Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Technical: How To... - FAQs
Technical: How To... - FAQs All How To's and Frequently Asked Questions.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
Skwog
AF Newbie

Angry Applying Parts to 1987 Pontiac Firebird

I have a 1987 Pontiac Firebird 2.8 with a V6. It runs great, but it's missing a few parts that I have been told to acquire by a friend who said he would put them on free of charge to help me out. Well, I bought the parts and now he's being sketchy and my car is still sitting out there a week later. As you could probably imagine, I'm becoming a bit irate with this, as I can't get out of the house save for going to work without my own car.

So, having little faith in the human species already, I've given up on the guy to help me and I've decided the only way to get anything done is to do it yourself. Unfortunately, I don't know the first thing about fixing cars. Which is why I've come to a forum to try and see if someone would be kind enough to at least give me some advice, perhaps guide me through how to do this.

The parts I have are a four foot vacuum line (I dunno what it's supposed to go to...), a heater hose (wherever that goes...), a coolant temperature sensor (...), a belt (kind of know what that's about), a PCV Vavle Grommet (I know where it goes, but not how to put it on), an air filter (same as belt) and a speedometer cable (??????).

So, if anyone knows what the hell I'm talking about, how to do these things or if anyone could please help me through the process, it would be most appreciated. Thank you for reading.
Skwog is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
firebird , parts , pontiac
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Technical: How To... - FAQs