Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Rumors & Concepts
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Rumors & Concepts Post pictures and discuss the upcoming cars, rumors and spy photos.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 09:16 AM   #46
Living5hrapn3l
AF Newbie

Are you guys forgetting about the ATTESA system? Is that going on the new Skyline?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rich Cook
Living5hrapn3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:19 AM   #47
VQuick
AF Enthusiast

Re: Skyline Gt-r R35

That's almost a certainty. You can get ATTESA-ETS on the Skyline now. I don't why why it wouldn't be available on the upcoming GT-R.
VQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:21 AM   #48
paultyler_82
AF Newbie

Just to clear something up about Japanese vs. US Emissions specs, in the past, Japanese specs were actually harsher that US specs, just in a different way, in the US, a spec was set by maximum pollutants per type of engine, whereas in Japan, there was a solid cutoff, no matter the type of engine... what this means is, in japan, take a V6 and V8 that put out the same amount of power, now lets say the V8 puts out quite a bit more pollutants... it would be an illegal engine, because it's past the cutoff limit... In america, take the same two engines, and the V6 would be illegal. Why? Because in america, even though that V8 puts out more pollutants, it's still within rating for a V8 type engine, whereas the V6 which produces the same amount of power with less pollution still runs afoul because it is above the allowable pollutants level for a V6 type. Hope this sheds some light on things.
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 10:15 PM   #49
Lon_ness
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla's Keeper

2: An engine layout other than a straight-six - Yes, ever since the S20 in the KPGC10 "Hakosuka" and KPGC110 "Ken & Mary" Skyline GT-R's, straight sixes have been the tradition. However, do you want to pay another 10 to 15 thousand dollars per car so that Nissan can justify developing a whole new engine and front subframe just to satisfy "tradition"?
Hi i know this might sound an bit werid coming from someone u dont know.

So i apologize if i offend you in what i am about to say

I my self am japanese born in Fukuoka
I came to USA just last year, To study ..so please mind my english

To me what you said about tradition offended me.
My country lives by Tradition and Honor through out the ages
My family dates back to the "Heian Period " in japan (last recording on books) during that time my family were "Bushi" and they lived by Honor and Tradition.
And i still live by my family traditons
My family used this saying as an guild line and this was passed down to me when i was very young ...
"Pride Before Greed, Honor Before Pride, Blood Before Honor"(my translation is not to accuate.)

I am not saying what you say is wrong i understand that your comment is coming from an American perspective.
Honor and Tradition is something your country knows little of.
and my i self am not surprised by the path Nissan has taken.....

Agian i apologize if i offend any one but it just make me angry to see any one comment on my Countrys Tradition

Imataro. Kaneshiro.
Lon_ness is offline   Reply With Quote