Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > SCCA Racing > Solo Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 07:11 AM   #1
omani
AF Newbie

Tell Me How Will U Tackle Those Corners

HELLO ALL..

ATTACHED IS A LINK OF THE TRACK WE RACE ON IN MY COUNTRY, IT IS ORIGINOLY A GO-CART TRACK, BUT U CAN ALSO MANAGE TO DRIVE A CAR ON IT, WITH HIGH SPEED..

I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THE TRACK SATALITE PIC WITH U ALL, AND WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSSE, THE BEST WAY TO TACKLE EACH CORNER, AS THIS DISCUSSION MIGHT HELP ME WITH MY COMING AUTOX RACE ON THE 21/09

http://www.wikimapia.org/#y=23583069...tag=automobile
omani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:35 AM   #2
SabreKhan
The middle pedal is bad

Re: Tell Me How Will U Tackle Those Corners

Unless that's all asphalt around the edges of the track, that's really more of a Solo I question. Plus, if it's a go-kart track, it's probably very low-speed. We would need more information about the track. How long is it? Any elevation changes? What type of car are you driving? Does it push? Does it run loose? High horsepower, low horsepower? RWD, FWD, AWD? How experienced of a driver are you? Your skills as a driver will dictate what skills I would recommend for a given corner.

2004 Impreza WRX (SCCA DS 519)
2000 Saturn SL
SabreKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #3
omani
AF Newbie

Re: Tell Me How Will U Tackle Those Corners

thnx bro for replying back,
the track is fully asphilt, unless u accedently leav the track, then u will end up on the sand, but its pretty wide, it is a go-cart track, but it verry wide for go-carts.
if u open the link now, c the first straight line on ur far left, u will notic that there is very light white line, thats the start line. . wene u take off, thats a straight flat road, until u come to the first right corner, which almost looks like a U shape, here the roads starts going down, even after passing the first slightly left turn, it is still going down until the big right turn on the right side of the pic ur looking at, just after coming out of the right turn, the road starts going up again to the normal level, the again there is asharp left U turn, then immedeitly a sharp right Uturn (S), then left and right and little left and a verry sharp left, after that there is a fast straight line, which i normaly shift to secound on my toyota soarer the import japanees (2.5 twin turbo ) (!j). back weel, ok back to track, then there is a right big U, then a gain a fast strech with a tricky left bend, until u cross the finish line.

my car is pretty heavy comparing to other cars, but im still doin well, i use toyo semi slick tyres, im not an expert, but u can say a almost very good driver. by now i well understand the reactions of my car, the semi slicks are very good on other tracks , but still didnt try them on this one. max speed, i reach on this track is almost 90kmh, last time i oarticipated on this track, i used my normal tyres, and i burned alot on corners, but still managed to get behind the 4x4 (evos), my timing was 50.02sec this is the best i did until now, and the record of this track is 47sec and something, by a renualt)clio wiliams, or something like that, but fully midified for autocross). that car left the back weel wene turning !!!!!!!
help plzzzzz
omani is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > SCCA Racing > Solo Racing