Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > MG > MG Midget
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
Cbpcop
AF Newbie

Worth it?

Currently looking at a '76 MG Midget - body is excellent shape - all straight and only a few tiny rust spots, currently painted bright yellow with dual white racing stripes - not a perfect paint job but quite good. New seats and soft top, driving beams and stereo added. Not for the problems - the front suspension needs to be redone - test drove it and it almost changed lanes by itself when we hit a manhole cover. Brakes need to be pumped up constantly and it sounds like it needs either brake rotors or wheel bearings. Carb needs to be cleaned and tweeked a bit also. I've been a mechanic for about 31 yrs now so this doesn't really scare me. Any thoughts - this car is really clean and straight...
Cbpcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
MidgetMan
AF Newbie

Re: Worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbpcop View Post
Currently looking at a '76 MG Midget - body is excellent shape - all straight and only a few tiny rust spots, currently painted bright yellow with dual white racing stripes - not a perfect paint job but quite good. New seats and soft top, driving beams and stereo added. Not for the problems - the front suspension needs to be redone - test drove it and it almost changed lanes by itself when we hit a manhole cover. Brakes need to be pumped up constantly and it sounds like it needs either brake rotors or wheel bearings. Carb needs to be cleaned and tweeked a bit also. I've been a mechanic for about 31 yrs now so this doesn't really scare me. Any thoughts - this car is really clean and straight...
Sounds like a great project. I have a 78 in considerably worse shape. Probably cheaper for me to find something like you are looking at. The difference is that I have now owned this car for 30 years and feel a certain obligation and due respect to it. Keep it on the road!
MidgetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
hillbilly678
AF Newbie

Re: Worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbpcop View Post
well u could look at mine instead i just bought it and thought i got a deal cause it runs so dad gum good but the bad came when i got it home first the gas gauge was working the rpm gauge was working and the brake lights aint working but i knew that already but not the other got it painted and ran outta paint while painting it base coat clear coat so think ill just sell mine too cause i just dont feel like repairing all those things know what i meam!! but mine does drive quite well its got brand new tires it ought to i dont kn ow what u paid but i got 3500 on mine and if someone offers me 2200 its gone bye bye
hillbilly678 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > MG > MG Midget