Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Older Pickups
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #16
cthroop
AF Newbie

Re: 97 Nissan Pickup wierd problem....

My 1997 Nissan Pickup was doing this too until I took it to Jeffrey's Automotive in Watauga, TX. They found a vacuum line that was plugged or partially plugged. After they cleaned it out, the truck ran fine. I don't know which vacuum line it was.
cthroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #17
fixit1943
AF Newbie

Have you tried replacing the low speed injector? Does it run better after 55 mph?
fixit1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #18
LordZarkon
AF Newbie

I have a 97 Nissan 4x4, 2.4L Ka24E engine. Mine idles fine, but has a flat spot at 3200-3500 rpm. Engine accelerates hard, then bogs down flat... can't get past it in 5th unless I'm going downhill. I feel it in the other gears, but the engine has inertia to get past it then. Fuel economy is poor, too.
I was thinking about plugged or partially plugged vac lines, or the TPS... I'm interested to hear ideas, because my problem sounds similar to this guys.
LordZarkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:52 PM   #19
jimnecci
AF Newbie

I am experiencing the same code, cylinder 4 miss. It has happened four or five times now, the shop can find no problem except the code. One of the things we have determined is that if the overdrive button on the automatic trans shift lever is disengaged the check engine light gets set. What could the overdrive have to do with the engine light? The shop has no clue.
jimnecci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #20
royhamilton
AF Newbie

I am having the exact same problem with a misfire on cylinder 4. I started with having the parts store check the codes. I have replaced the plugs, wires, distributor cap, and oxygen sensor. Then I took it to the dealership. They replaced the BPT valve and ERGC valve. The next day the light came on again. Now they want to replace the intake manifold. I just don't that's the problem. Has anyone found a solution to this?
royhamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:58 AM   #21
Netsurfdog
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: 97 Nissan Pickup wierd problem....

Hey Guys,

I know this is an old thread, but for those that are still looking for answers... this might help. I had the same issue (misfire on 1 in my case). Did all the usual things everyone else had done (plugs, wires, rotor, distributor, etc) with no luck.

Finally tried an anti-foul spark plug extender like this on cylinder 1: http://www.autozone.com/ignition-tun...lug-non-fouler

It didn't fix the problem, but it helped. It made the cylinder run leaner and this confirmed too much gas was getting forced into cylinder 1. That lead me to google this article about cleaning the EGR passages. http://www.motor.com/magazine/pdfs/122009_02.pdf

Three of my four passages were completely blocked with carbon thus forcing all the excess into the only open one (cylinder 1) thus overwhelming it and causing the misfire. Simple fix with carb cleaner and some brushes but you need the right tool to unscrew the port plugs at a slight angle. Took about an hour an a half to do but truck runs perfectly now!
Netsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:18 AM   #22
zanegrey
AF Regular

Check pcv operation for oil fouling the cylinders..

Then valve guide seals then head gasket itself

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Older Pickups