Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Silhouette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #1
mattydizzle88
AF Newbie

2004 Oldsmobile Tradgety! read please

Hey guys, got a question/ problem to anyone who has owned a 1993- 2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette or to anyone who could provide me with more information.

There was a circumstance that i was told about a horriffic auto accident, (Family of mine)

read this link: (Super quick i swear)

okay so basically my buddies father was driving a 2004 Oldsmobile Silhouette on the highway with my buddy ( my age) sitting in the passengers seat in the vehicle while traveling down I95.

A Driver cuts them off violently bumps the left front of his vehicle AS the driver is trying to avoid and dodge the crash.
suddenly he has no control og the vehicle going 65 miles an hour and then the rollercoaster begins, the violent left to right in quick succession makes the vehicle tip over and in the process a tire fell off (thank some higher power, whatever you want that these two people are still alive) this tire made its way into oncoming traffic where an older woman pursued charges against them for the tire hitting her vehicle in their accident.

Basically the accident resulted in the air bags not deploying and the vehicle was leaking gas heavily, my friend recieved 43 stitched is his skull cap from the accident. the scars on the top of his head are a constant reminder of being trapped in a violent, out of control trap of death which he very nearly escaped from. i did extensive searches on google this website and a few others on the matter but cant find any incidents having to do with dorman 979 steering knuckles RESULT IN LOSS OF STEERING CONTROL AND A POSSIBLE CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.
the correction to dodge the vehicle that almost incurred damage sent him into a whirling frenzy of chaos where your somewhere between life and death and the very precious seconds that make that call.

after hearing all of this i'm feeling like my friend is owed compensation for ptsd, damages, (physical and civil) this accident happened in february of 2012they stopped at a tire shop shortly before hand (get the tires replaced) and this happens does anyone have any information? anyone have the same instances? let me know!! and thank you
mattydizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: 2004 Oldsmobile Tradgety! read please

How did this tire fall off? Did the lugs snap after being hit? Did you feel any kind of vibration from the wheel before the accident?

Not sure of your description of the accident....going 65 miles an hour, and you try to steer away from the accident, you are bound to lose control...did the car cut you off by turning in front of you, or did it go through stop sign/light on a highway from the side?

was the accident investigated by the police?
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 01:22 AM   #3
mattydizzle88
AF Newbie

hey so yeah the tire fell off after the van had flipped several times, no vibration whatsoever, driver cut him off air bags didnt deploy, leaked of gas.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #4
gmtech1
AF Enthusiast

I guess I'm not sure what you're after. You can't expect things not to break off in the process of a vehicle flipping several times. That puts WAY more stress on parts they they were designed for. As for the air bags, depending on the angle of the impact, they may not deploy. Even in a rollover...
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:27 PM   #5
mattydizzle88
AF Newbie

im just wondering if anyone else has experienced an oldsmobile silhouette losing all steering completly and was in a roll over crash due to it.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:32 PM   #6
mattydizzle88
AF Newbie

sorry i forgot to post the link originally.
http://www.autobytel.com/oldsmobile/...4/car-recalls/
Old 01-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #7
mattydizzle88
AF Newbie

and yes the accident was investigated im pretty sure the other guy got the ticket, pictures were taken.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
2004 , oldsmobile , silhouette
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Silhouette