Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 02:45 AM   #16
23toyota23
AF Regular

Re: Re: street racing in maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicHBsi91
your stupid, street racing fuels the import industry if there was no street racing it wouldent be that big
no your stupid, by street racing you can lose your license....kill yourself....or worse yet someone else.
23toyota23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 01:02 PM   #17
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to civicHBsi91
its the risk i take, ide rather street race then have nothing to do and go smoke weed or get into other gay shyt like that, ive been street racing since i had my lisence i have no tickets, points or violations im not totally stupid, if i cant pull something off i dont try it, street racing fuels the industry no matter what you say and you cant deny it
Old 08-16-2003, 01:21 PM   #18
23toyota23
AF Regular

Re: street racing in maryland

Quote:
its the risk i take, ide rather street race then have nothing to do and go smoke weed or get into other gay shyt like that, ive been street racing since i had my lisence i have no tickets, points or violations im not totally stupid, if i cant pull something off i dont try it, street racing fuels the industry no matter what you say and you cant deny it
sorry i called you stupid. just be aware of the risks you take everytime you race. yes street racing fuels the industry but you i bet your if you check your local drag strip, they have some kind of street car night you could enter in for a few bucks.
Old 08-16-2003, 01:29 PM   #19
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

i like the track and i will go, i like the streets and i do go, i know the risks and i dont do stupid shyt i try to race carefully as possible im not gonna do something stupid for a pety win on the streets
Old 08-16-2003, 01:41 PM   #20
23toyota23
AF Regular

Quote:
i know the risks and i dont do stupid shyt i try to race carefully as possible im not gonna do something stupid for a pety win on the streets
like i said, as long as you know the risks and are willing to take them go ahead. but a lot of kids around here that street race have no clue how a car works let alone how to mod it thats why they are on the street.......don't want to get embarassed at the track
Old 08-16-2003, 01:52 PM   #21
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
like i said, as long as you know the risks and are willing to take them go ahead. but a lot of kids around here that street race have no clue how a car works let alone how to mod it thats why they are on the street.......don't want to get embarassed at the track
yea i know how cars work i think im doing pretty good for how young i am, i did my own swap and whatever else has gone wrong with the car, my friends are scared to goto the track cuz they think they will run slow but shyt you run what you run who gives a shyt, you can always get better
Old 08-16-2003, 02:01 PM   #22
23toyota23
AF Regular

Quote:
my friends are scared to goto the track cuz they think they will run slow but shyt you run what you run who gives a shyt, you can always get better
exactly, you could have a stock civic but if you know what you were talkin about no one will make fun of you to much (cept the honda haters).
Old 08-18-2003, 04:16 PM   #23
Import_fantasy
AF Regular

street racing

i live in maryland in aa co. and the place were i see alot of street racing is on richie highway....but i totally disagree with u guys thinking theres no cops there....friday and saturday night the whole damn road is swarming with cops....everytime i cruise up there on a fri. or sat. night i see sum1 pulled over....now i live near route 100 and thats were alot of my racing goes on
Import_fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 04:35 PM   #24
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

no one said there was no cops, there are tons of cops you just have to be smart, what kind of car do you drive?
Old 08-21-2003, 01:14 PM   #25
Hyatus
Banned

I'm from montgomery county and theres more underground racing going on here than you think, on every thursday and sat. night there are races on secluded areas in and around giathersberg and rockville i'm not going to tell u where because u (might be a cop) but i hope your not..........just ask people in that area we alway welcome new people and make them race first just dont ask us whats under the hood of our cars we find that disrespectfull (i dont but some do) hope to see u soon!
Hyatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 04:22 PM   #26
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

thats officially retarded, ide rather goto northern and sit around awhile and watch 4 or 5 races than do that shyt, i mean racing someone set up not knowing what they have is kinda gay, if its for money, if its not then.....i geuss its still kinda dumb but whatever, atleast at northern everyone is checked out and most races are fair
Old 09-03-2003, 10:08 PM   #27
fnkdrspok
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to fnkdrspok Send a message via MSN to fnkdrspok Send a message via Yahoo to fnkdrspok
I don't mean to bring up an old thread that's been dead for a while but when I was in MD I lived down the street from Northern Parkway. We would then go to Woodmoor Shopping Center when we got chased off by the cops. I could never run there cause nobody wanted to run anybody that was spraying. But I know craig loud ass with the 240sx and the lil white dude with the fast ass hatch on slicks. I seen some good races that birthed at northern parkway, the race between the Nova and the Mustang on hwy 70 crash.

My point is, we went out Beltsville to race one time, leaving from nothern parkway. It was about 30 cars from that part of Baltimore, drove out there into this little industrial park. It was cars lined up waiting to run like it was an actual drag strip. I didn't see anybody run for any money tho. It had to be like 400 people in that parking lot (girls and guys) just watching the races. Bad part is, it's one way in, one way out. So if the cops blocked the entrance, you were basically stuck.

Dundalk is cool too, I don't really like blocking off an highway to race but whatever floats your boat.

FnkDrSpok

Aerodyne/Bell Turbo rated at 250 hp max
DSM HKS BOV
Big Ass FM Intercooler
DC Sports Catback Exhaust
SAFC-II w/DSM 450cc Bluetop injectors
MSD SCI Ignition
MSD Distributor w/Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 mm wires
NGK V Power Spark Plugs
Venom 400 Performance Module (which I'm selling)
Pics of current setup: http://photos.yahoo.com/prettyboy_bawler

Got it tuned, having mad fun running 8-9 psi.

B18C1 is on the back burner as I play with this setup for a while.
fnkdrspok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:46 AM   #28
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

they knew you were spraying a d15 and didnt want to race? i mean its quick but its not untouchable for up there, they would kick us out of the shopping center but we would goto the gas station on the corner and chill and cops would pass but wouldent come in and they would leave us alone

one night we did like 7 races where we would go out to 70 race and come back to the gas station

lately ive heard it was real hot with cops so......ohwell someone will find a new spot eventually
Old 09-13-2003, 11:53 PM   #29
eaz-b
AF Newbie

Hyatus,
your not by chance talking about the big shopping area in Rockville off of 495 where everyone gathers...i think it was wed or fri, cant remember
some nice cars at that show, and at one at Arby's off of 301
anyone looking for a decent spot to test at, email me at doublecode00@aol.com
its right along 301 in Waldorf, not to hard to find
you gotta be quick to your cars though if you know what i mean =)
there's a backdoor of course, though
anyone looking to mess around, bring it on down
just wait for the CMAS break when i get of college
wed is the day
eaz-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 02:00 PM   #30
Hyatus
Banned

Those spots are pretty good for around here,where are you from and BTW welcome to AF
Hyatus is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing