Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 07:01 PM   #1
imakedacookies
AF Regular

78 Camaro interior

I have an opportunity to buy a 78 z28 for a great price. I dont really have the extra money for another car but I dont think I can pass up the deal. I guess my question is how hard is it to the interior back together? This car runs and drives but the owner has the interior down to the carpet in his garage. I wont have the money to restore it so I will just put everything back but I have no idea how difficult it is. Im decent at putting cars together but if its a difficulty level 5 model i wont be able to ha. Just curious how difficult these cars are to put together.
imakedacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:57 AM   #2
dirtydanny
AF Newbie

Re: 78 Camaro interior

It took my dad a few years to restore his old chevy. There are so many things to consider like the condition of the interiors, engine, and the body itself. The parts are not easy to find and yes it is very expensive to completely restore it. For the interiors alone you have to shelve out at least $1,000 for the parts.
dirtydanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:29 AM   #3
SteadyOn
AF Newbie

Re: 78 Camaro interior

It really depends on the condition of the interior. Replacement parts such as the dash or gauge cluster are the real kickers, expect a fair amount of money, at least $500, to replace large interior details. Carpeting and seating is more affordable, if you install yourself. Carpeting generally won't go over $200, seats, especially rear, are more expensive. You can find cheaper non-original style options for $150 a seat if you look around. As for the console, expect $500-$700 dollars, though for large interior parts it may be better to check a local junk/scrapyard first, and clean up whatever you find.
SteadyOn is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions