Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 07:08 PM   #31
orestes
AF Fanatic

Re: Number of 240s

yes the rb will make more power its a 6 cyl.

and yes, i think if you went crazy on your KA you could beat most of the supras you see. wtf is wrong with 11's?????

"I got that hustle in my genes like high blood pressure" -E-40
orestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 07:17 PM   #32
R.W.240
Banned

"Uh this one time this Highly Experienced tuner made 550 on a KA this one time on the dyno"

Please, The guy wants a drag car and the RB series like it or not is much better suited to make power than the KA. Theres been this huge anti JDM backlash lately and people are starting to ignore the facts just to be "anti-conformist".

"Waste time or effort for and SR" yeah... ok... Keep on telling your self the SR is a waste when your KA throws a rod at 6000 RPM. the only logical reasons the KA could be mistaked for better than the SR is cost per dollar and Displacement.

700HP+ 2JZs... theres at least 5-6 in and around Austin. You cant pull upgraded turbo supra with less than a 2.5 liters RX-7s excluded (even though they are better compared to 2.6s I dont want to get in to that). An RB swap in a S14 (Mandatory Intake, Exhaust) will probably take BPU Supras
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:17 PM   #33
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

I don't have a clue what you are talking about, but the KA has been on my mind since about a year ago. Then I really devoted about 75% of my life to understanding it about 9 months ago. I don't know what everyone else was thinking two months ago, but then again, I don't really care.

The KA, when supra tuners go four cylinder.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #34
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Know what? The only engines to throw rods are the ones that are either:

1) Unprepared. Whick really doesn't inlcude the KA if you have ever opened one up.
2) Not tuned properly. Which could include any engine. Build the entire engine out of any metal of your choosing, throw 50lb/min of air through it along with too little fuel and/or advance the timing too far. See what happens.

The difference between the JDM engine guys and us is:

You guys blow an engine, you throw the trusty ol' KA back in for a while. That is unless you have some spare parts and time to install.

We throw the other KA in and learn from our mistakes. All our stuff swaps over, and we head to the graveyard to find another one.

Uh oh, three people have made 500whp on KAs. Two of which, to my knowledge(I don't know about Ivan) were unsponsored what-so-ever. Show me a 550whp streetable SR that was built from somebodys pocket.

And don't forget about our valvetrain. We may throw a rod at 6k, but not before one of your rocker arms comes off.

Jeez, this is the shit that makes me not want to come here. One of these stupid threads comes up at least once a week here anymore. Ergo, we really need engine specific forums. Tat, I see why you left for a while.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX