Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:18 PM   #1
pcabn
AF Newbie

Talking 2010 crv alarm going off

Trying to help my elderly neighbor. Took their crv in for the airbag recall yesterday. Today the alarm starts going off and can't shut it off. I did some research. Read about disconnect hood latch switch. Did not help. Battery disconnect for 15 minutes. Same thing. No lights indicating an open door. At least if I could disable the alarm it could be driven back to dealer to be looked at. I tried a few other things but after 3 hrs my brain is going numb. I want to troubleshoot it in a methodical way but now I'm too tired. I'll try in the morning if I can find something new. I'm always suspect when a car goes in for one repair and soon has another issue. Not saying that's what happened but I don't want to see a Senior Citizen ripped off. Or anyone else for that matter.

Also just discovered the power locks are not working. Could be related? I can jump start now, but alarm goes off I can use the lockout lever and get it in gear but Idont know if It will shut off if I attempt to drive it to a dealer I am out of ideas at this point.

Last edited by pcabn; 05-04-2017 at 07:34 AM.
pcabn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:58 AM   #2
Copytech99
AF Regular

Re: 2010 crv alarm going off

It may be related to the inop locks.

May investigate those 1st.
Copytech99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
pcabn
AF Newbie

The locks work when performing test with my diagnostic tool. The switches to lock unlock on the inside door panel do nothing.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:09 AM   #4
Copytech99
AF Regular

Keyless work them ??

What diagnostics tool ?
Copytech99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:32 PM   #5
pcabn
AF Newbie

So it went off to dealer. Dealer called back. While the alarm is going off manually unlock the car door with the key. That rets the alarm. Locks would not work with alarm going off and key fob battery dead. The second key remote didn't work either so both batteries must be dead. Now I did try to manually unlock the car door but it never reset the alarm. Hopefully this has cured the problem. Can't pick it up until Monday. If there's anything else to add to the story I will.
Old 02-13-2022, 09:07 AM   #6
ST13fred
AF Newbie

I have 08 CRV and service manual (20 hybrid also). Even the 14 year old vehicle has tons of controllers. If you take the positive cable off the battery and ground it all the computer/controller presets will be erased. Section 22 says if the IMCU (integrated multiplex control unit) is disconnected the vehicle will not start until it is registered again. I have no idea how to do this, even with the manual. Hope you get this issue fixed.
ST13fred is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V