Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Murano | FX45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 09:04 AM   #1
Killer-FX
AF Newbie

Angry FX Sport Package problems

I'm going to cut to the chase. I got this FX-35 with the sports package and its killing me. Not that I dont like the car, i love it. But this problem with the stiffness of the suspensions is basically killing me. I got the car only 3 months ago, and i live in Boston. In case any of you dont know the roads up here, they are soooo bad. I feel like im driving on corn fields or something like that. And these stiff (i mean really stiff) suspensions i got on this cars is not helping at all. I was driving one of my friends M3 couple days ago and believe it or not the ride with M3 was way better than my FX. This problem also scares the heck out me because the temperature here get really low, way below 0 C and i hear about all these people getting their axles and wheels broken when negative temperatures are added on top of huge pot holes we got in Boston. On top of all these i also have these very stiff suspension. yea i definetely have to solve these problem. If anybody knows how, please tell me so i get it fixed before i mess the car up

Thanks
Killer-FX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:24 AM   #2
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max
Re: FX Sport Package problems

get some new shock absorbers/struts. get something adjustable so you can set it to how you like. tokico just came out with 5 way adjustables called illumina's
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 11:18 AM   #3
Killer-FX
AF Newbie

Shox

i checked out tokico's illumina 5-way adjustible and it is a very nice one. but how about koni shox? I think they have adjustables too. And if you know the prices of these two, which one would you recommend in terms of price-performance?
Old 01-25-2004, 03:05 PM   #4
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max

the illumina's for an 02 maxima are $468 for the whole set, i assume they're the same price for you, both cars being nissans. i don't know about koni's. i know that people really like the illumina's especially when coupled with aftermarket springs for a lower ride height.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2004, 10:13 AM   #5
WAYNEPB
AF Newbie

Very Bad Ride

Yes I agree with you. I ahve an FX45 and live in Chicago. I am so disappointed with the ride. I Just came back from Florida where a friend of mine has the same car 2004 FX45 and drove it down there. What a difference on smoth roads that do not see winter. Did Infiniti ever think this car was going to be sold in the north or drive it on winter town roads? I don't think so. The dealer says to change to 18 inch tires and that would help, but I like the looks of teh 20 inch and it not going to help enough to stop the car from bouncing up and down on the highway. Sometimes it makes my stomack sick in the mornings I don't have bvreakfast, it is that bad. I have complained to Infiniti but have not had anyone provide any answers to the problem. Maybe if enough of us complain they will provide a fix.
WAYNEPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:55 AM   #6
Killer-FX
AF Newbie

FX suspensions

Ok heres the deal. I talked to the service people of the dealership where i got the car and they told me that (believe it or not) "it is not a defect but a feature of the car." and "when i got the car i should have figured this would happen here in Boston." Thats why they would not deal with this problem. I dont really get the point here. u go out and pay so much money on a car and the first time u have a problem the company or the service leaves u all alone. I know im going to complain about this to the company thats for sure. but i also think (if the company tells me the same thing) changing the suspensions back to premium package suspensions ,not the wheels, would help. Any technical guy out there think this would work???
Old 02-12-2004, 06:13 PM   #7
WAYNEPB
AF Newbie

Dear Killer-FX,
I am getting the same run around with my FX45. I said I would even pay for putting the standard struts on and they would not even give me a price. Said it can not be done. I am waitng for a reply to a letter I wrote to the VP of Infiniti, here is his name and address to pass around. The squkeaky hinge gets the oil.
Mr. Mark Igo
Vice President Infiniti
PO Box 191
Gardena, CA 90248
Old 02-27-2004, 11:19 AM   #8
Killer-FX
AF Newbie

complaint letter

dear WAYNEPB,
I was wondering if you got a reply from that vp to your complaint letter. Please keep us updated so we know which way to go. And is the adress of that vp correct on your message, because they sent my letter back because the adress was wrong or something.

thx
Old 02-27-2004, 11:25 AM   #9
WAYNEPB
AF Newbie

Yes, the address of the VP is correct for my letter was not returned, but I have not had a reply as yet, will keep you up to date when it is received.
Wayne