Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Gallardo
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 09:12 PM   #1
Coast Boy
AF Regular

Smile My Gallardo Arrived

Guys,

I flew into Sydney Australia on Saturday and picked up my pearl Orange Gallardo. WOW!!! What an experience and I shot most on DVD, I wanted to capture the thing and it was amazing. I caught the early flight to Sydney from the Gold Coast (1 Hour), went to the camera store and brought the Sony camcorder which records straight to DVD. I then met my friend Michael and we had lunch on the water at the W Hotel then went to Lamborghini Sydney and met Greville, the manager.

There it was, sitting in between the new Silver e-gear Murcielago and a Yellow and Blue Gallardo. I went through the delivery exercise and took off from Sydney and drove to Port Macquarie where I stayed the night. I was amping driving through the Saturday traffic in Sydney until I hit the freeway 20 minutes later. The drive was about 350 Km and I got a good feel for the e-gear in all modes, Sport mode with the ESP switched off was the most responsive, quick acceleration but I have to tell you 3rd gear is the most amount of fun I have ever had in a car. I also own a Ferrari 360 and it is a completely different experience, totally different, I'm not even sure why the press even bothered comparing them.

AWESOME CAR!!! Drive one if you get the chance, own one if you can, they truly put the capitol 'S' back into SUPER CAR.

I will be putting the Tubi on it and the clear engine hood gets delivered soon and that will be it, I think it is the perfect car, for me anyway.
Coast Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:08 AM   #2
bunkhound
AF Newbie

ESP "off"?

Hi Coast Boy,

Good to hear your car arrived. Sorry to hear about about the price rise they threw at you at the last moment. Hope there's enough positives in the car, to make it all worthwhile!

The Pacific Highway drive to the Gold Coast back from Sydney is certainly a lot better than it used to be. The car must be almost "run-in" by now! Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip.

I was interested in your comments about the difference with ESP off. I haven't even tried that with mine. I assumed that having ESP "on" had no effect compared with ESP "off", unless you were doing a "launch" start, or really driving "on-the-edge". Haven't bothered to play with the ESP switch yet.

So, to all e-gear owners, what are the differences that can be expected in driving an e-gear Gallardo with ESP on, or off, and are these differences only going to be apparent at the "limit of adhesion" (which must be pretty damn high)? ie. will I have more fun with ESP off in normal straight line acceleration etc., or will this only have any effect when driving a bit crazy, so to speak?

Cheers.
bunkhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:30 AM   #3
mhh1
AF Newbie

I've got to confess I've never tried the car with the ESP button turned off. Unlike my C32 AMG, my Gallardo's ESP has never interrupted the fun.
mhh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:50 AM   #4
bunkhound
AF Newbie

Re: My Gallardo Arrived

Is there more fun to be had with ESP off? I don't know. Like you mhh, I've never turned it off.
bunkhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:01 AM   #5
jamesketchell
AF Newbie

I told you that you'd love it. I've been the 360 route as well and the two cars are very different. I've done 900 miles in the car over the last 7 days and its simply incredible.

I'm glad youve had fun. I'm also very interested in the exhaust upgrade (not that the standard one here is bad in anyway). When is yours getting changed?
jamesketchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:57 AM   #6
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

Congratulations! (I would love just to see one.) I can only imagine the most exciting time must be when you first purchase the car. It would be cool if you could ever post some of that DVD footage on the net for us.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:23 AM   #7
-Davo
Banned

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!?!?!!?

I live in sydney! I would of loved to of join you in your picking up the car!!
I can drive!
I HAVE A FORD!!!!!!! *crys*

Where about's in Sydney was it? And where about is port did you stay? I stayed at Blackmans' point, or what ever it's call, but I bet you stayed at a nice hotel

On the other hand. Good job, I hope to be like you one day, telling all the other people here that I picked up my new Lamborghini!
It's good to see AUSSIE Lambo owners on the board!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!

By the way, can I grab a copy of the DVD you were filming?
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 08:53 AM   #8
Coast Boy
AF Regular

Re: Re: My Gallardo Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Davo
WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!?!?!!?

I live in sydney! I would of loved to of join you in your picking up the car!!
I can drive!
I HAVE A FORD!!!!!!! *crys*

Where about's in Sydney was it? And where about is port did you stay? I stayed at Blackmans' point, or what ever it's call, but I bet you stayed at a nice hotel

On the other hand. Good job, I hope to be like you one day, telling all the other people here that I picked up my new Lamborghini!
It's good to see AUSSIE Lambo owners on the board!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!

By the way, can I grab a copy of the DVD you were filming?
Oi Oi Oi. Thanks mate, yeah it was really exciting. In fact I still can't believe it. I picked it up from Lamborghini Sydney in Kings Cross. I stayed at the 4 Points Sheraton in Port Macquarie as they had the best parking and I really needed to know the car was safe.

Anytime you are on the Gold Coast let me know and I'll pick you up from the airport and we'll go for a drive, just email me.

I have the only Gallardo on the Gold Coast; Buckhound has the only other registered one in our State. It's really strange because most people are seeing it for the first time and it is an absolute showstopper. I pull up and go into a cafe for a coffee and 15 people take photos of it. It's awesome seeing how excited they get when they see it, especially the kids, they are blown away.

I haven't edited the DVD yet but when I do I'll post some.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:54 AM   #9
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

Re: Re: Re: My Gallardo Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Boy
Thanks!
Old 07-22-2004, 06:59 AM   #10
-Davo
Banned

Re: Re: Re: My Gallardo Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast Boy
Oi Oi Oi. Thanks mate, yeah it was really exciting. In fact I still can't believe it. I picked it up from Lamborghini Sydney in Kings Cross. I stayed at the 4 Points Sheraton in Port Macquarie as they had the best parking and I really needed to know the car was safe.

Anytime you are on the Gold Coast let me know and I'll pick you up from the airport and we'll go for a drive, just email me.

I have the only Gallardo on the Gold Coast; Buckhound has the only other registered one in our State. It's really strange because most people are seeing it for the first time and it is an absolute showstopper. I pull up and go into a cafe for a coffee and 15 people take photos of it. It's awesome seeing how excited they get when they see it, especially the kids, they are blown away.

(I was hoping you'd do the Oi Oi Oi! for me! ) That's awesome
I was expecting it to be a show-stopper!

I didn't know Lamborghini was in Kings Cross! That's on the same train line as I am! (Illawarra). Unfortunately, I'm at the other end haha (would take 1.5+ hours)

I can't see my self going to the gold coast anytime soon, I wish I could. The last time I was up there was when I was in year 8 in 1999, I was in Brisbane for a few days. But I stayed an entire 2 weeks at coolongatta (sp?) in '98. That was a while ago!

If I do end up going, I will email you! That would be awesome! But It won't be for a looooong time. I have to finish my 3 year degree first, I just started it too. But if you ever plan on comin' down to Sydney, e-mail me! ( Metdavo@hotmail.com ). I'd love to have a Lamborghini parked in my drive way! !

-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 04:50 AM   #11
jim501
AF Regular

Well done Coast Boy!!!!!!! Good to hear that there is a Gallardo on the coast. I have only seen two other Lamborghinis on the coast. One is the yellow murcielago with the number plate SHARK. I saw that in Surfers 2 weeks ago. And the other is a black diablo 6.0 with the number GREGS and that lives at Main Beach. (I live out at Carrara) So if you ever need some one to take a ride with you just let me know, I'd love to.
Did you already order your car before the Brisbane Audi became the Lamborghini dealer?
jim501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 05:07 AM   #12
Coast Boy
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim501
Well done Coast Boy!!!!!!! Good to hear that there is a Gallardo on the coast. I have only seen two other Lamborghinis on the coast. One is the yellow murcielago with the number plate SHARK. I saw that in Surfers 2 weeks ago. And the other is a black diablo 6.0 with the number GREGS and that lives at Main Beach. (I live out at Carrara) So if you ever need some one to take a ride with you just let me know, I'd love to.
Did you already order your car before the Brisbane Audi became the Lamborghini dealer?
Thanks mate and good to hear from you. I never register my cars to my home address, all my cars are registered interstate for a little extra security. I brought my Gallardo in Sydney and drove it up last weekend. Email me when you are next in Surfers and we'll go for a drive. I'm around most of the time.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:56 AM   #13
Iggy_Type_R
AF Newbie

Heya Coast Boy,

I am in GC next weekend and the one after. I've driven the Gallardo with Greville... he's an awesome guy. I was thinking of buying one, but reality hit (at this point in time) and figured I cannot afford one just yet. I am buying a Maserati Spyder with Tubi and powerchip next week tho!

Can I go for a ride in the Murci with ya? Never been/driven one of those. Is it much differnet to the Gallardo (driven that twice)?

Cheers

Iggy
Iggy_Type_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 05:59 AM   #14
Iggy_Type_R
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim501
I would not be surprised with Coast Boy didn't want to deal with Brisbane's "Lambo Dealer". I found them to be arrogant a*holes who have no concept of talking to customers, returning phone calls or being SALES PEOPLE altogether. But hey, that's just me.
Iggy_Type_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 06:01 AM   #15
Coast Boy
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Type_R
Heya Coast Boy,

I am in GC next weekend and the one after. I've driven the Gallardo with Greville... he's an awesome guy. I was thinking of buying one, but reality hit (at this point in time) and figured I cannot afford one just yet. I am buying a Maserati Spyder with Tubi and powerchip next week tho!

Can I go for a ride in the Murci with ya? Never been/driven one of those. Is it much differnet to the Gallardo (driven that twice)?

Cheers

Iggy
Mate I brought a Gallardo, three layer pearl orange, e-gear, the only one on the Gold Coast. It is a showstopper everywhere I park the cameras come out. It's so full on. I get a bit nervous with this sometimes but most people are really blown away and just want to get their photo taken which is cool.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Gallardo