Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Interior | Exterior | Appearance
Interior | Exterior | Appearance The place for all interior, exterior and general non-performance modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 06:27 AM   #1
bhesson
AF Newbie

2000 Blazer LT Front Door Speaker Size?

I'm getting ready to replace the two front door speakers and I was hoping to get some help determining size/depth measurements to buy them before removing the panels. I went to the Crutchfield site and it lists 5 1/4 and 6 1/2-6 3/4 speakers for the fronts? Are one of the sizes the dash speakers listed as Fronts maybe?

Anyone know for sure the size of the front door speakers in my 2000 4DR LT and or know of any depth issues? Thanks for any help ....
bhesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:50 AM   #2
muddog321
AF -Advisor

Re: 2000 Blazer LT Front Door Speaker Size?

Doors front and rear (4dr) are 6 1/2" and buy the GM adapters for them to connect without splicing. Dash I don't know.
muddog321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:55 AM   #3
bhesson
AF Newbie

Thanks for your help !!
bhesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:04 AM   #4
muddog321
AF -Advisor

Door panel has 2 small bolts under the arm rest and then 1 screw in the open handle plastic cup, then pull to remove panel, lift up to get lip off window opening. The control plate pops off the panel and fits thru the opening - need the door panel off to easily install new speakers. On install make sure the front plastic clips are clipped in so door switch does not break (see the quarter sized little plastic plate on panel to contact switch). If you have a 4 door you hear the rears more than the fronts.
muddog321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:04 AM   #5
y2kblazer
AF Newbie

a lot of the 6 3/4 speakers just cost more I guess 'cause the aren't as mass produced. the problem that you will run into on the dash speakers is the hole is so shallow there is a brace or ductwork below them. that's what a tech from crutchfield told me. the depth on the doors shouldn't be an issue they are made for 6 3/4 if you order from crutchfield, they will give you any adapters that you need
y2kblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:13 AM   #6
BlazinMlew
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to BlazinMlew

As for your speakers in the dash. They are a 4x6 opening but only a select few fit in them because of the mounting depth. Be careful you dont buy something you cant use.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2371527
BlazinMlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:53 AM   #7
jsledge
AF Newbie

Just replaced the dash and rear door speakers, BE CAREFUL...had a problem fitting the 6.5 inch speakers because the magnets were too thick.

jsledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:10 AM   #8
ZL1power69
GM S-Series Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinMlew
As for your speakers in the dash. They are a 4x6 opening but only a select few fit in them because of the mounting depth. Be careful you dont buy something you cant use.
i bought pioneer 4x6's for like 50 bucks and they fit perfictly.
Exterior Mods: Just Right

1987 Buick Turbo T Dark Red
Low 11 sec sleeper
.030 4.1 block, PT6262E, & other odds and ends....
My Cardomain
ZL1power69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #9
Ultrashock
AF Regular

4" speakers fit nicely in the dash with scosche 4x6" adapters
Jasper engine, Rebuilt tranny + rearend

04 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
43,000 miles
Ultrashock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:00 PM   #10
georgelovesdirt
AF Newbie

i just aquired 4 infinity 5-1/4 inch speakers (they seem deep though), i have a 95 4 door blazer lt, it came with a single cd player. crotchfeel says the speaker sizes are 4x6, 6.5 and 6.75. a lot of people on this board seem to have 6.5s in both the front doors and the back doors of their 95's. are you guys useing adapter plates for the rear ones? also, when i took one of the dash grills off to check out what was under there (i didnt even know they were there for years) i found an adapter plate with a tweeter in it.

my question is, do they sell 5.25 to 6.5 and 5.25 to 6.75 adapters at my local wal mart or circut city/best buy? crutchfield wanted 14 to 25 bucks a pair! thats the price of a no-name-but-better-than-stock speakers! am i going to need wire adapters for these speakers cause i have a gm? do 5.25 to 6.75 adaptors even exist? could i just go find a peice of 1/8'' sheet metal and make my own adapters?

also the speakers i got have 4 wire harneses each, whats with that? do i need a crossover for them? they have tweeters in the middle.
georgelovesdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #11
BlazerBoyLT98
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlazerBoyLT98 Send a message via Yahoo to BlazerBoyLT98

I disconneted my dash speakers and I plan on dumping tweaters in. I don't find a use for them
2 JL Audio 12" Subs Sealed JL Audio Box
Coustic 400 Watt Class D Mono Amp
Pioneer Head Unit 50X4 MP3, WMA, AAC Super Tuner
Polk DB750 6.5" all around
Yankees Suck!!!!!!!!
BlazerBoyLT98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #12
georgelovesdirt
AF Newbie

I installed my rear speakers today, had to "recycle" a piece of 18 gauge sheet metal from my local abandoned factory. I made adapter plates for them and they fit great, I found the crossovers for the speakers.

Does any one know if my blazer has a crossover somewhere between the deck and the tweeters? Only 4 sets of wire came out of the stock unit (I have a Panasonic mp3/cd player now, 50w x 4 rms) so they obviously split somewhere. No I don’t have a Chilton’s, I wouldn’t be on this board if i could afford rich guy stuff like "manuals" and "speaker adapters".

blazerboy, I highly recommend putting tweeters in the dash, I was surprised at how crappy the stock speakers were when i pulled them out because the stock system sounded pretty nice. it just wasn’t loud enough.
georgelovesdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:32 AM   #13
BlazerBoyLT98
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlazerBoyLT98 Send a message via Yahoo to BlazerBoyLT98

I will put them in, I have Polk Audio all the way around now
2 JL Audio 12" Subs Sealed JL Audio Box
Coustic 400 Watt Class D Mono Amp
Pioneer Head Unit 50X4 MP3, WMA, AAC Super Tuner
Polk DB750 6.5" all around
Yankees Suck!!!!!!!!
BlazerBoyLT98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #14
goser
AF Regular

Yeah i've never found an answer about the crossover...it must be there somewhere, but where?

I abandoned my rear speakers and ran four new lines to the dash and front doors--Infinity 6.5" in the doors and 4x6 plates in the dash. I had to cut off one of the mounts on the dash cover to account for the extra thickness of the plate but it all fits nice and snug now. The finishing touch is to get a deck with a crossover (what Pioneer calles "network mode") so you can send your highs to the plates in the dash and the mids to the doors.
goser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #15
hodocka
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddog321
Door panel has 2 small bolts under the arm rest and then 1 screw in the open handle plastic cup, then pull to remove panel, lift up to get lip off window opening. The control plate pops off the panel and fits thru the opening - need the door panel off to easily install new speakers. On install make sure the front plastic clips are clipped in so door switch does not break (see the quarter sized little plastic plate on panel to contact switch). If you have a 4 door you hear the rears more than the fronts.
I have to replace the outside mirror on my '95 Blazer and can't figure out how to remove door panel. The screw in the open handle cup is obvious but I don't see the " 2 small bolts under the arm rest" Is this just on newer models? Thanks !
hodocka is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Interior | Exterior | Appearance