Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 09:39 AM   #1
Straker
AF Newbie

Question Crease in Murano hood

I've been the proud owner of a new Murano and for the most part have been very happy with it. The only real complaints would have to be the non-illuminated gate shifter and the brushed aluminum center consol which looks great but is very delicate to scratches for such a common surface. But the main concern for this post is that recently
I've noticed a very subtle crease in the paint of the engine hood. It runs across from left to right approx. 2/3rd. the way up from the nose.
It's not evident in the center rise of the hood but is symetrically positioned on each side of the rise. When you raise the hood it appears to be in line where the structural cross beam makes contact with the engine compartment rear cross beam. Now I'm someone who always picks up on surface inconsistencies of the body and I never remembered seeing this. In fact, I'm not sure how you could create this. I just recently had the oil changed and it's possible it could have happened there but I can't imagine how. And I can't make any accusations if I
don't know what happened. I would think you would have to put a lot of stress on the hood to do this but why would a dealership service man have to.
Basically I'm asking any Murano owners out there if they've seen this on there vehicle. It's certainly not something that stands out nor is worth trying to correct, but I'm very curious how this came to be.
Thanks, Straker
Straker is offline   Reply With Quote