Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
clark942
AF Newbie

Electric Windows going down by themselves

On 4 or 5 occasions in the last year, I have locked and left my Lincoln MKX and returned to find that the front driver and passenger windows were down. This happened last night with my wife's MKZ. Both are 2008 models.
clark942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: Electric Windows going down by themselves

Welcome to AF.

My first thought is to check for any Technical Service bulletins related to this issue. I suggest to drop by the dealer's service department AND check on-line for them. Often, such TSB's are posted on the net. You can find out some useful info to verify anything the dealer has to say. Sometimes they are not aware of all the TSB's or are not forthcoming about the information they contain.

Also, you should complain to the dealer since this is a warranty issue. They may be unwilling to investigate intermittent electrical glitches but you should make a fuss about it before the cars get out of the warranty period (if they are still covered)
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
SilveraDon
AF Newbie

Re: Electric Windows going down by themselves

Happened on my 2007 MKZ twice right after purchase - luckily there was no rain or sprinklers. I complained and they told me there was no way to disable the "global open" so-called feature. Made it sound like "I" was the village idiot for not wanting this wonderful feature they've dreamed up. For the past 2 yrs I have been careful not to keep my keys in my pocket while in the house - they were on the table from Fri night to Sat morning. Came out Sat morning to find windows down and interior soaked after torrential rains Fri night - over half an inch sitting in the armrest wells. I found there "now" is a TSB on it, printed it out and took it back to the dealer but they found a build-date loophole and tell me I must pay $297 for a new module plus $91 to program it. I muttered a few choice words to the gal not quite under my breath and stormed out. Check out: TSB 08-26-5.
I'm still steaming - literally. And now the carpet's starting to stink like mildew...
No longer a happy Lincoln driver.
SilveraDon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > General Discussion