Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Gallardo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Which car is better?
Ford GT 16 30.77%
Lamborghini Gallardo 36 69.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 11:01 AM   #31
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
a bit offtopic talking about m12 or 360

plz tell us only your favour or compare the 2 cars
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 06:31 AM   #32
DaMainMan
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to DaMainMan
Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

I would say the Gallardo because the Ford is just plain ugly for a sportscar of that price.
DaMainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 01:37 AM   #33
V12Unleash
AF Regular

i've never been in a ford gt i admit, but i've been as a passenger in a gallardo, the owner was interested in buying my car, and he took me for a little (very little) joy ride, and he went to the states to drive the ford gt, so i guess his view on this would be quite right

both cars are fast, although the AWD on the gallardo makes it feel sticking to the ground in 1st gear. the ford gt leaps out whenever u stick the throtlle, super charger does have lag.

both cars are well balanced, gallardo is expectionally well in corners, its faster than murcielago. compare to the ford gt, it feels less than a go-kart.

both engines are sensational, although the only down side is the ford gt does have a little lag on the bottom end, which reflects its weakness at gear change.

these two cars are built and market for different group of people, they shouldn't be really compared together.
V12Unleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 01:39 AM   #34
V12Unleash
AF Regular

P.S, to everyone who think the ford gt will not keep its value in the coming years, you'll be suprised.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:41 PM   #35
slagwater
AF Newbie

When you say that the cars are built for different types of people, I have to agree, unfortunately.

The Gallardo is built for anyone who can come up with the money and wants to buy one.

However, the Ford GT seems only to be built for the owners of dealerships who keep them for theirselves and for a few celebs who can get one. I drove up to our local Ford dealer a while ago in my Diablo with my wife and we asked what we have to do to get a GT and basically were told that it wasn't possible. Off course, a few weeks later the GT sighted in town belonged to the dealer (ie his personal car)

Ford sucks for not making enough GT's to go around..I'd buy one tomorrow for 150ish grand.

Why don't I have a Gallardo ? Well I have one Lambo and am waiting to see what the Gallardo Roadster looks like.

..slag..
slagwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 06:47 AM   #36
V12Unleash
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slagwater
Ford sucks for not making enough GT's to go around..I'd buy one tomorrow for 150ish grand.
well, from my understanding is that Ford wants to keep the car as exclusive as the orignial GT40, and doesn't want to market it like a replica of the orignial GT40. I believe the intentions were to keep thrive the hype on Ford's performance side, and let the public know that the Ford is back to its glory days and of course, it will be collectors items as soon as production finishes. it wasn't really made for profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slagwater
Why don't I have a Gallardo ? Well I have one Lambo and am waiting to see what the Gallardo Roadster looks like.
People in this forum may hate me for saying this, but till this day, i think the only two models truely represented Lamborghini was the Countach and Diablo.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:56 PM   #37
NathanP
AF Newbie

If you wanna talk about bang for buck, I have a 2004 Z06 Lingenfelter 427 Twin Turbo that does 0-60 in 3.2 (and ive actually done it), 1/4 in 9.5 sec, and top speed of over 230mph. 751rwhp 837rwtq.

and i paid 92k for it used with 100 miles on new setup and total of only 1200 miles.

I do have to say though, my new Gallardo is just as much of a blast, its just a different kind of blast. The car is obviously no comparison to my vette in power and the vette is obviously no comparison to the gallardo in handling. I wish either the vette handled like the lambo or more so the lambo had the vettes power. Oh yea, and my vette is street legal.

Last edited by NathanP; 09-23-2004 at 07:28 PM.
NathanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 07:31 PM   #38
DiabloGT
Banned

we dont care about your vette, only the gallardo!
DiabloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 10:30 AM   #39
NathanP
AF Newbie

Cool Re: Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloGT
we dont care about your vette, only the gallardo!
Oh cause I thought that alot of other people were talking about other cars that were a 'bang for the buck' but I guess since my vette could out smoke all other bang for bucks that no one cares about it eh?
Old 09-23-2004, 11:12 AM   #40
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanP
If you wanna talk about bang for buck, I have a 2004 Z06 Lingenfelter 427 Twin Turbo that does 0-60 in 3.2 (and ive actually done it), 1/4 in 9.5 sec, and top speed of over 130mph. 751rwhp 837rwtq.

and i paid 92k for it used with 100 miles on new setup and total of only 1200 miles.

I do have to say though, my new Gallardo is just as much of a blast, its just a different kind of blast. The car is obviously no comparison to my vette in power and the vette is obviously no comparison to the gallardo in handling. I wish either the vette handled like the lambo or more so the lambo had the vettes power. Oh yea, and my vette is street legal.
hey as diablo said... here is a lambo forum!

and your topspeed of your vette is just rooooofl topspeed and handling rules quarter mile is ...
Old 09-23-2004, 11:37 AM   #41
NathanP
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menu dei Motori
hey as diablo said... here is a lambo forum!

and your topspeed of your vette is just rooooofl topspeed and handling rules quarter mile is ...
Ummmm, let me look at the name of this thread again, oh yea its about a lambo and a ford. Oh yea, let me look at some of the responses, oh yea they are about a bunch of other cars besides a lambo. Wonder why eveyone got pissed when I talked about my TT vette, cause its probably one of the fastest street legal cars on this forum?

Dont get me wrong, I own a gallardo too, it will take my vette in the hills without trying, but get my vette on a straight and the lambo will dissappear. Its just the truth, you guys are acting like im bagging on lambos when I own one hahahha.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:04 PM   #42
Menu dei Motori
Click here

yes there is a difference.

if you want to praise your vette go in the corvette forum plz

you can talk about your awesome gallardo here. (i hope we can soon get some pics for our desktops!!!!!)
Old 09-23-2004, 05:18 PM   #43
DiabloGT
Banned

ok who here actually praises vettes? like on average if someone dreamed of a car, it would be higher than a vette... i bet allan lambos diablo can beat your tt vette with just a 100 shot of nitrous... theres always plenty of people with better cars, its hard to be the fastest...
DiabloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 05:34 PM   #44
NathanP
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menu dei Motori
yes there is a difference.

if you want to praise your vette go in the corvette forum plz

you can talk about your awesome gallardo here. (i hope we can soon get some pics for our desktops!!!!!)
I am a member of alot of car forums, cause I own alot of cars that I like to talk about with other people but this Lambo forum has been the most unwelcoming. People start chatting about other cars so I do also, and everyone starts bagging on me for it???

First of all, at least i own a chevy not a god forsaken ford.

Second, id imagine that most of you bagging on me dont even own a Lambo.

Third if you think a Diablo with NOS is faster than my TT then lets race for titiles, ill pay to fly anyone out with their car and their NOS to go up against my vette.

Maybe my profile says im only 25 and im getting the same reaction with people on the net that I do in real life, envy. Either way, thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Ill make sure to let everyone else know what kind people you all HAVENT been.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:36 PM   #45
NathanP
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloGT
ok who here actually praises vettes? like on average if someone dreamed of a car, it would be higher than a vette... i bet allan lambos diablo can beat your tt vette with just a 100 shot of nitrous... theres always plenty of people with better cars, its hard to be the fastest...
I never said I was the fastest, I was simply chatting along about bang for buck cause I spent $92k on a Twin Turbo vette that is real fast and I thought that was a good deal. What is it with you people?

Oh yea, just for the record when I said a top speed of 130 it was a type-o, I ment a top speed of over 230mph.

Last edited by NathanP; 09-23-2004 at 07:29 PM.