Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-20-2001, 05:48 PM   #1
justin@af
Old Mod

Send a message via AIM to justin@af
I just got two 10" neon blue neon lights...and was wondering how i install them...any ideas??
Old 03-21-2001, 12:25 AM   #2
TheMan5952
Volvo Guy

Send a message via AIM to TheMan5952
Do you want them to be one all the time, through a switch, or just when you turn your headlights on or something?

Sold!1993 volvo 850
Intake, Exhaust, Springs, Shock, I.C.E.
TheMan5952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 09:24 PM   #3
verboom
AF Regular

Well, I see it like this. You can either put them in your car, and end up lookng like a pimp, or you can just toss them, and keep you car looking good.
verboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 09:50 PM   #4
Koojo
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Koojo
I worked a little bit with this stuff, so I think i can help you out. this simplest way that i can put it is that you will need a switch, (3 prong switch is good), some good wire, and a brain. the prong on your switch that says PWR or BTRY, will connect to a consant power source, such as a 12V on your consol or straight to the battery (if you are connecting straight to the batter, you will need to put an inline fuse in that wire.) The second prong should says something like ACC, this is where you hook up your neons to. The third prong is the GRD, which will connect to any bare piece of metal on your car. Remember to ground the switch and the neons to a different places. This should give you some idea. email me or reply if you need more help. peace :smoka:
Koojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 04:13 PM   #5
John98R/T
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to John98R/T
Hey if you want a cool look, go for LED lights they last way longer than neon, and they emit a higher density light. I have a blue LED light under each seat in my car and it adds personality to your cars interior.

Peace

John98R/T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 09:02 PM   #6
Koojo
AF Enthusiast

Neons dont get hot, and LED do I think, so I dunno if thats to any danger to putting it under the seat. I also dont know how much LED cost, but you can get a neon license plate frame to put under the seat for about $13 on a website I know. They are one of the best neons around. Email me if you need more info. Peace
Old 04-26-2001, 06:27 PM   #7
TheMan5952
Volvo Guy

Send a message via AIM to TheMan5952
LED's don't get hot. LED's are the same thing that lights up the Num Lock Light, or the blinking light for a Alarm System.

Sold!1993 volvo 850
Intake, Exhaust, Springs, Shock, I.C.E.
TheMan5952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 08:20 AM   #8
imagettin2ya
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to imagettin2ya Send a message via AIM to imagettin2ya Send a message via Yahoo to imagettin2ya
I wanna put something of this sort in my pickup, and I was wonderin where I could get them, the best way to hook them up, what lasts longest, and all the details like that. I'm kinda new at this, so I definatly need all the help I can get.
imagettin2ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 07:03 PM   #9
Koojo
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by imagettin2ya
I wanna put something of this sort in my pickup, and I was wonderin where I could get them, the best way to hook them up, what lasts longest, and all the details like that. I'm kinda new at this, so I definatly need all the help I can get.
Go to www.streetglow.com ...they have the best lights around that last. They also have a lot of message boards and forums, so you can pretty much learn whatever you need there..thats how I learned most of my stuff...good luck man
Old 02-11-2002, 04:22 PM   #10
GreenAvenger
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to GreenAvenger Send a message via Yahoo to GreenAvenger
I would say that u should follow the directions that came with them. if none came with the lights then use common sense..double stick tape..small screws etc...
GreenAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 07:56 PM   #11
Koojo
AF Enthusiast

I definatly want to put neons in my car....primarily under the dash so it would light the area where that legs are....but I dont have a hole in my fire wall where I can run all the wires through, and I dont really want to drill my car. So I dunno what im gonna do
Old 06-15-2002, 10:04 AM   #12
sciguyjim
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Koojo
I definatly want to put neons in my car....primarily under the dash so it would light the area where that legs are....but I dont have a hole in my fire wall where I can run all the wires through, and I dont really want to drill my car. So I dunno what im gonna do

I'm no expert at this but here's my idea. How about running the wires from under the dash inconspicuously along the bottom corners of the leg space toward the door. You might be able to then run them behind the front fender and up into the engine compartment. The weatherstripping would not pinch the wires hard and since the small gap from the wires is near the floor, no water can drip in.

Another thought, is that you may be able to wire the lights to the cigarette lighter from behind or under the dash. A switch could be installed in either setup to turn them on and off.
sciguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 05:22 PM   #13
iT90accord
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to iT90accord Send a message via Yahoo to iT90accord
Ok i know how to hook up strobes and everything and how to connect it to the switchs but how do you find a power wire without hooking it up directly to your battery? Is there some place that you can hook any kind of power wires to under the dash or whatever?

thanx
lataZ

02 Black WRX
17" Rota Gold Rims
HKS EBC
Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust
Tinted Headlights
More to come...
iT90accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 01:48 AM   #14
sciguyjim
AF Regular

I think you should be able to get battery power by tapping into the appropriate fuse holder on the battery side of the fuse. You could then put your own fuse into the line and use that to power anything directly off the battery.

At K-mart I saw some fuse holders that did this exact thing. They plugged into an existing fuse holder and had a spot for the fuse in the original circuit. From one side of this new fuse holder, a wire came off which had another fuse holder in it. This was an easy way to add a new fused circuit without having to tear into any electronics under the dash. It looked simple yet effective.
sciguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 11:55 AM   #15
priyesh
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to priyesh
neon washers

hi

can any1 help me?

i live in the UK and i own a Honda Civic 3dr Hatchback i bought some neon washers for the front off my car i want to know where do i get the power for the lights?do i directly connect them to the battery?

:flash:
priyesh is offline   Reply With Quote