'd gear it just to be sure. of course i'd gear it anyway =P. and what are you doing with a stock 4speed? get a damn t-5 or tko in there boi!

anyway, sound slike a fun car. good luck =)

'89 Mustang 5.0 - How fast? i'll know this weekend.
'86 Mustang LX - Shortblock is built, now for the rest of it.

"Put the subject before the verb, hmm? Fail this class, you will."
-Yoda teaches english class.
StangNut86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:48 PM   #3
motor_head_429
AF Regular

Re: Just make an exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Stangjc
Or should i go with gears, nitrous, or something else?
If you have the money go with nitrous and gears, although it sounds like you have enough to take on him, 13.80 for the Camaro is not that fast, you shouldn't have trouble with him. Again though, if you have the money, go with the nitrous at least. Although you should be able to take him without it, leaving him 28 car lengths is better than 1 right? Good luck.
motor_head_429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:43 AM   #4
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
You left out some details like valves... what type? size?
headers.... shorties, equi-shorties, LT?
There is more but bottom line is you don't want him to have a chance why not add nitrous and gears cause that is a guarantee which is what u want.

Sidenote: Your tranny unless replaced is an 83 cause they used the SROD-4 in 83 for half the production run.

GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:47 AM   #5
StangNut86
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to StangNut86 Send a message via Yahoo to StangNut86
SROD-4s weren't just used in 83.... my notchback had one and it was stock.

'89 Mustang 5.0 - How fast? i'll know this weekend.
'86 Mustang LX - Shortblock is built, now for the rest of it.

"Put the subject before the verb, hmm? Fail this class, you will."
-Yoda teaches english class.
StangNut86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:37 AM   #6
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangNut86
SROD-4s weren't just used in 83.... my notchback had one and it was stock.
I did not say SROD-4 were just used in 83... I was saying that and 83 GT could have an SROD-4's stock and 1/2 way through 83 they went to T-5's in the GT. Then for the rest of the V8 Stangs till the mod motor had T-5's.

GTStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:35 PM   #7
90Stangjc
AF Enthusiast

What type of gear should i get? I have a choice of some cheap 3.73's or 3.90's. Those gears i can get for $135. The 4.10's and 4.30's will cost like $195, i'm going to be racing at the track every weekend and will also have a bike so i dont need the car for everyday driving but if i do need to drive it say for a week at a time i need it to be a little streetable. I have around $2,400 to spend.
P.S.- What is a good way to grab a nitrous setup without my mom finding out?
Old 06-23-2004, 07:28 PM   #8
351wStang
AF Enthusiast

Not sure how you can hide it from your mom. Not sure how smart she is, j/k. But I'd say Edelbrock's Performer nitrous kit would work well with youe engine combo.
351wStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:25 PM   #9
boosted331
AF Enthusiast

That's a low compression motor with low flowing iron heads, a dual plane intake and a tiny E-cam, not exactly a world beater you have on your hands. With the 3.73's in the LT1 it would be a very close race. If I were a betting man I would put my money on the LT1. Don't get too cocky yet.
boosted331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:01 PM   #10
motor_head_429
AF Regular

I would go with the 3.73 gears. As far as hiding nitrous, good luck with that. Edelbrock makes a Concealed Nitrous Kit. Not sure how it works, but you might want to look into it.
motor_head_429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:45 PM   #11
Ghost96Gt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Ghost96Gt

Hey gears defintaly but if u beat him u know he is gonna say with out N20 i would of beat ur ass dont give him any excuses go motor and rape him. and mybe get a more aggesive cam but thats all i am gonna say bc i am not very car smart yet. all i know is what i learned from these guys and mags.
Ghost96Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:16 AM   #12
90Stangjc
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Just make an exception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Gt
Hey gears defintaly but if u beat him u know he is gonna say with out N20 i would of beat ur ass dont give him any excuses go motor and rape him. and mybe get a more aggesive cam but thats all i am gonna say bc i am not very car smart yet. all i know is what i learned from these guys and mags.
That's another reason i wanted to conceal the nitrous. I'm towing the car down to my house next weekend when i get paid. I have a couple things i have to hook up first before i drive it. If i put 10 cars on him and soon as i got out of 3rd, that would be some funny shit. "Holy shit i didnt know it was that quick, are u sprayin'?" "Nope...u didnt see the sticker?"

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Talk