Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 10:40 PM   #1
Tailwheel
AF Newbie

96 F-350 Crew Cab rear door lock stuck down

My 96 F-350 Crew Cab driver rear door lock is stuck in the locked position.
I don't have a cause but do now notice that the pass door lock will not operate with the lock/unlock switch. The rear solenoids seem dead. Front door locks are working.
I tried to put a 10-32 coupling nut on the lock riser and pull. The down position is now 1/8-1/4" higher than normal.
This thing is really stuck and is really bad.

So before I start pulling the rear seat and trying to remove the door panel from a closed door; does anyone have a idea on how I might unlock this door? It would be a lot easier to get the panel off if it is open.
Regards
Tailwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:01 AM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: 96 F-350 Crew Cab rear door lock stuck down

From what I've read it is usually the actuators. Sometimes if you tap on the door in the area of the actuator while someone else clicks the button they may work temporarily to at least get the doors open again. Other than that, the total pain of pulling the seats from inside is the only way I know.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #3
Tailwheel
AF Newbie

Re: 96 F-350 Crew Cab rear door lock stuck down

Man, this is a bummer. I am really worried about pulling the door panel off with the door closed. They are irreplaceable and getting very old/brittle. I suspect that will break/crack the panel.
I see two possibilities, make a tool that will slide down and pull/push on some lever or maybe there is a short in the power wire to the rear door locks and fixing that might provide a little help.
But thanks for the thoughts.
Tailwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series