Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 09:00 PM   #16
D-Bo
AF Enthusiast

Re: Number of 240s

labour for an rb swap is anywhere from $2500-$3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVteC_PoWeR
to me when i really look at it hondas just too expensive and theres not much power even after you spend loads of money...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dbo240

***LOOKING FOR A COUPE, ENGINE IS NOT AN ISSUE***
D-Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:15 PM   #17
logik23
Banned

Send a message via MSN to logik23

There's a place in mtl selling the RB26 with tranny and uncut harness and all the shit for like 3500$ CDN except i don't think the turbos come with it....
logik23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:29 PM   #18
D-Bo
AF Enthusiast

well add on anything comparable to the stock turbos for the 26tt and you'll be running closer to $5500.. add on labour and you're near $8000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVteC_PoWeR
to me when i really look at it hondas just too expensive and theres not much power even after you spend loads of money...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dbo240

***LOOKING FOR A COUPE, ENGINE IS NOT AN ISSUE***
D-Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:38 PM   #19
logik23
Banned

Yeah, but you'll have turbos that can crank out 500whp without breaking a sweat.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:13 AM   #20
RB26_Enthusiast
AF Newbie

a few things (IMO):

first of all, the ka-t is not as efficient above 500ps, and at this range you need to upgrade the bottom end, whereas the rb can go to around 700 on stock internals, people on the ka-t forums pages are running 12 and shit even with like 450ps to me thats pretty shitty since they cant get that much higher than that unless you want to sacrifice reliability. With a boost controller, trhe RB26 can get to the 400ps range alone, i rather make an investment into that than being stuck at around 500.

i have 12k to spend on my car, so im trying to get everything i can whihc is why im not asking only you logik. I kno i posted that message already i dont need you telling me what i did i think i would be aware if i did something. Other people may know of places and no, japan is not the only place to get these parts. I got a couple estimates on RB26 installs from a local performance shop and they told me it would cost around 12k installed into my car, which is why i was asking about labor, because if they were paying too much for the engine i would have it shipped to their shop.
RB26_Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:55 PM   #21
logik23
Banned

Have you driven a car that has more then 200hp? 500whp is fucking alot, I don't see when and why you would need near that much!
Old 02-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #22
93-240SX-COUPE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to 93-240SX-COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB26_Enthusiast
a few things (IMO):

first of all, the ka-t is not as efficient above 500ps, and at this range you need to upgrade the bottom end, whereas the rb can go to around 700 on stock internals, people on the ka-t forums pages are running 12 and shit even with like 450ps to me thats pretty shitty since they cant get that much higher than that unless you want to sacrifice reliability. With a boost controller, trhe RB26 can get to the 400ps range alone, i rather make an investment into that than being stuck at around 500.

i have 12k to spend on my car, so im trying to get everything i can whihc is why im not asking only you logik. I kno i posted that message already i dont need you telling me what i did i think i would be aware if i did something. Other people may know of places and no, japan is not the only place to get these parts. I got a couple estimates on RB26 installs from a local performance shop and they told me it would cost around 12k installed into my car, which is why i was asking about labor, because if they were paying too much for the engine i would have it shipped to their shop.

"I rather make an investment into that than being stuck at around 500"

Damn! I didnt know being stuck at 500 was a bad thing. I must be a bigger newb than I thought.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:35 PM   #23
driftking777
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to driftking777 Send a message via MSN to driftking777

i would buy a rb25det personally, then use the rb26 N1 block...i personaly like single turbos better...on top of that..the rb26 and 25 are basically the same damn motor...ooooo .1 of a liter more...
83 RX7: KA-T, t3/t4 turbo,Tial 38mm WG, MR coilovers, 5 lug conversion all around, TII brakes, hydraulic hand brake, 8" rear", 6 point cage, AMS Rebuild kit, Fully ported polished race head, Custom interior, JLine 6LR2 15x8, 16x9.5
driftking777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:09 PM   #24
logik23
Banned

I think the head is completly different.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:48 PM   #25
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

this kid is a boon. 12k into your ka will desimate all. a rb will eat up your 12k at stock engine. 12k ka will own you sorry pal.
Chuki_breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:08 PM   #26
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

I think I would just stick with the KA. Its potential hasn't even been half-way exposed. Rick on ka-t.org made 533whp with STOCK CAMS. And that was only at 26psi. Wait until Ivan takes the Twins car a little further with cams, Pauter rods, and 30psi. Much less when he starts running past 30psi. If I had the kind of money to spend on an RB swap, I would just get a Z32, FD or possibly a Supra. RB swaps are over.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 02:10 PM   #27
orestes
AF Fanatic

yeah if you are really spending tons of money just stick with the KA and get some sort of standalone fuel management shit, like the TEC3r wideband o2, MAP, and whatever. then buy a laptop to sit there and tune your car on a dyno. if you are really concerned about being limited by 500 hp on the KA then you will just need to seriously tune it, i dont doubt it could go higher.

"I got that hustle in my genes like high blood pressure" -E-40
orestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 05:17 PM   #28
RB26_Enthusiast
AF Newbie

like 2 months ago every1 was dissin the ka engine, now all of the sudden its so highly praised why, i thought the sr20 was a shitload better what happened?

also one of the main reasons i was going with the rb setup was because i was told that a 240sx will never be able to beat a decently hooked up supra, so i made a promise that i would trick the shit outta my 240 to make it with at least 600 to the rear wheels for strictly drag use to dstroy supras, the only way to do this in my eyes was to go with the rb26 but i ur telling me that with a highyl modified ka i can destroy 700rwhp supras and shit???
RB26_Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #29
sRscooby
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
like 2 months ago every1 was dissin the ka engine, now all of the sudden its so highly praised why, i thought the sr20 was a shitload better what happened?
someone slapped a turbo on it.
sRscooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 06:38 PM   #30
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

also one of the main reasons i was going with the rb setup was because i was told that a 240sx will never be able to beat a decently hooked up supra, so i made a promise that i would trick the shit outta my 240 to make it with at least 600 to the rear wheels for strictly drag use to dstroy supras, the only way to do this in my eyes was to go with the rb26 but i ur telling me that with a highyl modified ka i can destroy 700rwhp supras and shit???

2 months ago??? wtf you talking about. The ka has been on the rise for about a year now. Slowly but surely rising still. Soon i bet people dont waste time or effort for a sr. The first time i saw that the ka could be tuned nicely i totally gave up on the sr. That was about a 2 years ago. I dont know where you get your info from but, uh yea i just dont know. ANd well you never no, i mean a supra is a 6 cylinder engine, if i had a 4 cylinder that could even keep up with a nicely tuned supra i would feel very very proud of my car. But lets face it how many "700 hp" supras do you run into on a daily basis? If you were even going to put an rb in i would say go rb25 with a massive single turbo. An rb25 has very good potential also. Or y not get a fucking big block and super charge it. Drop that into your 240 if all you want to do is beat supras....
Chuki_breath is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX